Rebecca Mayes Needs People to ROCK OUT

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Rebecca Mayes Needs People to ROCK OUT

How would you like to be in an upcoming Rebecca Mayes Muses [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/rebecca-mayes-muses] music video? Well, here's your chance!

Rebecca Mayes Muses [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/rebecca-mayes-muses] is one of the fastest growing video series on The Escapist, thanks to Rebecca's musical talent and videogame skills. Now she is asking you, members of The Escapist, to ROCK OUT and earn a part in her upcoming musical video release for Guitar Hero 5.

Just submit a 30 second film of you and your friends rocking out to any song on Guitar Hero or DJ Hero! The lucky Escapist user chosen by Rebecca Mayes to be in her musical video will earn a special badge!

Your homemade videos are due no later than November 30th at noon EST, so get to rockin! Click Here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/rebeccaROCKOUT] for a full list of rules and prizes.

Bassman_2

Feb 9, 2009
If it was Beatles Rock Band I'd totally be on board, mainly because I'm already doing it.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I would like to be in one of her videos but i don't play any guitar hero games.

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Does it have to be Guitar Hero 5? I have on hand a few of the earlier ones, but haven't made the leap to that one yet.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
how can i send in a video of some friends and i "rocking out" without including copyrighted materials?.

we could all stand around in silence whit plastic instruments but i hardly think that would qualify as "rocking out"

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
KValentine said:
Does it have to be Guitar Hero 5? I have on hand a few of the earlier ones, but haven't made the leap to that one yet.
Nope, any of the Guitar Hero's will work.

TimbukTurnip

Jan 3, 2009
zombie711 said:
cant wait to join but why cant dj hero join?
Because you can't 'Rock Out' to songs on DJ hero?

OT: I have guitar hero legends of rock thingy but the plastic guitar does work right (due to being able to take the neck off of the guitar to take up less space).
Also i dont think that guitar hero (was it GH3?) was very good.
If it was Rockband then i'd have a go, but its not =/

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Armored Prayer said:
Sounds like fun, but I don't have many friends and can only play on easy difficulty.

Oh well.
You can still rock to solo on easy. Just do your thing! Remember, we don't want footage of the actual game, just you tearing it up rocker style!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
To be more clear, since we don't want any gameplay, technically you probably don't even have to be playing the game. Have fun with it! Get creative! Harness the Rocker inside you!

Or DJ for DJ Hero!

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Psychosocial said:
Oh yeah, I'm going to rock so fucking hard. We actually have a video camera, so I've GOT to submit a video for this.

Haven't read the rules yet, probably for the US only, but I'd be willing to give up any prize or such, just wanna do this for fun! :)
It's not US only, it's international. ROCK ON!

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Spinwhiz said:
Armored Prayer said:
Sounds like fun, but I don't have many friends and can only play on easy difficulty.

Oh well.
You can still rock to solo on easy. Just do your thing! Remember, we don't want footage of the actual game, just you tearing it up rocker style!
Well in that case I might try this out.

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Psychosocial said:
Spinwhiz said:
Psychosocial said:
Oh yeah, I'm going to rock so fucking hard. We actually have a video camera, so I've GOT to submit a video for this.

Haven't read the rules yet, probably for the US only, but I'd be willing to give up any prize or such, just wanna do this for fun! :)
It's not US only, it's international. ROCK ON!
Oh my god yes.

Just one question though, there was something you had to fill out for Themis Media, do I have to do it before I upload, after I upload, or upon request?
You can upload your vid and then get it to us before the deadline.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
What exactly is this rocking out business?

Physically exaggerated movements while playing?

I don't fully understand what the contest entails. I can play Guitar Hero pretty well, but 30 seconds is less than any song, and I doubt you're looking for impressive playing since you also want videos of people playing on easy.

What I mean to ask here is if a video of me standing still 2-hand tapping (and elbow-strumming the first note) a full combo of the intro to TFFAF would be acceptable, or if I should instead screw up solo F of Satch Boogie with the guitar behind my back, or if I should just put expression into a FC of one of the solos in Cliffs of Dover...?

Or if I should just jump around smashing things with my plastic guitar.