Reccomend me DS games that don't require twitch reflexes.

Ronald Nand

Jan 6, 2013
Recently I've decided to quit Mobile Games, I'm tired of all the bullshit progression systems and nickel and diming. So I recently purchases the Drastic Emulator for my Android, and that seems to run alot of DS games pretty well.

I'm looking for any good Nintendo DS games that don't require you to act quickly, as I'm working with a virtual joystick which is slow to react at the best of times, visual novels, puzzle games, turn based RPGs, basically anything that doesn't require me to press buttons quickly like Mario Kart. I'd still be interested in a game that requires fast reactions if its only on the touch screen since my phone touchscreen will allow me to do that with little difficulty.

Jan 27, 2011
Advance Wars Days of Ruin

Hell, any of the advance wars games are great, but this was the best one IMO. It has a much more engaging story (while also peppering it with traditional goofy Advance wars humor) and it improved the gameplay (although CO powers are introduced to the story criminally late).

The Etrian Odyssey series

These are FANTASTIC dungeon crawler RPGS. You create your own guild of adventurers, name them, create your team compositions, and then plunder a giant freakin' labyrinth full of monsters. It's heavy on the grind, but it doesn't feel that bad, as you continually feel like you're making progress. Also, you make your own map of the dungeon on the bottom screen. The first one is kinda flawed, but still pretty good, the second one is better but has a less interesting story, and the third one is still the best damn one in the series (A phenomenal story with some actual weight and difficult decisions, and weird new classes that can have bonkers good synergy together).

Shin Megami Tensai Devil Survivor

A tactics type game mixed with an RPG with a focus on buying and fusing demon partners to make stronger ones. The gameplay is damn solid, and the story is fantastic. The protagonists are trapped in a sudden lockdown of Tokyo and have 7 days to either escape or resolve the situation as the world around them slowly crumbles into madness and chaos.

There's a ton more, but I can't quite remember them at this time.

Kotaro

Desdinova's Successor
Feb 3, 2009
I've seen both Etrian Odyssey and 999 mentioned already, but I'm going to second those recommendations.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I've been playing a hard to find DS game, Dragon Ball Z Attack of the Saiyans. Really considering writing a review for it (as an experiment) after I'm done with it (at this point just doing the extra stuff). Anyway, if you are a Dragon Ball fan, it's a great RPG. The biggest problem is how slow the story segments are, but combat is solid and fun.

I will say there is a bit of reaction time needed, but all it does is reduce the damage you take from attacks slightly. It's not so much that not hitting the button will completely kill you, though. And it doesn't seem unfair in that regard, either.

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Picross 3D.

The first thing that came to my mind. In fact, everyone should play this game (not just the OP).