Reccommend me some DS games :)

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
So, as it just so happens, I've finally replaced my stolen DS, and now I'm craving for some reccommendations on interesting games. I play anything, from action to RPG to strategy and even story games (Hotel Dusk, Ace Attorney series). So go crazy nuts and reccommend me your favourites. Thanks and much appreciated :)

GaWi

May 31, 2011
If you like point and click games with lots of text, you can't do much better than 999: 9 doors, 9 persons, 9 hours. Professor layton is a good series.

Action: Contra 4, custom robo arena(shit in every aspect except for awesome gameplay), GTA: chinatown wars
Action rpg: the three castlevania games on the DS
music: Elite beat agents(the most criminally ignored music game in existance)
Strategy: Advance wars: dual strike and days of ruin, fire emblem: shadow dragon (It's not the best in the series, but still good.
Rpg: Pokemon: Diamond/peral/platinum & black/white, the world ends with you, mario & luigi RPGs,
Racing: Mario kart DS
Platforming: new super mario bros,kirby canvas curse, kirby super star ultra
other: warioware: touched!

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
My favorite ds game, you ask?

I would suggest Lock's Quest. It has a good story and mainly has a focus of Tower Defense. It's a really unique title.

MightyRabbit

Feb 16, 2011
Well if you're already done with Ace Attorney, go play Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Aside from that, I'd also say Chrono Trigger. It was originally a SNES game, but it legitimately holds up as one of, if not the most fun and polished JRPGs ever.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Shame, I already played most of those, but I will try 999, thanks a lot

Also, 2000th post yay

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Oo Oo! GARDENING MAMA!!!!.........did I say that aloud?....

*cough*

......Lost in Blue 1 and 2 if you haven't picked it up.....*flees*

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
The Dark Spire. It's easily one of my favourite RPGs, but it seems like no-one else has played it. It's a very old school turn based dungeon crawler, a bit like the Wizardry games. I always have to recommend it in threads like this, because I know no-one else will and it really deserves more attention.

Contra 4, Ghost Trick Phantom Detective, Advance Wars: Dark Conflict, and the Etrian Odyssey series are some of my other favourites.

Uzbekistan

Dec 17, 2009
Gosh. This might be tough.

Final fantasies for the DS. The ever under appreciated Glory of Heracles if your into kinda accurate Greek mythos. The World Ends With You. Kingdom Hearts: Re Coded. Pokemon Heart Gold or Soul Silver (Prefer them over Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Black and white). Professor Layton series if you like puzzles. Elite Beat Agents. The Mario RPG series, but I particularly liked Partners in Time (mostly because baby Luigi looks ADORABLE). Cooking Mama if you want something mindless to do. I'll probably think of more later oMo

blarghblarghhhhh

Mar 16, 2010
Tonimata said:
pokemon black/white
the world ends with you (best rpg on the system)
okamiden (sequal to okami)
radiant historia( rpg awesome combat
might and magic clash of heroes ( awesome puzzle rpg)
retro game challenge (a game where you play made up retro games because a disembodied head is forcing you to. not even close to joking about the discription)
henry hatsworth (one part platformer, one part match three puzzle game. all fun.)
both the zelda titles

chaosyoshimage

Apr 1, 2011
I second the Zelda and Pokemon games, as well as The World Ends With You, Retro Game Challenge, Chrono Trigger, Lock's Quest (Don't see that one recommended enough), and Elite Beat Agents. I'd like to add the Professor Layton series to this list. The DS has so many great games. This thread reminds me I still need to get Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes, Okamiden, Ghost Trick, and Radiant Historia. And, Solatorobo came out this week...

Biodeamon

Apr 11, 2011
if you like a challenge then go with devil survivor or strange journey. shin megami tensei really likes upping the difficulty in their RPG's.

Also i hear plants vs zombies is also on DS.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
Biodeamon said:
if you like a challenge then go with devil survivor or strange journey. shin megami tensei really likes upping the difficulty in their RPG's.
Dammit Ninja'd,Both are excellent,Devil survivor plays like a fire emblem game and has some of my favorite atmosphere in any game. While Strange journey is an excellent first person dungeon crawler with one of the better negation systems of the series.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
For RPG games I suggest-

Infinite Space (Made by Platinum Game so you know it will be good (Bayonetta, Vanquish etc).

Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies

Golden Sun Dark Dawn (It's more fun if you had play the first two GBA games)

The World Ends With You (Awesome soundtrack.)

Phantasy Star Zero (Similar to Online but with abit of the attack mechanic from the Universe series).

Also you must get the sequel to Hotel Dust "Last Window: The Secret of Cape West". It's so much better compare to the firt game since they made some improvement and better extra contents.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
Biodeamon said:

Also i hear plants vs zombies is also on DS.
Just because it's by Atlus, I will play Devil Survivor, and God knows how good this one might get to be