Recipes from around the globe.

ChrisP.Lettuce

Jan 3, 2008
Good morning fine sirs and sirsettes.

My sister and I have purchased a house and have been living together for about one year now. Everything seems to go OK, we each have our own floors to fiddle around on. The only rooms we share are the basement and the kitchen. Oh the kitchen, a point of contention between us, ruining many a happy nights with sibling violence.

So I have come crashing into my problem which I probably made a bad introduction for. I am trying to keep in shape and lose a few of my winter pounds, and so I have been eating much healthier in the past month or so. The catch being I am running out of good healthy recipes and have been repeating myself into utter boredom and I am afraid I might descend back into pizza and pop town. I know about ten solid recipes but I am running out of ideas, so I am wondering if the worldly escapist might help me out. Any good and healthy but somewhat foreign meal recipes that people can link or post? I am looking for some new and improved ones rather than (White meat) + (green vegetable) + (small amount of random grain).

PurpleRain

Dec 2, 2007
Lets have a look at a few Australian recipes.

-Vegmite on toast. Always good for brekkie.

-Beer. Taken morning, noon and night.

-Snags on the barbie. Chuck a few sauceages on the BBQ. Cook 'till brown. Poke it to let the juices flow through.

-Damper. Flour and water. Cook 'till it ressembles some kind of bread like state. Add honey or jam.

-Beer. Again just for good messures.

Hey Joe

Dec 23, 2007
What about beerflakes?

I cup of cornflakes in a bowl, one can of beer poured over them. Bon appetite!

Beerflakes, breakfast of champions!

Colodomoko

Feb 22, 2008
This is good.

Get a big bowl

10 cups of flour,

however much pepper ya have,

and a ton of hot sauce.

mix it all together than put it in the mic for 1 minute.

( !!!warning!!! must be handled with alot of care )

G30ffnet

Apr 25, 2007
Here is a good German/Austrian recipe. It's called Knoedel, and is basically a bread (or potato) dumpling that goes with most everything.
-Take one loaf of stale (not moldy) or toasted bread and tear it into smallish pieces. Put it in a big bowl and mix with flour eggs and milk until the mixture has a doughy texture.
-Sautee one onion of the colour of your choice.
-Add the onion and whatever seasonings you desire.
-Make the dough into balls of whatever size suits you and boil for 10-15 minutes in very salted water. (make sure to use a lot of salt in the water, otherwise the knoedel might not come out as solid as you would like.)
-Remove from the water and enjoy with soup, meat, or on their own.

You can also make desert versions by removing the onion and adding sweet stuff instead. Or add cheese to the center of the balls to give them some extra flavor.

Shamtee

Jan 23, 2008
You can have my diet, its mainly student food :3

*Bean on toast
*tuna and sweetcorn on jacket potato (can add mayo if you want)
*fish fingure sandwich
*Apples, graphs and carrots for snacks
*pouched egg on toast
*chesse on jacket potato (put potato in microwave for quick result)
- you can also mix though stuff up ie tuna sandwich

The Reverend

Jan 28, 2008
Pfft dieting is for chumps! Everything is moderation is the key. 3 meals a day, every 4 hours (no snacking!) and only eat between 6am and 6pm. The weight will fly off.

Sinharvest

Nov 9, 2007
Venison is very good for you it has virtually no fat and is super tasty when made into sausage and put into a jambalaya.

Sinharvest

Nov 9, 2007
Yes hes right moderation is key. Mix it up as much as you can. Remember the darker leaf greens are best for you(spinach). Also fish and chicken are better for you than red meat.
Yogurt is a very good snack to eat because your body needs those culturs found in it that most people dont realize.

ChrisP.Lettuce

Jan 3, 2008
The Reverend said:
Pfft dieting is for chumps! Everything is moderation is the key. 3 meals a day, every 4 hours (no snacking!) and only eat between 6am and 6pm. The weight will fly off.
Who said anything about dieting? I'm just eating healthier. Thanks for the people with constructive posts, all two of you! The dumpling thingies look interesting.

DreamerM

Feb 28, 2008
Here's a tasty Pasta recipe: I won't mention the name because I can't spell it, but it's YUMMY!

What it takes:

Spaghetti, or similar pasta.

An Onion

Two or three pieces of bacon.

two eggs.

As much Parmesan cheese as you can get your hands on.

put the Pasta on to boil while you do the rest of the stuff.

Cut up the bacon into smaller bits. Dice the Onion. Add both to a frying pan and let them cook.

When they're almost-just-before-done (don't overcook them) remove them from the heat. Wait for the noodles to be done.

Add the noodles to the frying pan with the bacon and the onion (turn the heat back on). Then break and add both eggs. Smother the whole thing with parmesan while mixing like crazy.

Once the cheese has melted and the mass hangs together with much sticky enthusiasm, it's ready to eat.

It's filling too: one plate will usually fill up even the hungriest appetite.

Try it! It's yum!

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Simple, tasty, cheap -

White Beans with Tomatoes and Sage

Into the pot goes 1/2 cup olive oil, three cloves of minced garlic, and a tablespoon of sage (preferably fresh, but not manditory)

Simmer garlic and sage in oil for a minute or two.

Add a can of white beans, a can of diced tomatoes, and a tablespoon of tomato paste. Simmer and stir until the olive oil is all stirred in, not floating on the surface.

Salt and pepper to taste.

Think of it as Italian chili. Serve with salad and bread or pasta.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
Coming to this forum for cooking advice is about as productive as coming to this forum for medical advice. I used to be a cook in a restaurant and I worked in the gourmet and natural food industry for 6-7 years. I can throw as many recipes at you as you want if you give me some parameters.

Right now I'm eating Malaysian Pineapple Curry, which is delicious but a bit of a hassle.

mshcherbatskaya

Feb 1, 2008
DreamerM said:
Here's a tasty Pasta recipe: I won't mention the name because I can't spell it, but it's YUMMY!!
DreamerM is right. It's pasta carbonara and it's an orgasm on a plate. Splurge on the fancy parmesan, though. You can really taste the difference.