Recommend a drug abuse movie

Ando85

Apr 27, 2011
I always find drug movies to be fairly entertaining. Off the top of my head I can list those that I have already seen.

Requiem for a Dream
Trainspotting
Blow
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I know there is countless marijuana based comedy movies like Half Baked and Friday, but looking for something harder and more serious.

Zavage

Aug 30, 2009
Can't get much harder or more serious than Requiem for a Dream... I mean, listen to that music without shuddering, I dare you.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Candy. I didn't like it but it's supposed to be good.

EDIT: It's about cocaine I think. I'm not sure. I don't know enough about drugs.

Bonus Round EDIT: Apparently the book is a fuck tonne more.... brutal, real[footnote] I didn't read the book so this is all hear say, as I said, the film was not to my liking.[/footnote]. Less sugar coated. But yeah, I didn't really like it, but an ex loved it. She's into a stack of drug related media.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Human Traffic maybe, it's about a bunch of pill heads.

Zavage said:
Can't get much harder or more serious than Requiem for a Dream... I mean, listen to that music without shuddering, I dare you.
Oh, absolutely. I hate that movie, it's so well-done. If you get what I mean.

Seki

Dec 22, 2009
Spun is a pretty decent one about meth, or "A scanner darkly" for your crazy trippy psyc take on hallucinogens

.No.

Dec 29, 2010
Breaking Bad's a good show about drugs. Their's quite a few people with addictions, so it does count.

Tohuvabohu

Not entirely serious, maybe.
Mar 24, 2011
A Scanner Darkly might be worth a look. It's got a lot to do with drugs but it has a bit more of a mind-bending surreal plot overall.

I've yet to read the book though, but the movie was pretty memorable.

Griffolion

Elite Member
Aug 18, 2009
I think Baise-moi has some drug themed stuff in there, but it's mostly about the darker side of human nature in general.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
StBishop said:
Candy. I didn't like it but it's supposed to be good.

EDIT: It's about cocaine I think. I'm not sure. I don't know enough about drugs.

Bonus Round EDIT: Apparently the book is a fuck tonne more.... brutal, real[footnote] I didn't read the book so this is all hear say, as I said, the film was not to my liking.[/footnote]. Less sugar coated. But yeah, I didn't really like it, but an ex loved it. She's into a stack of drug related media.
(the one with heath ledger right?)

awwww here I was thinking I was going to be all original and suggest somthing somones handt already thourght of

anyway from the very little I saw I thourght it was heroin....eh I dont know anything about drugs eather

Zeema

The Furry Gamer
Jun 29, 2010
Interstate 60

BEST MOVIE EVER IMO

theres this big part about Drugs and its really interesting

Smokej

Nov 22, 2010
30's cartoons are a good choice if you're looking for something while tripping yourself ;)