Recommend Me a Bad Anime

AlexanderPeregrine

New member
Nov 19, 2009
150
0
0
I can't say I've seen too much completely terrible anime simply because I don't watch a whole lot and what I do is generally well-liked, but here are two I found really terrible:

Arcade Gamer Fubuki [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Manga/ArcadeGamerFubuki]: This one doesn't even have a Wikipedia article, so you know it's quality. The premise is that Fubuki is a standard shy, naive teenage girl that calls upon ungodly video game skills through a magical pair of panties. When she does this, she levitates upside down and flashes everybody. It manages to be simultaneously lowbrow, unimaginative, obnoxious, and just plain unfunny.

Puni Puni Poemy [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puni_Puni_Poemy]: I know this is a spinoff of Excel Saga and therefore has Shinichi Watanabe's cult following, but I found it headache inducing. It's one of those bizarre, over the top things similar to Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt and Invader Zim (both of which I like better) where if you don't fit the vague mental state it's targeted towards, it's just excruciating. I will give it credit that out of all the dozens of jokes per minute I didn't find funny, there's one moment where I couldn't stop laughing for a few minutes (forgive the dub).

 

Mr.Squishy

New member
Apr 14, 2009
1,990
0
0
Love Hina
It's everything that's wrong with Harem anime rolled into one. Painfully unfunny, no actual tension as to who the guy will end up with (it's telegraphed from way early on that it's the worst of the chicks), characters with one-note personalities and just a ton of cliches scattered around.
 

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
5,462
0
0
[Kira Must Die said:
I really think this is impossible cuz you have a high tolerance of things that many people think bad about

And you practically have watched the majority of what people are recommending
 

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
2,537
0
0
Marik2 said:
[quote="[Kira Must Die]snip
I really think this is impossible cuz you have a high tolerance of things that many people think bad about

And you practically have watched the majority of what people are recommending[/quote]Not everything, of what people mentioned so far I haven't seen:

Hell Target
Jibaku-kun
Asobi ni Iku Yo
Ultimate Teacher
Geno Cyber
Reign
Bible Black
Urda
Queen's Blade
To love ru
Master of Martial Hearts
Popotan
Wolverine
Colorful
Stratos 4
Fractale
Un-go
Seikon no Qwaser
Arcade Gamer Fubuki
Puni Puni Poemy
Love Hina

And I do have a high tolerance for this kinda stuff, don't I? Which I guess is why I've seen to many shows I liked. Even stuff most people consider bad I'll at least find something about it that was worth viewing (Unless that anime is Eiken in which there's no reason for that to exist)Either way, I am interested in what you people consider to be terrible.
 

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
5,462
0
0
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Marik2 said:
[quote="[Kira Must Die]snip
I really think this is impossible cuz you have a high tolerance of things that many people think bad about

And you practically have watched the majority of what people are recommending
Not everything, of what people mentioned so far I haven't seen:

Hell Target
Jibaku-kun
Asobi ni Iku Yo
Ultimate Teacher
Geno Cyber
Reign
Bible Black
Urda
Queen's Blade
To love ru
Master of Martial Hearts
Popotan
Wolverine
Colorful
Stratos 4
Fractale
Un-go
Seikon no Qwaser
Arcade Gamer Fubuki
Puni Puni Poemy
Love Hina[/quote]
Thought you have seen most of those(like queens blade and seikon no qwaser0

and thought you werent interested in a ecchi anime
 

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
2,537
0
0
Marik2 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Marik2 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
I really think this is impossible cuz you have a high tolerance of things that many people think bad about

And you practically have watched the majority of what people are recommending
Not everything, of what people mentioned so far I haven]
Thought you have seen most of those(like queens blade and seikon no qwaser0

and thought you werent interested in a ecchi anime
I didn't say that. Sure, ecchi is among my least favorite anime subgenres (although there are a few I like), but in this case I'll take whatever.
 

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
5,462
0
0
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Marik2 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
Marik2 said:
[Kira Must Die said:
I really think this is impossible cuz you have a high tolerance of things that many people think bad about

And you practically have watched the majority of what people are recommending
Not everything, of what people mentioned so far I haven]
Thought you have seen most of those(like queens blade and seikon no qwaser0

and thought you werent interested in a ecchi anime
I didn't say that. Sure, ecchi is among my least favorite anime subgenres (although there are a few I like), but in this case I'll take whatever.
Judging from that list, I'm willing to bet you're not going to find them terrible or offensive.

You will most likely say it was average or bland, but not terrible.
 

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
3,378
0
0
[Kira Must Die said:
]
UncleUlty said:
Kampfer for it's really odd hate of lesbians and the fact that the ending blue balls you so hard they'll fall off. Also it pulls a bait and switch going from a battel show to a ecchi harem show.

Houkago no Pleiades is what you get hen you let a car company sponsor your terrible magic girl show.

Un-go a show that thinks it's really smart but isn't. Also I know this is weird compliant but the show just has no soul. The voice cast phones it in,no one is interesting and it feels lifeless.
I've already said I've seen Kampfer. It sucked. It sounds cool, like a cross between Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, and Team Fortress 2, but it rarely ever brings up the plot, and instead focuses on lame, awkward ecchi situations. Also, the main character's a moron.

Houkago no Pleiades isn't terrible, just... kinda nothing, really. It doesn't leave much of an impression, really.

Good to know I was of no help at all.
 

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
2,537
0
0
UncleUlty said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
UncleUlty said:
Kampfer for it's really odd hate of lesbians and the fact that the ending blue balls you so hard they'll fall off. Also it pulls a bait and switch going from a battel show to a ecchi harem show.

Houkago no Pleiades is what you get hen you let a car company sponsor your terrible magic girl show.

Un-go a show that thinks it's really smart but isn't. Also I know this is weird compliant but the show just has no soul. The voice cast phones it in,no one is interesting and it feels lifeless.
I've already said I've seen Kampfer. It sucked. It sounds cool, like a cross between Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, and Team Fortress 2, but it rarely ever brings up the plot, and instead focuses on lame, awkward ecchi situations. Also, the main character's a moron.

Houkago no Pleiades isn't terrible, just... kinda nothing, really. It doesn't leave much of an impression, really.

Good to know I was of no help at all.
Sorry if I made you (and maybe some others here) feel useless. I haven't seen Un-go, if that makes you feel any better. I admit I may be being a little inconsiderate.

I'm posting too much, I'm just gonna stop now and let the thread play out on its own.
 

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
2,581
0
0
Little Woodsman said:
Ultimate Teacher.
It's a one-shot OVA (Thank goodness there was only one....)
Not sure where you'd find it since it's from the days of VHS and I'm pretty sure no-one has been motivated to bring it to DVD....
Basic premise
A genetically engineered cockroach man escapes from a laboratory. For some reason he ends up taking jobs as a teacher to delinquent students and beating them in to submission. At the most recent school he has come to, he is opposed by the leader of the rebellious youths...a female punk who's strength comes from wearing gym shorts under her normal clothes rather than regular underwear (seriously...I couldn't make this up if I tried, and was tripping on acid....) As his confrontations with the girl continue to escalate, a scientist who has been pursuing him overtakes him in time for the climactic three-way battle.
I remember seeing this on Anime Abandon and immediately running to rent the thing. It's awful, it's batshit insane, and it involves Scott McNeil trying his absolute hardest to sound like an absolute fucking psychopath.

In other words, I had to see this. I just had to.

As for the recommendations, I'll pitch Mad Bull 34 in. You've got a Japanese-American cop with the thickest "New YAWK" accent ever, John "Sleepy" Estes who stands in as the titular Mad Bull, and so much wanton ultraviolence perpetrated against scantily clad women it stops being entertaining about five seconds in and descends into self-congratulatory smut.

Oh, and Estes has a bundle of hand grenades hanging from his pubes. Yes.

They only dubbed a few episodes, at which point any hopes of getting the full thing translated went down the crapper - with good reason.

Also, yeah, Japan? Do your research and stop fapping. A Japanese immigrant of only a few weeks can't just magically enroll in the local police precinct, and a guy called Daizaburo Ban wouldn't sound like a Brooklyn native if he wasn't born there.
 

WouldYouKindly

New member
Apr 17, 2011
1,431
0
0
Highschool of the Dead comes to mind. Beautiful visuals, but a very basic zombie story heaped with more fanservice than I care to reference. It was no surprise to me to learn that the creator made this after drawing porn for the most part. This is balanced by moments of ridiculous gore(zombies remember). It's kind of like your standard harem genre fluff with zombies and even bigger bouncier boobs. So better, but still not really able to be considered good. There's actually some decent character development if you care to look for it. Honestly, if it weren't for the immense dedication to fanservice, I'd consider this a pretty decent anime. And I know I'm not the first, but it really does bear repeating.

Girls und Panzer. I can't say it's bad, but I can say it wasn't the characters or story really that kept me watching, it was the action coupled with the ridiculousness of high school girls driving tanks. It's a show that both takes itself seriously but is utterly absurd the next minute. Oh, and the dialogue is delightfully cliched... and if you find a fansub, hope you can read German.
 

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
3,378
0
0
[Kira Must Die said:
]
UncleUlty said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]
UncleUlty said:
Kampfer for it's really odd hate of lesbians and the fact that the ending blue balls you so hard they'll fall off. Also it pulls a bait and switch going from a battel show to a ecchi harem show.

Houkago no Pleiades is what you get hen you let a car company sponsor your terrible magic girl show.

Un-go a show that thinks it's really smart but isn't. Also I know this is weird compliant but the show just has no soul. The voice cast phones it in,no one is interesting and it feels lifeless.
I've already said I've seen Kampfer. It sucked. It sounds cool, like a cross between Sailor Moon, Ranma 1/2, and Team Fortress 2, but it rarely ever brings up the plot, and instead focuses on lame, awkward ecchi situations. Also, the main character's a moron.

Houkago no Pleiades isn't terrible, just... kinda nothing, really. It doesn't leave much of an impression, really.

Good to know I was of no help at all.
Sorry if I made you (and maybe some others here) feel useless. I haven't seen Un-go, if that makes you feel any better. I admit I may be being a little inconsiderate.

I'm posting too much, I'm just gonna stop now and let the thread play out on its own.

Eh I was joking anyway,no offense taken.
 
Sep 30, 2010
551
0
0
DarkRyter said:
You should try Guilty Crown.

It's beautifully animated, with a god tier soundtrack, supported by a dream team of a production crew.

But goddammit, I can't bring myself to give the slightest shit about any of these fuckers.
I actually really enjoyed Guilty Crown despite its faults. Shu can be kind of grating for a lot of it but eventually he has some major changes to his character that made it instantly more watchable for me. I'll admit a lot of the characters were kind of awful but I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish.
Rikun said:
Master of the Martial Hearts:
One of the meanest spirited panty fighters you'll ever come across. Not only are the characters horribly one dimensional fetish stereotypes, but the final episode twist comes out of nowhere AND makes you feel like a horrible person for enjoying panty fighters. And even if you don't give a flying feather about any of the characters, the ending result is rather fucked up beyond belief.
This was my immediate thought. I like to watch single episodes with friends because we almost always end up on the floor laughing and gasping for air. Regardless of your preference between subs and dubs this one needs to be watched dubbed for full comedic effect.
 

TehCookie

New member
Sep 16, 2008
3,919
0
0
DarklordKyo said:
TehCookie said:
Boku no pico, Kuroshitsuji, any tsundere Rie anime, and generic harem (Ichiban Ushiro Daimaou, Hagare Yuusha, Highschool DxD) Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de, Zetman, Supernatural (and yes it's based on the western show). Possibly Legend of the Galactic heroes I found it so bad it's good.

If you want one where the ending makes you rage, Usagi Drop. I have never raged more at an ending than that. The anime only covers half of the manga. There's a timeskip and this is the actual ending.

If you didn't bother to watch the anime before clicking on this, that's his adopted daughter. He's fucking his daughter.

If you're looking for simple entertainment rather than bad I can list those too.
It doesn't justify it at all, but she's actually his aunt, he just takes care of her.
I'm pretty sure kids still need a legal guardian in Japan even if it's their older nephew.
Besides you're wrong, they're not blood related. She was adopted by Daikichi's grandpa, he didn't make her.
 

JamesStone

If it ain't broken, get to work
Jun 9, 2010
888
0
0
ICE.

Please do watch ICE. Maybe you can explain me what the fuck was supposed to be going on in that.
 

ZehMadScientist

New member
Oct 29, 2010
1,806
0
0
People defending Guilty Crown in this thread amuses me :p

I have seen quite a few atrocious shows. They are a ton of fun to watch with a group, kinda like watching a 70's horror film and laughing at the ketchup that gushes out of severed limbs. I mostly get my 'bad' anime fix from right here [http://thecartdriver.com/ranking-the-terribad/].

Enjoy the terribad!
 

SuperSuperSuperGuy

New member
Jun 19, 2010
1,200
0
0
I despised Chaos;Head. It starts off kinda cool, but just gets really dumb. It's not hilariously bad, it's just bad. I find it really funny that Steins;Gate, its successor, is my favourite anime ever.

Okay, so the way it starts out makes it seem like one of those cool, paranoia-filled horror series. However, they really don't do anything with that, and after they introduce Di-Swords, as they call them, it begins spouting a whole bunch of stupid sciencey-sounding bull and the story becomes predicable and trite. The characters are cliche and two-dimensional, for the most part. The animation and music aren't very good, as well. There's no humour, either. There's some action and a little drama, but they're ineffective and boring.
 

DarklordKyo

New member
Nov 22, 2009
1,797
0
0
TehCookie said:
DarklordKyo said:
TehCookie said:
Boku no pico, Kuroshitsuji, any tsundere Rie anime, and generic harem (Ichiban Ushiro Daimaou, Hagare Yuusha, Highschool DxD) Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de, Zetman, Supernatural (and yes it's based on the western show). Possibly Legend of the Galactic heroes I found it so bad it's good.

If you want one where the ending makes you rage, Usagi Drop. I have never raged more at an ending than that. The anime only covers half of the manga. There's a timeskip and this is the actual ending.

If you didn't bother to watch the anime before clicking on this, that's his adopted daughter. He's fucking his daughter.

If you're looking for simple entertainment rather than bad I can list those too.
It doesn't justify it at all, but she's actually his aunt, he just takes care of her.
I'm pretty sure kids still need a legal guardian in Japan even if it's their older nephew.
Besides you're wrong, they're not blood related. She was adopted by Daikichi's grandpa, he didn't make her.
I know, but, adopted or not, an aunt is an aunt.
 

Mr. Mortiss

New member
May 24, 2010
168
0
0
How has Green Green not made this list? This one is stupid, so stupid, it's about an all girls school going to the forest to visit an all boys school for a week, there's only one good character in it and he only gets like three lines worth of screen time. The rest of it is perverted morons and general stupidity.