Recommend me a F2P MMORPG

SquirrelPants

Dec 22, 2008
Dungeons and Dragons Online is cool. If you're willing to pay just once and then never pay for it again, Guild Wars and its expansions are great. Other than that, most of them really aren't that great. I can think of a few that are good, but they've been mentioned.

Xandus117 said:
Kingdom of Loathing.

IT IS AWESOME ON SO MANY LEVELS.

It's also the only RPG where you get to play as a Pasta Mage who fights Demon Seals in a Pokemon Temple with Dual Fire Pistols.
Wait, why would you arm a Pastamancer with ranged weapons? Why not go with a staff of some sort that increases your spell power?

Bloody Crimson

Sep 3, 2009
Ithae said:
The rules, recommend me a F2P MMORPG.

If I like it, you get a cookie.
The two I have installed [though I haven't played them in a while] are:
Grand Chase, which is a side-scrolly-platformy-thingy. You start out with three characters, all female, and as you progress you get more/better clothes [which obviously makes your stats better]. It's pretty addicting.
And Dungeon Fighter Online. It's basically like Guilty Gear Judgement if you've played it. If not, it's basically a 2-D side-scroller with decent graphics and a good variety of characters to choose from, being 1.Fighter[female], 2.Gunner[male], 3.Mage[female], 4.Slasher[or something like that. male], 5.Priest[male]
Try those out.

MimsySnark

Cat's Meow
Jan 18, 2010
Weird to see this thread here, because I just logged on to ask a similar question. Yay! I think I'm going to download Kingdom of Loathing now! Thanks for the thread ithae!

A Playful Shark

May 26, 2009
The thing about free mmo's is that they lack polish.
They're clunky and hard to control.

I've played a lot and my advice is to not even bother.

Also, there's no such thing as a "free mmo"
Eventually you'll have to buy something from the cash shop unless you like getting owned by high level monsters/players or if you like taking days upon days to level

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that nearly all f2p mmos have an anime art style. This is a problem for me personally.