Recommend me a F2P MMORPG

Ithae

Jan 14, 2010
The rules, recommend me a F2P MMORPG.

If I like it, you get a cookie.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Champions Online has unlimited free trial, but it really sucks since you can never leave the tutorial area and you can never get more powers than the two you start with unless you buy the game or get a referral.

Eh, I dunno. I don't really play any MMOs.

Mad World

Legacy
Sep 18, 2009
Country
Canada
I enjoyed Dream of Mirror Online.

It's a cel-shaded MMORPG, and it's pretty fun (for a free MMO).

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
I played Mabinogi for awhile with some friends. It's not half bad especially since they made a lot more of it free. I don't play it much anymore do to a real lack of free time though.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
Dream of Mirror Online, Mabinogi, Dungeons & Dragons Online, Soul of the Ultimate Nation, Sword of the New World: Granados Espada, or Guild Wars.

These are all very very good games.

Layz92

May 4, 2009
Cabal Online or Requiem: Bloodymare arn't too bad. Kingdom of Loathing all the way though.

WillSimplyBe

Mar 16, 2009
A Random Reader said:
http://www.gameogre.com/freemmorpgs.htm
/thread
definitely not /thread. He was looking for some GOOD free MMOs, not just a list of many with a vague description.

Personally, i really would recommend Mabinogi, Soul of the Ultimate Nation, Sword of the New World, or guildwars if you were okay with buying the disk(one time purchase, no subscription fee ever.)

Mabinogi is an MMO that mixes Dungeon delving with mechanics of something like harvest moon, leading to a one of a kind experience. The combat is also really pretty good, as you control every strike, every dodge, every block, and every counterattack when in the thick of things, making combat actually challenging.

Soul of the Ultimate Nation has very quick and impressive-looking combat. Not groundbreaking, but very solid system of doing things.

Sword of the New World has a very different setting from most MMOs, choosing to take place in a sort of fantastic otherworldly colonization of a continent from across the sea. You take control of an adventuring family, and get to use 3 characters from your family at any one time. This game also throws armies of enemies at you at any one time, so you really might fight over 100 foes in just one room.

Lastly, Guildwars is great because of the story, the ability to recruit special characters for your party, instanced maps, and the guild system of course. but I'd be ignoring the elephant in the room if I didn't mention it's PvP system. It is without a doubt the best PvP I've played in an MMO, and I've played a lot.

Ithae

Jan 14, 2010
WillSimplyBe said:
A Random Reader said:
http://www.gameogre.com/freemmorpgs.htm
/thread
definitely not /thread. He was looking for some GOOD free MMOs, not just a list of many with a vague description.

Personally, i really would recommend Mabinogi, Soul of the Ultimate Nation, Sword of the New World, or guildwars if you were okay with buying the disk(one time purchase, no subscription fee ever.)

Mabinogi is an MMO that mixes Dungeon delving with mechanics of something like harvest moon, leading to a one of a kind experience. The combat is also really pretty good, as you control every strike, every dodge, every block, and every counterattack when in the thick of things, making combat actually challenging.

Soul of the Ultimate Nation has very quick and impressive-looking combat. Not groundbreaking, but very solid system of doing things.

Sword of the New World has a very different setting from most MMOs, choosing to take place in a sort of fantastic otherworldly colonization of a continent from across the sea. You take control of an adventuring family, and get to use 3 characters from your family at any one time. This game also throws armies of enemies at you at any one time, so you really might fight over 100 foes in just one room.

Lastly, Guildwars is great because of the story, the ability to recruit special characters for your party, instanced maps, and the guild system of course. but I'd be ignoring the elephant in the room if I didn't mention it's PvP system. It is without a doubt the best PvP I've played in an MMO, and I've played a lot.
Soul of Ultimate Nation is sometihng I'm looking into.

I got 3 characters level 20 peeps in Guild Wars, love that game.

Soulgaunt

Jan 14, 2009
MAPLESTORY!
Or not....Although really, it would help if you described what type of MMO you'd want to play.

Ithae

Jan 14, 2010
Hey guys I'm downloading Soul of the Ultimate Nation. Lets see if WillSimplyBe gets a cookie.

ArcWinter

May 9, 2009
Dungeons & Dragons Online if you like dragons, KoL if you enjoy humor, Improbable Island if you are an intellectual.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
I think I'm the only person who knows 2moons exists...
It's ok if you like grind.