Recommend me a good Yu-gi-oh game?

Misterian

Elite Member
Oct 3, 2009
Country
United States
I've been on a Yu-gi-oh kick lately and I know the series has had alot of video games over the years, so can you recommend me some good games from that franchise?

Here's what I'm looking for, simply a Yugioh video game with a fun single-player campaign that involves playing Duel Monsters and allows you to play with all the classic cards (in other words, games that don't remove cards that have been labeled "limited" or "forbidden" from the original series and duel with most of the characters from the original series. The game in question must also be designed with a proper understanding of the rules in mind (looking at you, Sacred Cards!). Also, the ability to play the Egyptian God cards is a desired, but purely optional feature.

My systems include a Wii-U, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, a 3DS, and a GBA emulator. So recommend me any games playable on those systems that you think best fit the above criteria.

To give you an understand on my tastes, the first and best Yugioh game I played was Eternal Duelist Soul. My least favorite so far is Sacred Cards (neat concept I wish was executed better, but I noticed the game has a bizarrely loose understanding of the rules of Duel Monsters, seriously how the heck can Last Warrior die to the freaking Magician of Faith?!)

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Despite watching the show, I am not a Yu-Gi-Oh expert. So far the best game I've seen is the one that got released to PC and switch a couple of years ago.