Recommend me and my boyfriend a good coop shooter

colddeck64

Oct 14, 2010
I dont know if anyone mentioned it or not, but Resident Evil 5 Co-op is outstanding! I hated it single player but with a friend it is amazing!

colddeck64

Oct 14, 2010
I dont know if anyone mentioned it or not, but Resident Evil 5 Co-op is outstanding! I hated it single player but with a friend it is amazing!

deathbydeath

Jun 28, 2010
shank, if you like kill bill and samurai jack (and it's local only, i think)

disclaimer: i haven't played the co-op yet, but based on the sp, it's very, very satisfyingly violent/fun

Snowblindblitz

Apr 30, 2011
I'm putting a vote for RE:5 (had a blast with my wife)

And Killing FLoor and L4D. It's not a shooter, but Magicka, has said earlier, is great.

Also, that PayDay: The Heist, does that have local co-op? I'm interested myself now...

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2 is a terrible Rainbow Six game but probably the best cover based shooter available on PC. The second game has significant improvements over the first and really good co-op/multiplayer. Don't worry about missing the story by playing the second part of what is essentially a two-part game the story makes no sense anyway.

Another cheap option would be Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, unfortunately it isn't a shooter, but the stealth co-op is a lot of intense sneaky fun. The peak of the Splinter Cell games. If you can get a spies versus mercenaries game going it gets even better.

Both available on Steam.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Try going to the arcade? I enjoyed myself very much there. Or you can try HL2 coop mod that's available on Steam.

You can try versus games as well like Melty Blood

EDIT: Sorry, forgot Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising and Red River. But RR needs a EA account so you may want to skip that...

Zen Toombs

Nov 7, 2011
gmergurl said:
I would recommend Left for Dead 1 & 2, Portal 2, and Splinter Cell Conviction. They should all be available on either the computer or PS3, but I neither personally use Steam or have a PS3.

Wayneguard

Jun 12, 2010
Not really a "shooter", per se, but great nonetheless... Dead Island. The game was made for coop. Four classes, large skill trees, 50 levels, plenty of fun to be had.

Lev The Red

Aug 5, 2011
Left 4 Dead (1 or 2) or Portal 2 are probably the biggest, non-CoDish games on Steam. they are cheap and can even be bought in a bundle of 2 for even less.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
AHH!!! Me, Me!

Do Splinter Cell Conviction. The game is way too easy, so limit yourself by not using the x-ray vision thing, and the mark and execute. Makes for fun time.

Slash Dementia

Apr 6, 2009
Another vote for the Left 4 Dead games.

I'd also say Kane and Lynch, but I've only played the demo to the first game. It was pretty decent.

The Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter games aren't too bad at all. I remember playing them a lot with my brother.

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Resident Evil 5 is a decent co-op shooter, however it's third person, not first person. I can't really think of any others, to be perfectly honest. :/ If you enjoy action games, there's always an option of Lord of the Rings: War in the North. It's not exactly a shooter but I find it to be a rather good game.

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 for PC, as well as Portal 2.
For PS3, House of the Dead Overkill if you have move.

uzo

Jul 5, 2011
The sad thing is, only 6 months ago or so we'd all be saying 'L4D is great, but hold off on buying it because Dead Island will be out soon and it looks AMAZING' .... :(

Conza

Nov 7, 2010
Will none of these do?

gmergurl said:
Again, depends on what platform and what genre, but as a girl, this is what I enjoy playing with my Beau.

Dungeon Defenders, as it's been mentioned plenty of times. To me the perfect combo has been a squire/wizard or wizard/monk combo, still haven't been able to work in the huntress yet :/ but finals have kinda gotten in the way to. It's a great little tower defense and can introduce her to that genre very nicely (I've honestly been looking for other titles to play with my bf in this genre although I've tried to steer clear before).

Borderlands can be fun, but I don't know about as a newbie. I basically learned how to play fps on the pc with Borderlands and at first, that wasn't very fun, for me or for my bf, and I'd been playing fps for a while on the ps3 at this point (well okay, a few months). I'm sure you can figure out which combos would work best for you, but by the end we were kickin' it with a Lilian/Mordecai combo :)

Army of Two on the ps3. Now the 2nd one wasn't nearly as much fun, but we've played through the first one a bit and that's how I learned to play 3ps. Granted before this I'd avoided shooters like the plague so I sucked, but it was forgiving enough on easy that my bf could basically carry us through the whole thing. It wasn't until the end when I finally got a grip on things that I was actually of any use lmao.

Resistance: Fall of Man. The first one, we still haven't beaten due to circumstances, but honestly, we've been itching to play for a while. To us, it's a great hilarious co-op experience as we've been trying to go through it, especially with me so new to shooters.

Dynasty Warriors 7. Okay, no clue how this is in two player mode, but I've enjoyed it, there's enough customization that it soothes my RPG itch (which is a huge itch to me) and still has a general beat 'em up. Although it's completely superficial, it's also nice to see those KO counts sky rocket, and for a newbie, even a girl, it's a pretty good feeling :x.

Assassin's Creed. This one is a bit of a stretch, especially since it's single player, but honestly, I've enjoyed watching my bf play it, I thoroughly loved the story line. Now, it does get a tad repetitive, so like I said, it's a stretch, but it can also introduce her to other types of games.

DA:O. Play together, create a character and allow her to help design him/her and role play. Make sure one of you is decisive though. This is how my bf introduced me to DA:O and we hardly got anywhere because he didn't want to mess up "my character" but I didn't want to screw up "his character" lol.

Either way, try picking a game you both will enjoy, and remember to stay open. If she's not feeling a game, don't try to force her to continue, ask her for her input and ask her for her opinions. It's the companionship that makes co-op awesome, especially for couples. Have fun ;)

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
Team Fortress 2! whats a better couple pairing than a Heavy and a Medic?

djAMPnz

Dec 21, 2011
If you haven't got them already, the expansions to Borderlands are extremely fun as well.
Too bad you don't have a 360, the Gears of Wars series is awesome as a co-op game.
Also, Kane and Lynch (both of em) were pretty fun as co-op games.