Recommend me and my boyfriend a good coop shooter

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
What the hell do you have against those poor innocent chickens?! LEAVE THEM ALONE

Adamc-mh

Jun 6, 2010
I know you said shooter but you should really check out Rayman Origins best co-op platformer I've played in a while

Galletea

Inexplicably Awesome
Sep 27, 2008
We have the same problem, we're about out of options now.
Left4Dead is fun but somewhat short lived, it does get boring quickly, since it's only like half a game.
Resident evil 5 is much more playable in co-op.

There are a few cheaper, silly games like Earth Defence Force which is fun for a bit, don't know if that was multi format or not though.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
gmergurl said:
Two things:
1. No CoD or MW please.
2. We only have pc (Steam) and PS3 available to us.

So my boyfriend and I have come to a bit of standstill with shooters to play together. We've played Borderlands (loved it), Resistance: Fall of Man (loved it in the beginning, then came back and not so much love), Army of Two (loved the first one, the second not so much). We own Pay Day: The Heist, but I haven't downloaded it just yet... doing that tonight actually.

We really enjoy playing games together, but we've kinda beaten every coop game we have, to the point we're even making single player games co-op but that's a bit less fun. Anything that's not really repetitive would be awesome (of course it's shooters so I don't expect much). We are college kids, so anything cheap(er) would be greatly appreciated. :)

We already have Dungeon Defenders so no need to recommend that either.
Not a shooter but have you played 'Tomb Raider The Last Guardian' me and my best mate had loads of fun playing that :)

Alien Swarm is also kind of fun on Steam and I know a couple who play Killing Floor together a lot. Magicka is great too. We also played Dead Island for a while but it is a little buggy and we had to use a lan to get it to work consistently.

Other people have pretty much covered the rest. Portal 2 is a must for a co op game :D

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Has no one really mentioned Halo?

Seriously, get one of the newer Halo's. Not Reach. You should probably start with Halo Anniversary, if you can find it cheap, or just jump right into Halo 3.

The Coop is a LOT of fun if you hike up the difficulty to Legendary.

Edit: Oh crap, scratch that, no xbox...

Double Edit: I'm going to have to put in another vote for Rainbow Six Vegas 2. It can be very challenging and hilarious to try to do the Terrorist Hunt missions with a friend. But I'm not sure how long you'll play the game before you want a new one.

dills2

Aug 18, 2010
dead nation is brilliant fun and if you had a ps3 before the great crash you might already have it

Rodrigo Girao

May 13, 2011
There are very few co-op shooters for the PS3. Only 1942 Joint Strike and Under Defeat come to mind... but since the PS3 can run PS1 games, there's some extra choices for you:

Darius Gaiden
DonPachi
DoDonPachi
Gradius Gaiden
Gunbird
In The Hunt
Raiden Project
Ray Storm
Sonic Wings Special
Soukyugurentai

Also, get MAME and a fullset. Tons and tons of shooters there!

debra_ beretta

Sep 8, 2010
Perfect Dark, Timesplitters and Borderlands. Me and my fella like to play co-op shooters too and I think Borderlands just owned us for about 200 hours <3

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
I'd recommend PAYDAY: The Heist, Borderlands, either of the Left 4 Dead games, Killzone 3 (haters gonna hate), or Resistance 3.
Also, Portal 2 has a fantastic coop mode if you're willing to move away from traditional shooters.

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
RAKtheUndead said:
ARMA 2: Combined Operations. Add the Advanced Combat Environment mod for extra fun.
Jesus Christ, this game. It is without a doubt the most fun I've had playing co-op in a long time.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Serious Sam: The First Encounter+Second Encounter are awesome fun, great scenery, and classics in the genre. Get the HD versions, though--only the graphics have been nicened up, nothing else. They still look a tad dated, though. SS3 is also a great one, but it's a bit less colorful/varied in the scenery and has a few less weapons (laser gun/snipers are secret weapons only, sniper only has 10 ammo max...but it does add the devastator and the mutilator). I'd probably suggest SS1 (both first and second encouters). The package deal for the two games (even the HD ones) is cheaper than SS3, I believe.

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
E.Y.E Divine cybermancy, is fun co-op and is on steam... once you get into the character building mechanics and whatnot it gets crazy addictive...

also I vote L4D or L4D2 as well... awesome games.

If you want a game to play competitively alongside your partner online I would suggest Nuclear Dawn, I've gotten more than a few good hours off that game, it gets really fun when you're co-ordinating things with someone you know really well and get some really crazy well thought out tactical stuff...

Simriel

The Count of Monte Cristo
Dec 22, 2008
Well... Chicken Hunt was pretty good, I personally enjoyed it. And Rooster Blast wasn't that bad... OOOOH you mean't a CO-OP shooter... Never mind...

DionysusSnoopy

May 9, 2009
Killzone 3 has co-op of the single player campaign. i got it for a tenner recently so if you haven't played it yet.