Recommend me low requirement pc games.

Bubble

Mar 22, 2009
So i'm staying in the countryside for summer. The only pc here is pretty old, but i need some games to play. The specs are:
Celeron(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
3.19 GHz, 512 MB of RAM.
The best games it can run are bioshock and fallout 3.
So knowing that the escapist has a community which knows a lot great, but not so well known games. So could you recommend me some? I don't like the really old ones like monkey island, but some of my favourites are:
The prince of persia trilogy
Stronghold crusader
Orange box
Mount & blade warband
Peggle/plants vs zombies
Fallout 3
GTA san andreas
Civilization 4
HOMM 3
Thief 2
and WoW/league of legends from the multiplayer side.

So anything i should try?

Lacsapix

Apr 16, 2010
all the X games are have low specs, huge worlds and many MANY hours of gameplay.
X2: the threat is my personal favorite

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
You should be able to run Thief 3.
Try Paradox Interactive, their games might tickle your fancy and they aren't demanding at all.

Mozza444

Nov 19, 2009
Roller Coaster Tycoon 3, great game if you ask me.

However not everybody's favorite..

CRRPGMykael

Mar 6, 2011
hmm,i see you've played GTA SA already,so ill suggest getting Amnesia:The Dark Descent.It's an epic horror game.You're probably not into horror games,but neither was I and I found A:TDD to be a horrific experience(ha,see what I did there?:))

Also,get Thief 2,but stay away from the 1st.If you can get the 3rd to WORK actually,try it out.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
DEFCON. A great strategy game based on Intercontinental Thermonuclear War. It's really gripping if you get into it, and also you can change the speed of the game so a match can last from 30 minutes to several hours playing "real time". There's even a mode especially designed to play secretly at work with your cubicle bound buddies.

The recommended requirements are: Windows XP, P3-600-Geforce 2, 128 Mb RAM, 60 Mb Hard Disk

If your computer doesn't have those specs then you need a new computer NOW. Also only £5.99 on Steam.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
How about Wing Commander: Privateer? It's an old space sim that pretty much gives the player free reign to do whatever they want, from being a bounty hunter to a simple merchant. I only recently discovered it, but it's lots of fun. There's literally no end to the gameplay, allowing you to play for as long as you want even after finishing the main storyline.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/wing_commander_privateer

universaltraveller

Apr 28, 2011
thenumberthirteen said:
DEFCON. A great strategy game based on Intercontinental Thermonuclear War. It's really gripping if you get into it, and also you can change the speed of the game so a match can last from 30 minutes to several hours playing "real time". There's even a mode especially designed to play secretly at work with your cubicle bound buddies.

The recommended requirements are: Windows XP, P3-600-Geforce 2, 128 Mb RAM, 60 Mb Hard Disk

If your computer doesn't have those specs then you need a new computer NOW. Also only £5.99 on Steam.
I second that motion. DEFCON is an awesome little stratagy game.

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri. Think Civilization II in space, but way better. You can customize units and have sea bases, for starters.

Starcraft I. Just about any computer these days can run that game.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
I recommend Baldur's Gate II, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires II, Warcraft III, and Divine Divinity. All great games, all old and have pretty low system req's. Also: GOG.com [http://www.gog.com/en/frontpage/]. Sells a ton of great old games with no DRM. Some truly great stuff there for dirt cheap (most games are 6 or 10 dollars US, and they are some free ones to boot). You're welcome.

Fredrikorex

Sep 25, 2009
Have you played Half-Life(1)? If not, do it.

Or you could play Super Meat Boy and/or Minecraft.

ShiningOmega

Jun 28, 2009
Since both Thief 2 and BioShock are on the list, I HIGHLY recommend System Shock 2.
Same developers as Thief 2 and BioShock, great voice acting and atmosphere, and very simple to run. My EEE netbook does just fine with it.
One thing though, you may have to pirate it, since it isn't sold on Steam.

Aside from that, all four of these are on Steam for cheap:
Deus Ex (the original)
Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Knights of the Old Republic
Braid

And then there is, of course Minecraft.

If you can run BioShock, then I guarantee all six of the above will run just fine.

kayisking

Sep 14, 2010
Bubble said:
So i'm staying in the countryside for summer. The only pc here is pretty old, but i need some games to play. The specs are:
Celeron(R) D CPU 3.20GHz
3.19 GHz, 512 MB of RAM.
The best games it can run are bioshock and fallout 3.
So knowing that the escapist has a community which knows a lot great, but not so well known games. So could you recommend me some? I don't like the really old ones like monkey island, but some of my favourites are:
The prince of persia trilogy
Stronghold crusader
Orange box
Mount & blade warband
Peggle/plants vs zombies
Fallout 3
GTA san andreas
Civilization 4
HOMM 3
Thief 2
and WoW/league of legends from the multiplayer side.

So anything i should try?
Give Frozen Synapse a spin. It's really good.
<youtube=9jJrUY27O0Y>