Recommend me some good beers.

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Beez Neez is pretty good. It's not quite mead, but it IS honey-based. Nice and sweet.

Personally, I also James Boag's Premium. It's a Tasmanian beer that's really good.

Brutal Peanut

This is so freakin aweso-BLARGH!
Oct 15, 2010
Arrogant Bastard Ale, if you like something aggressively bitter (or maybe that's just me.) I also like to just say the name. "An Arrogant Bastard here please." And then friends would go, "That's not far from the truth! Har har har!" Stupid joke, but good memories. lol

But I've recently been on a Newcastle Brown Ale kick.
And Hefeweizen beers are pretty tasty.

That's really all I've been drinking for a couple years. ^_^

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I'm a stout man myself, we get some good oyster stouts here, but you need to try Duval, I think it's Belgian, one of the best beers I've ever tried.

LongHairRocker

Jan 16, 2011
Try Duvel or some other Belgium beer because that country has some of the best beer in the world
just believe me, it's really really good.
Or Grolsch, just to be proud of my own country's beer
GROLSCH > Heineken

Miles000

is most likly drunk righyt noiw!
Apr 18, 2010
Loop Stricken said:
Whiskey.
Whiskey is a good bear. Also vodka.

[Edit: Goddamnit, I meant beer.]
Those are the best beers around.

Failing that I recommend Coronas, Hans super dry and Pure Blond.
Everything else I can think of is XXXX, and shouldn't be considered safe for human consumption.

Deus mortuus est

Apr 26, 2011
Kilkenny and Corona are two of my favorites. The first one goes best with a thick steak at the pub while the second is best enjoyed sitting in the sun, relaxing after a hard day's work.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Anything these guys make, if you can find it: http://www.boulevard.com/index.php?bypass=1

Aurgelmir

WAAAAGH!
Nov 11, 2009
Loop Stricken said:
Whiskey.
Whiskey is a good bear.[/i]

Whisky is good. Not had a lot of Whiskey yet though

On the topic of beer:

AASS Fatøl or Pils

Drink it, do not pay any atention to the names :p Its good Norwegian beer.

TheTim

Jan 23, 2010
Sam Adams, they have so many varieties, and Boston Lauger is the best i've ever had.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Hobgoblin. Newcastle Brown. Theakston's Old Peculiar.

Those three are probably my favourite beers, and they're all awesome. I haven't got the foggiest where you're located, but we've got a global market these days, so I'm sure you can find them.

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
When I wanna drink beer, I'll have me some Toohey's Extra Dry.
Mmm...
http://www.thedrinkshop.com/images/products/main/4413/4413.jpg

Definitely my favourite. :)

Jabberwocky03

Oct 17, 2008
If you have any local brewpubs, you should check them out. It's a good way to get a feel for what kind of styles you prefer since they usually have samplers. If all you've had are those two wheat beers, don't be surprised if you don't like the darker stouts or stronger IPAs right away. You may know people who are really into beer who drink stuff that tastes like turpentine to you. Don't let that make you think you're not a beer person. There's a huge variety of options out there, and probably some great local varieties in your region.

The Human Torch

Sep 12, 2010
Avoid American beers, they all taste like water used to clean dishes with.

As far as recommendations:
Palm: Excellent smooth Belgium beer that is best drunk (if possible) from the tap in a round, wet glass. If you can't get it on tap, get the bottle version, avoid the cans. Loses it's foam quite quickly, and even quicker with a 'fat' glass, so be sure to clean your glass properly.

Grolsch: A rather 'common' Dutch beer that excels in it's sharp taste. I don't know what country you are from, so I am not sure if this is available to you, but buy a genuine Grolsch in their trademark bracer bottle and drink it (cold) straight from the bottle. Not sure if it makes a real difference in taste, but it adds to the experience. If properly poured it will keep a very firm layer of foam.

Murphy's Red Beer: An Irish classic that is both smooth and full of character, with an amazingly deep red color and great aftertaste. Again, it tastes the best if straight from the tap, but the bottled version will treat your tongue just fine. Best used with a wet, fish bowl shaped glass.

Einbecker Mai-Ur Bock: A German beer that is originally brewed in a small German city called Einbeck, it's a seasonal beer, aimed at a Spring taste. It has a very light yellow color and a very white foam layer (which unfortunately goes away very fast). There are plenty of herbs used in this beer, and coriander is definitely the most present one. You would think that with all those herbs, it would be a very sharp beer, but it's actually very smooth. Can be drunk from a standard beer glass, but I prefer a straight one.

Enjoy! :D

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
The Human Torch said:
Avoid American beers, they all taste like water used to clean dishes with.

As far as recommendations:
Palm: Excellent smooth Belgium beer that is best drunk (if possible) from the tap in a round, wet glass. If you can't get it on tap, get the bottle version, avoid the cans. Loses it's foam quite quickly, and even quicker with a 'fat' glass, so be sure to clean your glass properly.

Grolsch: A rather 'common' Dutch beer that excels in it's sharp taste. I don't know what country you are from, so I am not sure if this is available to you, but buy a genuine Grolsch in their trademark bracer bottle and drink it (cold) straight from the bottle. Not sure if it makes a real difference in taste, but it adds to the experience. If properly poured it will keep a very firm layer of foam.

Murphy's Red Beer: An Irish classic that is both smooth and full of character, with an amazingly deep red color and great aftertaste. Again, it tastes the best if straight from the tap, but the bottled version will treat your tongue just fine. Best used with a wet, fish bowl shaped glass.

Einbecker Mai-Ur Bock: A German beer that is originally brewed in a small German city called Einbeck, it's a seasonal beer, aimed at a Spring taste. It has a very light yellow color and a very white foam layer (which unfortunately goes away very fast). There are plenty of herbs used in this beer, and coriander is definitely the most present one. You would think that with all those herbs, it would be a very sharp beer, but it's actually very smooth. Can be drunk from a standard beer glass, but I prefer a straight one.

Enjoy! :D
You sound like you really know your stuff.

Also, since a few of you asked, I am in the southwestern United States.

Flabbagazta

Apr 10, 2011
Jelly ^.^ said:
See if you can import this.

Carlton is Australian swillwater, lower shelf cheap piss... Best of the shit but not one to judge Australian beer on. We have an emerging hand crafted beer market here and mircobrews have been around for ages. Probably in terms of a good export I did find Coopers pale ale in Thailand and while its not our best beer it is one I drink regularly so see if you can get your hands on that