Recommend me some VR games for a non-gamer

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Hey all,

To make a long story short, I'm entertaining my grandmother over the weekend. As a part of that, I thought to show her my Oculus and get her to try it. To that end, what are some Rift compatible games that are a) easy on the stomach, b) relatively simple and c) enjoyable to play?

If anyone else has experience with introducing VR to non-gamers, please feel free to give some advice!

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Id imagine just alot of demo type games. Ya know, the kind that are just like "Ooooh, look how VR it is!" and arent really about playing a game but experiencing a thing in VR.

Porygon-2000

I have a green hat! Why?!
Jul 14, 2010
Saelune said:
Id imagine just alot of demo type games. Ya know, the kind that are just like "Ooooh, look how VR it is!" and arent really about playing a game but experiencing a thing in VR.
Yeah, that was where my thoughts went as well. I guess what I should say when I say 'games' is 'experiences' or something.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
Most of what I know of is on Vive, but here are a couple of Oculus ones:

Titans of Space - Provides a gods-eye view of the solar system
Henry - Short, free film

Zenja

Jan 16, 2013
Don't Let Go is one I would like to try and seems to always get positive reactions. It tries to blur the line between VR and the bodies natural responses. Could be fun for a laugh or two.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
I can't help too much as I don't have one, but I gave my dad some demos (he's a tough 75+er) through a cardboard-like device. He really enjoyed the videos, but it took him long enough to get the grasp of being able to look 360 degrees that I think learning any kind of interaction might've been a bit taxing (time-wise, which would lead to stomach-wise).

He loved the roller coaster demos and underwater stuff, even watching a rallycross video, but other than that I wouldn't know, sorry