Recommended original xbox games, (Besides Halo 1 and 2)

Baron Tanks

Mar 3, 2013
I just have to the tenth person to say this, but it can not be overstated how awesome KOTOR I & II and Jade Empire were. They're not flawless, but they're great experiences nonetheless from start to finish (ok, maybe the start of the KOTORs not as much, but worth sitting through, yessir).

Artina89

Oct 27, 2008
These were my personal favourites:

Jet set radio future: My favourite game on the Xbox, I played it pretty much none stop the Christmas I got it.
Psychonauts: This was also on the PS2 (I owned a copy on both the Xbox and the PS2). A really fun and different game.
Conker live and reloaded: While I preferred the original on the Nintendo64, this was still a fun game.

These games might have already been mentioned earlier in the thread, but these are the games that instantly spring to my mind, and with good reason, I think.

randomsix

Apr 20, 2009
Psi Ops: the Mindgate Conspiracy
The KOTORs
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Star Wars Battlefront (I or II)

And if you want to experiment,
Breakdown

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
If you like sneaking around, Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Also, Double Agent on Xbox is a completely different beast closer in line to CT then its 360 counterpart. Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay is a good one. I don't know how well Metal Gear Solid 2 translated into it's 'Substance' version on Xbox, but that might be one to look into as well.

Mar 26, 2008
ace_of_something said:

Deathrow (pounced death throw)
When I was in the academy we played this game every night in our barracks. It wasn't all that amazing it's basically this weird mash-up of boxing, soccer, and football. With a cyberpunk aesthetic.
Teams, if I recall, included: Cyborg Coal Miners, Genetically Engineered Fish Women, Supercops, Prison Inmates.

It was actually a pretty damn fun game if you had others to play it with.
Oh yes! I forgot about Deathrow. You forgot about a team of demons, a team made of psychotic robots, a team of soldiers, etc. It's like ultimate frisbee with the violence and swearing turned up to 10.

blurpo

Mar 2, 2014
Sleekit said:
looks around...most seem out there...

i've actually been playing Gladius on xbox recently.

its a kind of turn based build your own roman/viking gladiator school tactical RPG made by Lucas Arts with two differing story arcs based around two different lead characters (both headed for the same destination it turns out).

it had a PS2 release too which personally i've never managed to get to work over 3 copys and 3 different machines (it apparently has abysmal loading times IF it works anyway) and there was Gamecube version too i think...but xbox version is ok...

game has a nice enough art style, cut scenes are well done, it has a pretty cool grove that's uniquely its own. storyline is a bit of a hodge-podge of stuff but *shrug*.

its quite a relaxing cool game i think.

it also has an initially hidden local (ie not online) multi player mode...although i have not had the opportunity to really try that out yet.

eh what else...

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis is pretty cool (its a build your own Jurassic Park sim/management game)...if a little brief...

oh and the xbox version of Dynasty Warriors 5 (often mentioned as the best Dynasty Warriors that generation and even possibly the best Dynasty Warriors iteration ever) let's you use the Japanese voice acting in non Japanese versions of the game...which is a feature exclusive to the xbox version of the game afaik
Gladius is only the BEST GAME EVER MADE!
Sorry, got carried away. I agree with you, my favorite game ever in any platform, any genre. I do recommend playing it without the 'active combat' or whatever they called it. Play it as it's meant to be played, purely tactical. They added this option (which basically adds a minigame on every attack) because they felt console gamers liked smashing buttons. So totally wrong! Disable it and enjoy the game of your life... twice (once for each hero, similar but different stories and abilities)

ArkhamJester

Sep 30, 2010
On the off chance someone is watching this thread besides me, guess what, the Xbox I bought had a seemingly faulty controller and even cracking it open and cleaning its innards didn't make it work, but to add insult to injury when I tried to put a game, CD, anything really, into the Xbox it wouldn't read it. SO yeah, the disc drive on the system is faulty as well meaning I have to find another original xbox. That said thaks to everyone for the ideas and the games to look forward to. Otogi, Phantom Dust, Orta and jet set radio future are games I look forward to playing. Thanks everyone.

The Crispy Tiger

Dec 11, 2013
Here we go, the ones people forgot:

Beyond Good and Evil (I know it was mentioned earlier but it needed to be mentioned again...)
Ninja Gaiden Black
Tom Clancys Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
Forza Motorsport
SSX 3
SoulCalibur
Psychonauts
Dead or Alive 3
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
and
Gun

There, I think I got some of the bet out of the way

Oct 2, 2010
TBman said:
Bloodwake
Blood Wake, the home of weird boat combat, amazing water, and horrible puns!

It's not the greatest game ever made, but it's great fun, and quite unique.

//==========================

Did I miss something, or has nobody mentioned the RalliSport Challenge series yet? They're both extremely strong contenders for greatest rally racer ever. They're both extremely gorgeous as well, and RalliSport Challenge 2 looks extremely graphically impressive for a 60fps sixth-gen game.