Red Dead Redemption 2 Pushed Back to Spring 2018

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Red Dead Redemption 2 Pushed Back to Spring 2018

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1407/1407634.jpgIf you were hoping to see Red Dead Redemption 2 this year, Rockstar has dashed those hopes with a delay.

Rockstar Games has announced that it has delayed the launch of Red Dead Redemption 2 into Spring 2018. The news via a post on the Rockstar News Wire [https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire], which announces the delay.

In the post, Rockstar says that, "This outlaw epic set across the vast and unforgiving American heartland will be the first Rockstar game created from the ground up for the latest generation of console hardware, and some extra time is necessary to ensure that we can deliver the best experience possible for our fans."

"We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready."

There is one little bit of good news, and that's that we'll get more information about the game "this summer." We've all been waiting for more information on Red Dead Redemption 2, but this wasn't the information that we wanted. Sadly, there's still no mention of a PC version, either. There is a batch of new screenshots, so enjoy those for now.

[gallery=7402]

Shadefyre

Mar 25, 2008
So ~IF~ it does get a PC version, it'll be like 2020 at the earliest. On the flip side, being able to type 2020 and realize the future is nearly here is pretty cool.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
I'm not going to pretend I'm not disappointed, but I wholeheartedly agree with this part of the statement:
ffronw said:
"We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready."
I'd much rather wait a bit longer to play a game that's actually finished, rather than play a rushed product.

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
They had commercials for this game on network TV last holiday season... the amount of egg on their faces must be staggering.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It looks so amazing though. In fact, I'll probably get a console just so I could play it. I'm not waiting for the PC version. I need my wild west fix.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Since they're pushing it back to Spring of 2018 that's plenty of time to get a PC version going.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Considering I wasnt expecting it this year, this doesnt bother me. Honestly, this is still sooner than I expected.

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
Rather a working game a few years later than a rushed out broken one.
That's pretty much my opinion on this and every game being pushed back :D
But I can understand that it stings a little when someone really is waiting for it. Patience is key!

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Are those a weathered lady's pair of hands with those guns? I cannot tell for certain. Looks beautiful though. Take your time, I got plenty of shit to do meanwhile.

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
So they don't have to complete with Far Cry 5. I heard it was suppose to come out around the same time and it would make sense for the smaller IP (Red Dead in this case) to move in order to have a better chance of making money.