?Redemption Blues,? ?Zombie Holiday? + Gavin's Favorite Games of 2011

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
BrotherRool said:
But meeting hostility with hostility... I've loved the idea of turn the other cheek from the minute I first read it and I'm not sure hostility does anything but damage the person being hostile. A whole lot of e-drama has started from a creator responding to criticism. Maybe 'don't feed the troll' is the bible sentiment for our internet?
I'm not sure how you interpreted my responses as hostile really... a tad snarky yes, but not hostile.

04whim

Apr 16, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
BrotherRool said:
But meeting hostility with hostility... I've loved the idea of turn the other cheek from the minute I first read it and I'm not sure hostility does anything but damage the person being hostile. A whole lot of e-drama has started from a creator responding to criticism. Maybe 'don't feed the troll' is the bible sentiment for our internet?
I'm not sure how you interpreted my responses as hostile really... a tad snarky yes, but not hostile.
Unfortunately, there's no end of people on the internet who'll take a snarky reply as hostile (and I don't mean BrotherRool, I just mean... people...) Personally I like the idea of meeting hostility with a put down, just don't fall into the trap of replying to the same person a second time.

burningdragoon

Warrior without Weapons
Jul 27, 2009
(I, for one, still have Saints Row 3, Dark Souls and Bastion yet to play)

Dark Souls? Well I am officially anticipating a song for it more than I was for Skyrim. I hope you like it enough to get those magic, music juices of yours flowing.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
MiracleOfSound said:
BrotherRool said:
I'm sorry, I used a word which is stronger than the one I meant. In my head it was hostile as in 'not aligned favourably to the person' or 'opposed to the other person'. I didn't mean you were outright bashing them or anything like that just that you take the side which is neither 'the customer is always right' or 'ignore them and they'll go away' and I designated the first one as submissive, the second as neutral and the third as hostile. My irretrievable disgrace :D

I do think of them as snark because I find them funny, which I hope is the affect you're going for.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
BrotherRool said:
I didn't mean you were outright bashing them or anything like that just that you take the side which is neither 'the customer is always right' or 'ignore them and they'll go away' and I designated the first one as submissive, the second as neutral and the third as hostile.
Ah, but the best thing about being my own boss is just that... the customer is NOT always right ;)

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I wonder if there's a Saints Row the Third song in the works, but I doubt that since I think the process will go something like this:

"What rhymes with 'dildo bat'? *sigh*" *descends into alcoholism*

Oh well, still a very fun game. Happy Belated Holidays!