Refurbished 3DS Now Available From Nintendo's Official Store

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Just after I got cheated by Gamestop getting a refurbished 3DS for my daughter... *sigh*

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Lunar Templar said:
oh god fucking damn it >.<

NOW they release a purple one, bastards ....

why couldn't they have done that sooner, like when I was getting mine >.<
You know what's worse? I heard about it quite a while ago (like, maybe a year or more ago), but I never found it...
Then it finally does show up, but wouldn't you know it? Only available in the US...
(And those things are region-locked, unlike the game boys... So...)

Damn it Nintendo! Why is the stuff I actually want never available in my country. XD

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
CrystalShadow said:
Lunar Templar said:

You know what's worse? I heard about it quite a while ago (like, maybe a year or more ago), but I never found it...
Then it finally does show up, but wouldn't you know it? Only available in the US...
(And those things are region-locked, unlike the game boys... So...)

Damn it Nintendo! Why is the stuff I actually want never available in my country. XD
o.0!!!

oh ... fuck you Walmart, you dirty bastards ... T-T

they only had black and one other undesirable color when i got mine T-T

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
TheKasp said:
Never had a bad experience with GS, therefor I trust them. Frequently when I ask people to explain what is so bad about GS I either get no answer or something I disagree with immensely.

BiH-Kira said:
Oh cool I have been around long enough to qualify for the haters club, do I get a shirt? Also gotta love how I "hate Nintendo" (I didn't used to, I would love to like them again, but they just keep pissing me off) and that I'm somehow "irrational" for it.

GeneralFungi

Jul 1, 2010
major_chaos said:
See the problem with this is that it requires me to do business with Nintendo, and I much prefer the smug satisfaction I can get from buying at GS and knowing that my money goes to a company that hasn't been flipping me the bird for the past two console generations. Besides I manged to get one of these: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/3ds-system-black-gold-recharged-refurbished/107542 which is way nicer looking than anything on Nintendo's list.
You're free to order from wherever you like. I'm not some agent of morality who demands you buy all of your Nintendo stuff new or anything. But your method of demonstrating your dislike kind of seems to undermine itself.

Because of all of the wrong and terrible things Nintendo has done you've become bitter towards them. They are always doing things that upset you and you've gone out of your way to ensure that they didn't get any of your money. I'm not saying you should like them; you may have a very valid reason for not liking them. However, despite all of the wrong and all of the bad decisions their console is still worth owning. Despite all of their bad they've made enough good decisions to drive you to sacrifice money to own one of their systems. Whether or not Nintendo got that money is irrelevant; their products have worth to you even though you hold firm that you don't like what they produce.

I'd take your stance a bit more seriously if you outright boycotted Nintendo. But the fact that you still like them enough to own their system and play their games is essentially a contradiction to your own message.

On Topic:

I think it's a pretty smart business decision by Nintendo to embrace this. For a while places like Gamestop have been cutting console and game manufacturing companies out of the loop. This may force places like Gamestop to lower their prices even more in order to stay competitive. It actually works for Nintendo either way; either Nintendo begins to earn a cut of the used 3DS purchases, or their retailers stop earning quite as much from used game purchases, which will perhaps encourage them to try and sell new more often. It's a win win situation for Nintendo while Gamestop is surely unhappy about it. If the the other 2 of the big 3 decide to do something similar used game sellers might have a situation on their hands.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Lunar Templar said:

Purple one's been out for a while. I think it came out around May. I've had mine since December.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
major_chaos said:
See the problem with this is that it requires me to do business with Nintendo, and I much prefer the smug satisfaction I can get from buying at GS and knowing that my money goes to a company that hasn't been flipping me the bird for the past two console generations. Besides I manged to get one of these: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/3ds-system-black-gold-recharged-refurbished/107542 which is way nicer looking than anything on Nintendo's list.
Wow, the levels of stupid/entitled/smug in this mentality are off the charts.

How exactly have they been "flipping you the bird"? Clearly it wasn't that bad since you're willing to actually get the system.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Mr. Omega said:
Wow, the levels of stupid/entitled/smug in this mentality are off the charts.
I aim to impress.

How exactly have they been "flipping you the bird"?
Two generations of horrible gimmick based consoles with a very short list of worthwhile games, turning Metroid over to a totally mismatched dev who turned out a loathsome entry that is likely to stain the franchise reputation for some time, screwing over Rare by hijacking Dinosaur Planet and turning it into a starfox game, Reggie being a smug twat even by big 3 standards ect.

Clearly it wasn't that bad since you're willing to actually get the system.
My willingness do get a 3ds has nothing to do with Nintendo and everything to do with a short list of high quality 3rd party exclusives.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
TheKasp said:
May I assume that your 'problems' with Nintendo (I won't call you a hater, I don't know your reasons for disliking Nintendo) are grounded in subjective, personal experience?
Yes they are, and I do suppose lots of this comes down to opinion.

the giant electronics store across the street (with half a floor dedicated to gaming with employes just for this one area)
This is quite possibly the biggest difference between us, as I have to drive an hour each way to find an electronics store that isn't GS or Bestbuy (lolworstbuy). On the other hand I also have never had issues with the clerks. I normally find the friendly and helpful sometimes even willing to converse if the store isn't busy, but a lot of that just comes down to luck.

a dedicated PC gamer - the kind of audience GameStop just stopped catering to while driving stores out of the city that actually did keep catering to PC gamers.
And of the common reasons to hate GS this is the one I really can't argue with. When PC games DRMed the used market out out the picture GS upper management seemed to throw a tantrum and just decided they would carry almost no PC games at all. They are working to reverse this a bit, as recently they started selling codes for select steam games (I currently have Blood Dragon on preorder for example)

Lovely Mixture

Jul 12, 2011
I would like to get a handheld, but I find their price hard to justify when you can get media-players with much more memory for about the same cost.

3DS does have Fire Emblem and Rune Factory though.

Mcoffey said:
The 3DS is just such an ugly system. It's about as pleasing to the eye as salt water. Still though, their line-up of games is getting increasingly tempting. And it's a hundred bucks less than a Vita these days too...
Not that I disagree, but would you say it's any uglier than the regular DS?