Reggie Fils-Aime Leaks 3DS Release Date

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Reggie Fils-Aime Leaks 3DS Release Date

In an appearance on the Jimmy Fallon show, Nintendo's Reggie Fils-Aime indicated when we'll see the 3DS in North America.

Reggie Fils-Aime was on the Jimmy Fallon show this week to promote the Resident Evil [http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Sports-Resort-Black-Nintendo/dp/B003EH0BQ4/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1277589111&sr=8-1] in 2010.

While Fallon was shooting peanuts and getting Diddy Kong's head bashed in, he said that the Nintendo DS was his "favorite system out there" and expressed interest in the 3DS. Fallon asked when it was coming out, and Fils-Aime replied: "It's coming out next year." The comment was made somewhat in passing, so there isn't an indication if this means it'll be out next year in North America only or if Japan will be lucky enough to see it this holiday season. Considering how shows like Fallon's are rehearsed, it was probably planned, but either way now we know when to generally expect the system.

Fils-Aime then whipped out a 3DS and got in a nice jab at Sony, saying he knew Fallon "did a little 3D yesterday," referring to a 3D demo of watch the video [http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-3-Playstation/dp/B002I0K6DG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1277589987&sr=1-1] of the Killzone 3 demo, Fils-Aime might have missed how Fallon nearly messed himself, but hey that's what these guys do.

Fallon also really loved the 3DS, saying: "Oh my gosh, you've done it! Of course Nintendo would do it!" I hope to have the same reaction when I get my hands on a 3DS in 2011.

Via: VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/06/26/reggie-confirms-2011-launch-for-3ds-on-fallon/]

Ghost

Spoony old Bard
Feb 13, 2009
The presenter of that show is so fake it's painful to watch. He's obviously been told what to say and has no interest in video games whatsoever.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
"How do I jump?" "Press A"

Goddamn...he's supposed to be a Nintendo fan?

Donkey Kong remake looks like rubbish. Coop is fine, but have we really only come this far in 15 or so years?

C'mon.

Can't wait to get my hands on a 3DS and see what it's like.

Wait a sec....Fils-Aime, is that French for paedophilia?

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
SICK0_ZER0 said:
The presenter of that show is so fake it's painful to watch. He's obviously been told what to say and has no interest in video games whatsoever.
You should have seen when he was interviewing Cliffy B when he announced Gears 3... he had a couple of guests that he was obviously interested in and then Cliffy B comes on and he just starts looking bored and gives him about half as much time as his other guests...

But that's both a shame and a blessing. I want to play it as soon as I can, but at least now I'll have more time to save up.

EDIT: Ugh... he heard a rumor that there was a 3D Nintendo DS coming out soon? You mean the one that they spend a quarter of their E3 press conference talking about?

Ih8pkmn

Apr 20, 2010
Son of a Colossus!

Maybe It was just in passing and didn't mean anything

Please?

I REALLY want to Play KI Uprising :-(

Enzeru92

Oct 18, 2008
Cool am hoping for it this holiday season but i doubt it'll be available here any time soon for us North American but I'm stilling to go get it when it comes out next year :D

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
SICK0_ZER0 said:
Actually Fallon loves games. He expressed genuine surprise when he saw Killzone in 3D. He has celebrities on all the time (he played Tiger Woods on Wii golf and beat him). Also if you don't remember CliffyB debuted Gears of War 3 on his show

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
I don't mind waiting till next year. I recently got a Gameboy Micro and there are several Advance games I want to buy and play before this is released. Besides, it gives me time to save up for it.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Wow......DKC Returns looks great!
I feel good about Retro Studios doing this game.

As for the news about the 3DS.

This will give me the time i need to amass the small fortune ill need for it and the plethora of games i will get at launch.

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Damn I'm really dissapointed by this, I was hoping to get it in Nov/Dec this year :/.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Suskie said:
"Last time I played this was on N64." You sure about that, Jimmy?
Well really he might have been talking about Donkey Kong 64... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_64]

Suskie

Nov 9, 2009
ProfessorLayton said:
Suskie said:
"Last time I played this was on N64." You sure about that, Jimmy?
Well really he might have been talking about Donkey Kong 64... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_64]
I know, I know. But this is still DKC we're talking about.

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
Well, at least it will be no later then my next birthday. I was really hoping it would come out in time for the holidays, I need a new DS quite badly.