Release Date Announced for Five Nights at Freddy's RPG, FNaF World

Jsan the Candyman

Sep 5, 2014
Samtemdo8 said:
Zontar said:
Basically Bronies.
Is that really a bad thing? We chilled out, and FNAF fans will at some point too.

Heck, I'd say overenthusiastic fans aren't even that bad to begin with. Unless they're going around murdering people, I'd say the mild annoyance of internet people is more damaging.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Is there a particular reason why this game developer is making sequel after sequel of this game? I read an article he wrote and he seems like a pretty intelligent guy.

Far too intelligent anyway to keep churning out FNaF after FNaF.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Silentpony said:
No, not that they're unfamiliar with FNaF, they seem unfamiliar with the idea of a fan. Just a fan, of literally anything. Like they can't get over the idea people draw cute pictures of the characters in situations not normally present in the games. Truly as if this is literally the first time a fandom has ever done that, ever ever.
Oh, well trust me on this they very much do know what a fan is.
People taking characters out of context and writing fics, or drawing them or cosplaying as them is as old as fandoms. But they're not harshing people for drawing Pokemon in non-Pokemon environments. No one is complaining about people drawing chibbi Freddy and/or Jason. No word one when people snuggle with a Pyramid Head plushie.
Yes put it's pretty hard to compare the FNaF fandom with others when it comes to how they treat the characters. While all fandoms have a subset that treats things radically differently then the actual state of what they are within the context of their setting, the FNaF fandom is one of the few which has the odd case of the large majority of the fandom being part of that subset.

Hell they even touched upon this in the video that there's such an unusual divide between the product and its fandom.
They must think this is a war-crime.

Otherwise its just sour grapes.
There's a difference between the rare exception and the rule. When it comes to 40k cute images are the exception. For FNaF it's the rule.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Jsan the Candyman said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Zontar said:
Basically Bronies.
Is that really a bad thing? We chilled out, and FNAF fans will at some point too.

Heck, I'd say overenthusiastic fans aren't even that bad to begin with. Unless they're going around murdering people, I'd say the mild annoyance of internet people is more damaging.
Yes and I have not seen any Pony related content on the internet in awhile.

Mr Enter certainly have not done an MLP related video in a long time. And don't get me started on fanbases of certain Modern Cartoon Network shows.

As to FNAF I admit I found the first game interesting and at times spooky. Then the internet showed its ugly side and in a WEEK mind you.

In the end the FNAF games I find decent at times spooky were 1 and 3. 2 has that annoying music box, and 4 was annoyingly repetitive.

But that's the problem with the entire games. They are all repetitive. And yet some people deem it THE SCARIEST GAME EVER without offering any examples as to how is it scarier then say the most scariest moments in Resident Evil and Silent Hill and the other old school Survival Horror games of the PS1-PS2 era?

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
Why bother with this when you can play Five Nights at Fuckboys instead? Seems like its the same concept except FNAFB is less cutesy and more raunchy.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I like RPGs...I like FNaF...I'm probably going to like this. This looks like it's got turn-based combat too which is an added bonus as I REALLY like that in my RPGs! Knowing Scott and how the other FNaF games launched I wouldn't be surprised if this came out sooner than expected. I don't know if I'll get this when it launches but I'm more likely to get this than the other FNaF games since...you know...this is more of what I'm looking for in a game than what the other FNaFs offer.

kenu12345

Seeker of Ancient Knowledge
Aug 3, 2011
Seems right up my alley. Could use a good rpg and I have faith in Cawthon to make this a good one plus it will be funny playing as them. Wonder if this will have as many secrets as the main games

Kajin

This Title Will Be Gone Soon
Apr 13, 2008
Arnoxthe1 said:
Is there a particular reason why this game developer is making sequel after sequel of this game? I read an article he wrote and he seems like a pretty intelligent guy.

Far too intelligent anyway to keep churning out FNaF after FNaF.
Because it makes him a ton of money. I looked up a report and the fnaf games are, currently, making over $6,000 a day. This is AFTER the hype train has been winding down for a little while. Scott could easily be a millionaire by now. Any reasonably intelligent person would keep doing that until they found some other way to print money. It's also possible he just really likes making those games. Another possible reason is that he likes that people like his games. A lot of people loved fnaf, so he kept making more of it.