Release Date for The Wolf Among Us Season Finale Revealed

Esmeralda Portillo

Jun 16, 2014
Release Date for The Wolf Among Us Season Finale Revealed

The season finale to The Wolf Among Us will be available for download starting July 8th.

Telltale Games just revealed that the last episode to the first season of The Wolf Among Us is set to release next week. On July 8th those of you playing the game on PC, Mac, or PlayStation--in North America--will be able to enjoy the fifth episode in the series titled "Cry Wolf."

Xbox 360 players and the rest of the world will be able to download the new episode on July 9th. The iOS version will be available on July 10th.

"Cry Wolf" will bring the dramatic conclusion to the murder mystery of who's been killing off fables. The trailer alludes Bigby will uncover hidden Fabletown secrets and encounter more dangerous adversaries. To catch up before the new episode arrives you can read our review of the fourth episode, "In Sheep's Clothing." [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/11531-The-Wolf-Among-Us-Episode-4-In-Sheeps-Clothing-Review]

Telltale's other hit series, The Walking Dead: Season Two, is set to release a new episode later this month as well [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/135834-Walking-Dead-Season-2-Episode-4-Expected-to-Release-This-Month].

Dec 14, 2009
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Dat real wolf form.

Really hyped to see how this all ends, and I hope they make some more after this, 'cos I love the lore and the setting.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Sweet!

I was waiting for the final episode to come out so I can buy all of them at once like I did with season one of TWD. Can't wait for this come out. :D

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng!

Dat real wolf form.

Really hyped to see how this all ends, and I hope they make some more after this, 'cos I love the lore and the setting.
I know! I have loved TWAU but I have never really liked Bigby's wolf mode. To see that he will go full blown Big Bad Wolf is really exciting. If only because that is bound to wipe that smug look of Bloody mary's face.

Yostbeef

Apr 14, 2010
I made the mistake of playing this before all episodes were released. I played 1-3 and have just been pulling out my hair waiting for it to conclude. I really feel like the game/episodes are a tad on the short side even when comparing them to the Walking Dead episodes. I also rarely level a complaint against the length of a game but it does feel justified here. I still love the hell out of it.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Hm...right I still have this game...probably should install it on my computer and actually play it at some point.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Bouncing with excitement really enjoyed 1-4, better than walking dea din amny ways as its less bound by the grand zombi trope.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Initial reaction before reading article: Yay! the next episode is soon, too bad it'll probably be like a month still.

After reading article: HOLY SHIT! That's less then a week! Maybe I should replay the previous chapters again.Damn Telltale you are suddenly back on the ball with these releases. Used to take months in between, but it's been nearly one every month between Wolf and Walking Dead.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
This is great, I played the first episode but decided to wait until the rest of the episodes came out so I could just play them through all at once. It's coming out pretty soon as well, so I'm really looking forward to this.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
...Well then, Telltale made me a moron on the Escapist forums. I thought Walking Dead would be next week and then Woof-Woof for the end of July.

Not that I'm complaining. If I was to have one of those games next week, I would take my 1-2 hours of Bigby goodness. I'm twitching from all the hype.

hazydawn

Jan 11, 2013
Gizmo1990 said:
I know! I have loved TWAU but I have never really liked Bigby's wolf mode. To see that he will go full blown Big Bad Wolf is really exciting. If only because that is bound to wipe that smug look of Bloody mary's face.
Would you also have preffered a mostly wolf like head? :0

I'm curious how Bigby will resolve everything. Apparently through force, but if one or a few silver bullets can kill him than realistically he'd be fucked. Well, maybe he'll be lucky or use some other power I haven't yet seen. Stopped reading the comic after ch. 50 because of the brilliant happy ending ^^ Don't want to spoil that bliss now. >.< I'll continue reading eventually :eek:

Anyone else liked the art style of the comic in the beginning better? There was a shift at some point where Bigby lost many features of his face and it looks like it's constantly melting off.

ChildofGallifrey

May 26, 2008
erttheking said:
Hm...right I still have this game...probably should install it on my computer and actually play it at some point.
Do so. I picked it up on the last day of the Steam Sale at the urging of a friend, and I've barely been able to put it down.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
So does season finale mean we might see more trips through Fabletown? I could go for some Cinderella action.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Redd the Sock said:
So does season finale mean we might see more trips through Fabletown? I could go for some Cinderella action.
I was wondering the same thing. It would be nice to see second season. I'm assuming that it will pry take awhile though with them also doing Tales of the Borderlands and also their Game of Thrones game.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
That full werewolf mode, God damn I almost jizzed in my pants. Get here soon Tuesday, I can't wait any longer.

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Whooo!

I'm afraid of how many possible threads might be left dangling. How traumatized will Toad Jr. be?! Is Flycatcher going to catch a break? I must know!

But obviously it'll end on an awesome note. I can't wait to see if my guess that Don Dumpty was behind it all bears fruit.

MonsterIsZero

Feb 17, 2014
Maybe this episode Bigby will get his face squashed into the stupid looking face that he's drawn in in almost all the Buckingham illustrated comics