Reliable Source: An Australian Attorney General in Thailand

hebdomad

May 21, 2008
Deofuta said:
I loved that letter,

But on a more serious note, are Australians allaowed to purchase these illegal games of sites such as Ebay, and then have it mailed to them?Or is it simply illegal all around, and even owning it is illegal?
It's all too easy to get "banned" games. You can import from New Zealand (like Germany imports banned games from Austria) .. or just a few setting changes, and we download it off steam like everyone else.

The classification board might think it has the almighty power, but all it's doing is screwing over local retailers...

bradley348

Apr 17, 2009
i have finally realised who Michael Atkinson reminds me of

[http://img191.imageshack.us/i/atkinson.jpg/]

Just Wait until he starts rating stuff EC-10...

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Deofuta said:
I loved that letter,

But on a more serious note, are Australians allaowed to purchase these illegal games of sites such as Ebay, and then have it mailed to them?Or is it simply illegal all around, and even owning it is illegal?
It's illegal yes, but that doesn't stop us.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
So I read up on it, and it seems to be similar to when one of our Yankee games gets the AO rating, and some major chains refuse to carry it(virtually all, really). However, with a ban in Australia, it is all stores, everywhere.

Closer to the truth?

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Deofuta said:
I loved that letter,

Its illegal in the way that Cuban cigars or Stolichnaya is/was in the US. Thats to say it is, but no ones gonna enforce it.

OT: This article suddenly clarifies so much about Atkinson.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I think it's wrong that Atkinson thinks that it's his job to tell us what we can and can't be exposed to. It's our money and we will do with it what we damn well please!

It's his job to keep South Australia in one piece and to let the rest of Australia not give a shit.

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Armitage Shanks said:
Deofuta said:
I loved that letter,

Its illegal in the way that Cuban cigars or Stolichnaya is/was in the US. Thats to say it is, but no ones gonna enforce it.

OT: This article suddenly clarifies so much about Atkinson.
Wait wait wait wait wait.. Stoli is illegal in the US?! Since when? Oh this is bad news.....

TechNoFear

Mar 22, 2009
Asparagus Brown said:
As amusing as this is, Michael Atkinson isn't the Attorney-General of Australia, he's the Attorney-General of South Australia. Also, I get the feeling that state Attorney-General is an appointed position, not an elected one,
He is an elected member of South Australia, who was appointed as AG by the majority party leader (a portfolio, his area of responsibility in the cabinet).

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
Frizzle said:
Wait wait wait wait wait.. Stoli is illegal in the US?! Since when? Oh this is bad news.....
Well, until the wall came down basically. Basically part of that whole kerfuffle we call the Cold War.

illistas

Nov 18, 2009
very amusing to read :D
fanrock51 said:
I didn't read all of article (mainly because I'm sleepy) but I just want to point out one thing.

Suvarnabhumi Airport wasn't opened fifteen years ago.It was opened about 3 years ago (around times when there was coup detart to get rid of Takki Shinegra)
don't you mean coup d'état?