Reliable Source: An Australian Attorney General in Thailand

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
Reliable Source: An Australian Attorney General in Thailand

Mr. Marion Cox recounts a drug-filled romp in the sin capital of Asia with games-censoring Australian Attorney General Michael Atkinson.

Read Full Article

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Wut?

Very funny, but I became confused after the Transvestite bit, as I genuinley thought you HAD met the man up until that point. Bah, bugger me

It's a silly problem, and I assume it will only end when he stands down/dies/both

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
Great article, great way to subtley slander Mr. Atkinson. Maybe slander is a bad word, but it fits. I really enjoyed it.

And way to point out the fact that most of the people who want mature games are also voters. Hopefully Micheal gets his ass voted out soon.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
I laughed a lot during that article. Seriously though that man needs to learn that parents can parent as well. Sometimes.

Apr 28, 2008
Watch, if he's voted out, he'll blame games for the "Downfall of Austrailia, and eventually the world."

He may not say those exact words, but it will be something like that.

I'm calling it now.

paragon1

Dec 8, 2008
Sporky111 said:
Great article, great way to subtley slander Mr. Atkinson. Maybe slander is a bad word, but it fits. I really enjoyed it.

And way to point out the fact that most of the people who want mature games are also voters. Hopefully Micheal gets his ass voted out soon.
Your almost right. This is actually libel. Slander is spoken.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Lost In The Void said:
I laughed a lot during that article. Seriously though that man needs to learn that parents can parent as well. Sometimes.
Same here...that made me laugh more than anything this week...way a go!!!

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Heres a fun fact for all the legalites out there, while Australia doesn't have guaranteed freedom of speech under our constitutuion we do have freedom of speech guaranteed under the United Nations of which Australia is a member.

grimsprice

Jun 28, 2009
Good read. It was believable up until the blowing up sharks with dynamite. You lost all probable realism there.

fanrock51

Feb 27, 2008
I didn't read all of article (mainly because I'm sleepy) but I just want to point out one thing.

Suvarnabhumi Airport wasn't opened fifteen years ago.It was opened about 3 years ago (around times when there was coup detart to get rid of Takki Shinegra)

eels05

Jun 11, 2009
Good article,funny to.

Subtly pointing out that Australia has to deal with its own issues.I agree but only to a point.International pressure will be a massive part of resolving this.

Atkinson's key arguements are based on assumption and willfull ignorance.If he can be dragged onto a debate on nation TV that would help.Any mature industry rep or even knowlegable gamer would make short work of his key points.
Down side to that is this issue needs to get big and glossy enough to enter into public debate and I cant see that happening any time soon.
Also from the only debate I've seen on the ABC,the experts on the panel discussing the issue were mostly blatently baised against a 18+ rating,not to mention the moderator as well.Thats what were up against as far as televised debate is concerned.

Unless Atkinson actually did have sex with two asian hookers and an elephant.If only.

AgentChunk

Jul 27, 2009
008Zulu said:
Heres a fun fact for all the legalites out there, while Australia doesn't have guaranteed freedom of speech under our constitutuion we do have freedom of speech guaranteed under the United Nations of which Australia is a member.
lol. That's gold.

Asparagus Brown

Sep 1, 2008
As amusing as this is, Michael Atkinson isn't the Attorney-General of Australia, he's the Attorney-General of South Australia. Also, I get the feeling that state Attorney-General is an appointed position, not an elected one, and he's involved mostly in legislative appointments and approvals on a state level, and isn't even required to be a member of parliament. So since he's not really involved in policy-making beyond overseeing the legal ramifications, all that stuff about vote-pandering isn't really relevant.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Watch, if he's voted out, he'll blame games for the "Downfall of Austrailia, and eventually the world."

I'm calling it now.

Irridium said:

I'm calling it now.
Too late I called it before you.

What, no picture of a rabid Yahtzee attacking him?

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
I loved that letter,

But on a more serious note, are Australians allaowed to purchase these illegal games of sites such as Ebay, and then have it mailed to them?Or is it simply illegal all around, and even owning it is illegal?