Reliable Source: Australia, Kittens and Accidental Racism

Russian_Assassin

Apr 24, 2008
Mr. Kotick, WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM you donkey-dick sucking piece of cow diarrhea! Seriously, shut the fuck up, I hate you and I want you to die.

In all seriousness, is it just me or does he resemble a cartoonish villain? People shouldn't be allowed to get involved with an industry they don't like or respect. He should at least pretend that he is not a complete asshole! Instead of that he just comes out and says: I have no respect for anyone but money! Discretion? Screw discretion, I have money!

Also, wtf killer kittens???

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
As an Australian who lives a very comfortable life, I get quite annoyed when people say or imply that Australia is a terrible place. The Australian ratings board is not Australia, so gamers, let's not demonise a country for what one council does. They're idiots, yes. That doesn't mean that we all are.

Yes, this is sort of lame. But it's just one game. Yes, they have refused other games entry before. But like them, I'm willing to bet that L4D2 will get crippled violence and come through anyway, and people who really want the content can probably hack for it or find someone who can.

Oh, and about "boycotting Australia" by refusing to buy Vegemite: it's owned by Americans. But then, that might've been the point of the line. Either way, I see what you did there, and it's spreading misinformation, even if it is lighthearted. I do not approve.

raunchysandwich

Apr 19, 2008
indeed Silva. Australia is no longer australia, it is China. Well spoken brother!
Silva said:
As an Australian who lives a very comfortable life, I get quite annoyed when people say or imply that Australia is a terrible place. The Australian ratings board is not Australia, so gamers, let's not demonise a country for what one council does. They're idiots, yes. That doesn't mean that we all are.
indeed Silva! Australia is no longer Australia, it is China! Well spoken brother!

Silva

Apr 13, 2009
raunchysandwich said:
indeed Silva! Australia is no longer Australia, it is China! Well spoken brother!
Yes, thank you for reading only every second word in my post.

elexis

just another guy
Mar 17, 2009
It's not that we are a terrible country, its that a large percentage of out politicians are more conservative then our average monarchy.

As for vegemite, it's the alright tasting stuff that everyone worships more than they do Captain Cook(lrn ur history) that owned by Americans, eaten by more Japanese than anyone else, and stinks up the air everyday as I go by the factory on the way to school (its just a couple of k's from Melbourne CBD).

Jun 8, 2009
Now we may never look at a cat the same way again... all thanks to you Escapist!... Here's a link to a cute picture anyway!

http://www.thefunnyjunks.com/wp-content/uploads/Image/2007/March/Weird-stuff/the-scary-cat/scary-cat.jpg

I may have found our culprit on the cat murders... HAVE YOU SEEN THIS CAT? Reward: free air!!!

wilsonscrazybed

thinking about your ugly face
Dec 16, 2007
Silva said:
Oh, and about "boycotting Australia" by refusing to buy Vegemite: it's owned by Americans. But then, that might've been the point of the line. Either way, I see what you did there, and it's spreading misinformation, even if it is lighthearted. I do not approve.
You know, when I read the news about the L4D2 boycotters going after vegemite I asked myself the same question; ?Why Vegemite?? Why not Platypuses (Platipi?), Paul Hogan, or Boomerangs?? I guess for those protesters it?s more about sending a message to the vegemite industry that backed the ARB with a 12 million AUS donation (about 250 USD). Their message was clear; Australian?s who game have less time to eat Vegemite. More to the point, Gabe Newell is an outspoken critic of the Vegemite industry. In one interview he actually said ?How can you eat the stuff you scrape the toilet in a sandwich??

Perhaps it was the pressure from that statement that made Left 4 Dead 2 fail to earn a rating. Or perhaps the addition of a cricket bat to the game?s weapons was just too much seeing as how some might be reminded of the horrible cricket massacre of 1912. Either way, as an American, I am deeply disturbed that the Vegemite industry's leaving my Kangaroo riding friends without the ability to kill zombies with me this winter.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
wilsonscrazybed said:
Reliable Source: Australia, Kittens and Accidental Racism

"You play as Howard Mason, a grizzled sailor on shore-leave who is visiting his family for the first time in many years."