Reliable Source: Death to Dwarves

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
Reliable Source: Death to Dwarves

Marion supplies several reasons as to why you shouldn?t play D&D with your father.

Read Full Article

Anacortian

May 19, 2009
While my friends from high school could only be described so colorfully with expletives, I can see our games had much in common with yours. My Dad was a chief in the US Navy, but he never passed beyond the peanut gallery concerning DnD. I really envy you for having a story where your father took hold of a die without being ironic.

Visulth

Jun 25, 2009
Just a question about D&D; can you only die once, or is there a way to respawn?

PJ Reynolds

Nov 4, 2009
Marion doesn't actually expect us to believe that this is true, does he? This is the first Reliable Source I've read, so if they're all parody/facetious, never mind.

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Laughed out loud in real life, multiple times. Especially at "You maggots better get your shit together or you'll wind up here like this sissy egg-sucking dwarf!" I'm tempted to get some friends together and read this story as a group, it reminds me that much of my friends.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Marion Cox said:
I suppose that next session I'll be playing Charlie Sheen the Elven ranger sent out to end his madness.
Awesome. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that game.

Visulth said:
Just a question about D&D; can you only die once, or is there a way to respawn?
You can get resurrected, but it takes a high-level Cleric and/or a lot of cash. At level 1 you're usually better off creating a new character.

PJ Reynolds said:
Marion doesn't actually expect us to believe that this is true, does he? This is the first Reliable Source I've read, so if they're all parody/facetious, never mind.
It's all true. Mr Flask would get angry if you'd suggest otherwise.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
I had to wipe the spray of saliva off my moniter after I read Wyskowski's tirade....freakin hilarious!

JupiterBase

Feb 4, 2010
I play every other saturday, 3.5v D&D in the forgotten realms setting, Hunter The Reckoning every other Thursday, im the youngest in a group of players from 21-40 so i guess your never too old to play D&D!

tetron

Dec 9, 2009
I always love to hear D&D stories and this one was a real gem. Tennyson reminds me of how I play lol

TheEndlessGrey

Sep 28, 2009
FWIW - if that was an Apocalypse Now reference at the end, it was actually Martin Sheen.

Also, hilarious stuff. Loved it.