Reliable Source: Guns Don?t Kill People, Violent Videogames Do

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
Reliable Source: Guns Don?t Kill People, Violent Videogames Do

Marion learns why games, guns, and crazy dads don?t mix.

Read Full Article

Apr 28, 2008
That was awesome.

Glad to see you hadn't died from some crazy accident over the last week.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
I wish to meet your Dad online one day (and be on his team!)

I don't think we'd ever lose, and the micspammers would probably have their eardrums burst by your Dad screaming at them for daring to "TRY AND BRAINWASH ME WITH YOUR SUBLIMINAL COMMIE BASTARD MESSAGES AND YOUR DAMN, BEATING RAPE-MUSIC!"

Anacortian

May 19, 2009
Umm... I have to give you much regard for taking care of your father while his mind slips, but you really shouldn't have left a man with such a tenuous grasp of reality with a firm grasp on a fire arm. Dude, he could have killed somebody and Illinois would have forced him into a home.

So, yeah, I would not recommend that you own a firearm (or, for that matter, a sword).

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
I'll make my next stop a Gamestop (TM), too!
Quite possibly my favourite part of this article. You continue to entertain with your grand stories Marion.

UnSeEn60

Nov 20, 2009
"You see, the commies always come in packs. Sometimes there are heavily armored ones: those you have to smack with the butt of your gun, spin them around, and shoot them in the back. Back in Korea, I remember a big fat commie that exploded and attracted other reds by the spray of his guts. War is hell, son, and a shotgun might be your only friend."

Hahahahahah! Love those Zommbunists...

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
It is hard to make out what may or maynot be true. However my Xbox has been stolen twice this year, my last replacement not a month ago. Unfortunitly after dropping $433 on my new system I couldnt possibly replace it after it got stolen ten days after I got it.(Not all of us have cushy Jobs for a gaming magazine)

I feel your pain, it blows. And theives are too smart to pawn it now so its just sitting somewhere probably not being played(Didnt take any games, dummies my games where in a drawer right below) I payed 433 dollars for my Xbox to sit somewhere.

But guns are not the answer, I carry a Mace gun(when I say gun yes its a gun that shoots mace) but thats just mace. Mace would only be lethal if I sprayed it up someones nose. You wanna protect your home? Cameras. Cameras everywhere, and not just that special alarms that go off if someone tried to take it. Go to your nearest security store, or somewhere that sells survelience.

SUPA FRANKY

Aug 18, 2009
In response to he title:

In reality, neither games or gun kill people. People kill people. its just that guns, knives, and other dangerous stuff are just instruments.

I've never been robbed before. Thanks god, that would suck. I'd probably never trust anyone ever again if that happened to me.

nolongerhere

Winter is coming.
Nov 19, 2008
Marion, you are a light in what is an otherwise gloomy and boringly sane day, and one of my favourite writers on the Escapist.

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Anacortian said:
Umm... I have to give you much regard for taking care of your father while his mind slips, but you really shouldn't have left a man with such a tenuous grasp of reality with a firm grasp on a fire arm. Dude, he could have killed somebody and Illinois would have forced him into a home.

So, yeah, I would not recommend that you own a firearm (or, for that matter, a sword).
I think you're missing the point. Which I find hilarious.

You're just as well off scolding Dr Evil for being evil!

Doomsday11

Apr 15, 2010
Well you you certainly earned my regard for helping your father in his time of need unfortunately his future need for weaponary should only be met with modern ware 2 and kill death ratio.

masher

Jul 20, 2009
XD
Ah... that was great! Glad I stumbled upon this. This has been a great start to my day. XP

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
I gosh I love Reliable Source.

Also: I'm super happy that it is much harder to get guns here in Australia than it is over there in the USA. Super happy.

Naeo

Dec 31, 2008
Kalezian said:
technically, guns nor video games kill people, people that have guns and possibly have been drinking kill people.

beyond that, why not just set up a bear trap outside your door, next to it put a sign saying "bear trap is to keep bear inside apartment only!", that would screw with some would be thieves!
I'm gonna quibble on this and say it's actually bullets that kill people, not guns or people with guns.