Reliable Source: Inside the Crisis at Infinity Ward

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
Reliable Source: Inside the Crisis at Infinity Ward

Marion receives some information from a reliable source about what really happened with the Modern Warfare 2 studio.

Read Full Article

pumasuit

Aug 7, 2009
did you write the CODwhistleblower email, or is there someone else who needs credit for that? wonderful!

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
This sounded like a Tom Clancy-esqe take-over. Since when did Rainbow Six become Activison's A-Team?
Damn programmers didn't learn anything from the years they spent developing the AI for CoD, now did they? Oh wait, maybe they did. They acted pretty much just like the AI! How strange the way life imitates automation sometimes.

Mr. Mike

Mar 24, 2010
Hilarious as always Marion. With the way things are going at Activision and the Infinity Ward fiasco, I wouldn't be surprised if Kotick was getting like that. Bye bye cash-cow!

Apr 28, 2008
The plot thickens!

Great article, despite what little writing you actually did...

But perhaps thats what made it great?
[sub][sub]BA-ZING![/sub][/sub]

;)

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Brilliant, hiding the truth in an internet humor piece to avoid the attention of EA was a great move.

I get the "joke" man, don't worry we Escapists will fix everything in the usual internet fashion: we'll start a petition and send it to Bobby Kotick. That will show him. Goons with machine guns are no match for petitions by anonymous internet nerds!

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Marion Cox said:
...My late lunch would instead consist of two frozen hash brown patties and a poached egg covered in mozzarella and eaten like a sandwich.
I've got to try that. Maybe mixed with some chocolate and maple syrup to make it a power-food.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Therumancer said:
Brilliant, hiding the truth in an internet humor piece to avoid the attention of EA was a great move.

I get the "joke" man, don't worry we Escapists will fix everything in the usual internet fashion: we'll start a petition and send it to Bobby Kotick. That will show him. Goons with machine guns are no match for petitions by anonymous internet nerds!
And to make sure he knows were serious we should boycott something, anything as long as we say its a boycott.

cheywoodward

Dec 2, 2009
AngryMongoose said:
Marion Cox said:
...My late lunch would instead consist of two frozen hash brown patties and a poached egg covered in mozzarella and eaten like a sandwich.
I've got to try that. Maybe mixed with some chocolate and maple syrup to make it a power-food.
Don't forget the mayonnaise. As a friend of mine would say "everything tastes better with mayonnaise". He will put it on literally everything.

TheRealGoochman

Apr 7, 2010
Oh no.....poor guy, nobody escapes for Kotick, his financial "seek-and-destroy squad" hunt EVERYONE down no matter what......and I hear that before they torture and kill you, they make you make a Guitar Hero spin off just to squeeze a few more cents out of you before they finish you off.

Poor Guy

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
AngryMongoose said:
Marion Cox said:
RIP Robert Kaneichi.

Ldude893

Apr 2, 2010
That story was half true. Robert Kotick is not as threatening as the letter describes but threatening nevertheless. He's a cancer to the video game industry.

s_glasgow99

Jan 8, 2010
WTF? I don't get this guy's column. I understand that it's fiction, at least I hope it is, then why is it posted as a news article on the Escapist? Bah, I suppose to best answer is "Don't read it if you don't like it."