Reliable Source: Revenge, Sex on the Battlefield 2

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
Telperion said:
That was an interesting read.

Personally I prefer to live an uneventful and boring life - working 8 to 4, loving my girlfriend, doing chores, meeting friends on a regular basis and going to see relatives on a semi-regular basis. I'm very...comfortable...
You fricking tool!

That's nice.

Nickolai77 said:
hURR dURR dERP said:
I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.
People who have interesting lives usually have a significant love interest involved. When i had a significant love interest, that part of my life would be biographers dream, now i don't, and hell my life is pretty uninteresting right now. It goes something along the lines off

1)wake up,
2)procrastinate on the Escapist
3)do work
4)procranstinate on the Escapist, eat lunch
4)eat dinner
5)watch movie or go out with friends.

...and Insert random moment of depression infrequently between these points.

I thought the article was a great read, in my opinion Marion should not have driven off on his ex-wife, nor ignored her calls. On the other hand, the wife should have been more tolerant towards Marions gaming habits...so in a way, both are in the wrong, altough i think Marion wasted a damn good opitunity to salvige the relationship by driving away...but i think he knows it.
Me too...

OT: Nice story, although I do kind of miss the report style articles from before.

Adamsusskind

Sep 30, 2009
I only wish I could write like that. Excellent story telling. Sad tale, but thanks for telling it so adeptly.

jpakaferrari

Nov 9, 2009
rynocerator said:
Leaving her there was kinda messed up. Am I the only person who finds that to be a very inappropriate reaction?
I am in agreement that that sort of reaction might have been a little bit crazy. Seems like she would likely not be too down with that. Then again this whole story has seemed pretty messed up to me. Still very intriguing though...

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
Marion..this is probably the best one you've written yet!
I seriously lol'd when I read the Peter M. joke. That was perfect.
Only criticism I have is you need another lead in besides "let me explain", or the related phrases. Kinda throws it off for me.

And to all of you who are newish to these articles... you really think he wouldn't be in jail if it was true?

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
feather240 said:
Telperion said:
That was an interesting read.

Personally I prefer to live an uneventful and boring life - working 8 to 4, loving my girlfriend, doing chores, meeting friends on a regular basis and going to see relatives on a semi-regular basis. I'm very...comfortable...
You fricking tool!

That's nice.

Nickolai77 said:
hURR dURR dERP said:
I always get jealous when people have a more interesting life than me.

...I tend to get jealous a lot.
People who have interesting lives usually have a significant love interest involved. When i had a significant love interest, that part of my life would be biographers dream, now i don't, and hell my life is pretty uninteresting right now. It goes something along the lines off

1)wake up,
2)procrastinate on the Escapist
3)do work
4)procranstinate on the Escapist, eat lunch
4)eat dinner
5)watch movie or go out with friends.

...and Insert random moment of depression infrequently between these points.

I thought the article was a great read, in my opinion Marion should not have driven off on his ex-wife, nor ignored her calls. On the other hand, the wife should have been more tolerant towards Marions gaming habits...so in a way, both are in the wrong, altough i think Marion wasted a damn good opitunity to salvige the relationship by driving away...but i think he knows it.
Me too...

OT: Nice story, although I do kind of miss the report style articles from before.
Well, we do have ENN now. Kind of like an audio/visual version pf the old one.

Narcogen

Rampant.
Jul 26, 2006
Epoetker said:
If she does come to you with that sort of threat, make sure you get a paternity test. She's probably played this game with other men. And she WILL try to get you back. Chicks dig jerks.
Who's the jerk in this scenario?

I'm hoping this was at least embellished a bit.

Coldman42

Nov 17, 2009
Ok, you both are FUCKING CRAZY! You and your ex!

But i did get a laugh out of the story at least, so kudos for that.

spiggy

Feb 18, 2008
Am I supposed to sympathize with you? Your ex? I sympathize with no one in this story, you are both morally reprehensible douchebags. Your ex is a psycho *****, but she's right, you are painfully immature.

From my perspective, a psycho ***** married an immature douchebag. You guys deserved each other. Somewhere along the way somebody, anybody somewhere should have thought better. Epic fail.

Incognita

Nov 30, 2009
This has probably been said before but, you put me in mind of Hunter S. Thompson.
I look forward to more 'Brash and Callow on a Gamers Trail'.

jjcobra

Nov 28, 2009
Epitome said:
BF2 was a bitchin game.
It wasn't a bitchin' game. It still is a bitchin' game. Much like Battlefield 1942 before it.

I just wish Dice would make me a legitmate Battlefield 3. You know, PC only and full of awesome.

Epitome

Jul 17, 2009
jjcobra said:
Epitome said:
BF2 was a bitchin game.
It wasn't a bitchin' game. It still is a bitchin' game. Much like Battlefield 1942 before it.

I just wish Dice would make me a legitmate Battlefield 3. You know, PC only and full of awesome.
I use the past tense because I'm a Bad Company man nowadays :) yeah a PC only version....hahahahaha not gonna happen I'm afraid. Even if they did make it there would be no dedicated servers, or modding tools etc etc. Hate to break it to you but its consoles first, PC's afterthought in the FPS market these days. How does it feel to have the genre you built turn around and snub you? :)

soultwister

Nov 26, 2009
she loved you, she didn't want those comics and games to be your whole life, i understand that, how can you just move out to play some more games over trying to settle things down with your own wife, she wouldn't treat the whole thing so seriously if you had a looser connection to your inner nerd, like any normal person, any of this wouldn't happen if you have the balls to set things straight from the beginning, instead you curl in a corner and then blame ev'rything on her, you didn't have a slight idea of what she was going through, how can you call her a *****

people grow up, they keep interest in their old hobbies, but you can't be a 7 year old your whole life

ThatOneJewYouNo

Sep 22, 2009
I really think that the only thing I would've done differently was leave a sticky note where the car was originally parked saying "I'm going out for a pack of smokes" to get a sense of irony.