Reliable Source: Tokyo Game Show and Nintendo's New Handheld

Marion Cox

Sep 29, 2009
Reliable Source: Tokyo Game Show and Nintendo's New Handheld

Mr. Marion Cox is taking over Reliable Source to bring you the latest gossip and rumors from the games industry.

Read Full Article

Textbook Bobcat

Sep 9, 2009
The sad thing is, it really wouldn't surprise me if there was a Guitar Hero Game & Watch.

What with their "threats" of releasing Plug and Play Hero games.

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
It is speculated that the reason the Game and Watch handhelds are experiencing a resurgence is due to Nintendo's statements that they wished to "broaden the moveset for Game & Watch" in their best seller Super Smash Bros. The character is speculated to have, in the next game, attacks such as pretending to be a monk and initiating "Star Power". Nintendo Officials described it as "teh pwnzor", stating that the previous incarnations of the character were something called "fail". It is still being determined whether those Nintendo Officials were total douchebags. Sources suggest yes.

[small]Where are you Wilson?
EDIT: My comments regarding Wilson are not to say that this issue was in any way bad.[/small]

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
Hey, I give Marion some credit here. The level of sarcasm wasn't the same as previous RS articles, but I will let that slide under the assumption that this got tossed on her at the last minute.

I did like the handheld bit. I still have a couple of those suckers from the 80's!

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Gruchul said:
These stories seem believeable. I'm suspicious.
This. These stories were definitely more "scarily could be true" than "hilariously, wet yourself funny", but damn, still good :)

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Sorry Marion, it just isn't the same.

[small]Where are you Wilson?[/small]
I'm of the mind that this issue was more readable than past ones. The first one I read had so much sarcasm I could taste it. It felt like it was going further than The Onion normally does. I rather enjoyed this issue with things toned down a bit. It could, however, use a little bit more length to some of the articles.

For a last minute job, though. Nice :)

Feb 13, 2008
Frizzle said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Sorry Marion, it just isn't the same.

[small]Where are you Wilson?[/small]
I'm of the mind that this issue was more readable than past ones. The first one I read had so much sarcasm I could taste it. It felt like it was going further than The Onion normally does. I rather enjoyed this issue with things toned down a bit. It could, however, use a little bit more length to some of the articles.

For a last minute job, though. Nice :)
Yeah, I may have been a little unfair there. I just really enjoyed Wilson's razor sarcasm.

Krakyn

Mar 3, 2009
Wasn't the last story true? I...I don't know if this was done correctly.

Markness

Apr 23, 2008
Could use a bit more sarcasm to sort out the fact from the fiction. Was the last story true? I don't really know.

nonroker

Aug 13, 2009
Dont' make jokes about Modern warfare 2! My heart can't take it! If Dragonage is delayed I'll have to kill myself. AGAIN.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I am so gonna be pissed if Dragon Age is delayed, god i hate COD. First i have tons of people go on and on about it in my year, now this?
I just don't see the appeal of FPS', you beat the campaign and then you just multiplayer where's the replay value?

Art_Vandalay

May 19, 2009
From the sound of the beginning of the article, im not going to say exactly but it sounds like Wilson "meeps with the phishes"

RIP Wilson.

We'll miss the sarcasm so thick you could chop it up and eat it for dinner, but a nice start for Marion to be sure. Loved the handheld article, the jab at pykroloft, and the baby-napping of Dead Rising by the evil western devlopers.