Relic Games Offering Free Dawn of War Steam Codes for Owners of Boxed Retail Version

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Relic Games Offering Free Dawn of War Steam Codes for Owners of Boxed Retail Version

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1364/1364553.jpgThanks to Relic and Sega, you can get your boxed copy of Dawn of War on Steam without spending a dime.

If you've still got your retail boxed copy of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War, Sega and Relic Games have announced that that you can get a free Steam key for the game. The announcement came on the Dawn of War III forums [https://community.dawnofwar.com/discussion/8728/how-to-exchange-boxed-copies-for-steam-keys] yesterday, and reads in part,

"Do you own boxed copies of Dawn of War, but don't own the game on Steam? We are supplying owners of boxed copies with free Steam keys so you can continue to enjoy Dawn of War without having to pay again."

All you need to do to take advantage of this offer is head over to Sega's support site and open a ticket [https://support.sega.co.uk/hc/en-us/requests/new]. It's worth noting that you may have to verify that you own a boxed copy, and that could mean sending in a photo of your game box, or providing other information.

Still, it's a great way to relegate that boxed copy of Dawn of War to the closet without losing access to a great RTS. It's also a great way to warm up for the release of Dawn of War III [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167889-Check-Out-12-Minutes-of-Narrated-Dawn-of-War-3-Gameplay] in 2017.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
At risk of sounding either really smug or really dumb, Steam has a "Activate Product on Steam" function that already does this.

That's how I registered DoW I & Expansions to my Steam account, despite buying them off Amazon. Presumably if you have the box you still have the CD key.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Aeshi said:
At risk of sounding either really smug or really dumb, Steam has a "Activate Product on Steam" function that already does this.

That's how I registered DoW I & Expansions to my Steam account, despite buying them off Amazon. Presumably if you have the box you still have the CD key.
Not quite. The CD-Keys that come with the boxed editions of the game don't fit the CD-Key formats recognized by Steam.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
We've had this conversation before, but I still think Sindri sounds like an absolute joke. Like a cartoonish Scooby Doo villain who would have got away with it too were it not for you pesky Blood Ravens. He never felt like a real threat or anything. Just a smug fuck face with a dumb voice.

Aug 31, 2012
Silentpony said:
We've had this conversation before, but I still think Sindri sounds like an absolute joke. Like a cartoonish Scooby Doo villain who would have got away with it too were it not for you pesky Blood Ravens. He never felt like a real threat or anything. Just a smug fuck face with a dumb voice.
Fits the game perfectly then :p

J.McMillen

Sep 11, 2008
ffronw said:
Um... Sega was already doing this. I sent copy's of my box codes to them nearly 2 years ago and got Steam codes within a few days.

From Steam's Dawn of War forum:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/4570/discussions/0/535150948618039156/

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Hey man motherfuckin Sindri turned into a Daemon Prince.

Do you know how hard it was to kill him like that?

And besides I am a sucker for these cartoonishly evil villains.

I like Beastwars Megatron, I like Liquad Snake and Ocelot from Metal Gear Solid 1 Twin Snakes, I like pretty much anything voiced by Tony Jay. Oh and Scar:

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Wasn't hard at all dude. Roll up with rhinos filled with tac squads all with 4 rocket launchers, have a bunch of whirlwinds in the back and deepstrike in Terminator squads. Took the bastard down in less than a minute. That was one of beauties of vanilla DoW. Rocket Spam!

And I think part of the reason I don't like the cartoonish voice is because its so at odds with what's going on. I mean here we have a crazed bio-engineered super soldier sorcerer corrupting Librarians and making pacts with greater daemons, and he sounds like Kathy Ireland in Alien from LA.

I mean what happens when a Word Bearer gets his jaw blown off by a grenade? Does he just communicate with Harpo Marx's horn?
I mean its funny. Just not what I picture a ten thousand year old traitor who skins children alive for fun would sound like.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Wasn't hard at all dude. Roll up with rhinos filled with tac squads all with 4 rocket launchers, have a bunch of whirlwinds in the back and deepstrike in Terminator squads. Took the bastard down in less than a minute. That was one of beauties of vanilla DoW. Rocket Spam!

And I think part of the reason I don't like the cartoonish voice is because its so at odds with what's going on. I mean here we have a crazed bio-engineered super soldier sorcerer corrupting Librarians and making pacts with greater daemons, and he sounds like Kathy Ireland in Alien from LA.

I mean what happens when a Word Bearer gets his jaw blown off by a grenade? Does he just communicate with Harpo Marx's horn?
I mean its funny. Just not what I picture a ten thousand year old traitor who skins children alive for fun would sound like.
What if Sindri was a Fantasy or 40k Chaos Lord dedicated to Slaanesh?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
It's a tough call. Because I just said I don't like the disconnect in voice, but Slaanesh is all about seduction. So a terrible planet murdering Chaos Marine with a living person impaled on his bio-engineered dick while swinging a sword made of Eldar bones could very well have the voice of Angelia Jolie. Or even that of Mark Hamill's Joker.

So I'm not opposed to it in Slaanesh's case, but it has to be very specific and they have to go all out.

Fantasy, no not really. Vikings don't squeak.

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
It's a tough call. Because I just said I don't like the disconnect in voice, but Slaanesh is all about seduction. So a terrible planet murdering Chaos Marine with a living person impaled on his bio-engineered dick while swinging a sword made of Eldar bones could very well have the voice of Angelia Jolie. Or even that of Mark Hamill's Joker.

So I'm not opposed to it in Slaanesh's case, but it has to be very specific and they have to go all out.

Fantasy, no not really. Vikings don't squeak.
Not all Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Lords are Vikings, look at Sigvald, THE MAGNIFICANT!!!

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sigvald_the_Magnificent

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Silentpony said:
Samtemdo8 said:
Well sure, Lord Fabulous Pants can have a more feminine voice, but like this fucker:

shouldn't have the voice of Cobra Commander.
From what I have been told the "Viking" Chaos Warriors dedicated to Slaanesh have the apperence of that of BDSM freaks who enjoy peeling thier skin to expose thier flesh, were freaky tattoes, and hairless, and pierce themselves EVERYWHERE.

At least the Chaos Space Marines dedicated to Slaanesh have the decency to still wear their power armor if they do?

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
Erm.........already did this on steam myself, and relic/sega was doing this a couple years back with any key that did not work. oddly enough my soul storm did not work, every other cd key did.