Relive the Magic of Harry Potter Years 1-4, Lego Style

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Relive the Magic of Harry Potter Years 1-4, Lego Style

Put on your very own Sorting Hat and watch the latest trailer for Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4, featuring trolls, magic mirrors, Platform 9 3/4, and of course Quidditch.

I'm not afraid to admit it: I really loved the Harry Potter books. And there's a strange sense of pure childish joy from seeing the characters rendered faithfully (well, as faithfully as possible) in the iconic yellow brick Lego style.

All of the footage in this trailer seems to come from the first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry - that would be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (or Philosopher's Stone if you live somewhere that's not the USA) - but the game covers the first four books of the series: Chamber of Secrets, Prisoner of Azkaban, and Goblet of Fire.

This of course means that there are three books (three very, very long books) left to go, and I'd bet good money that Years 5-7 will hit in Fall 2011 to coincide with the release of the second half of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (the movie version, naturally) in theaters.

The best part of this trailer, of course, is the entrance to Diagon Alley - what, did you think the people making a Lego game wouldn't seize the opportunity to show off a magical brick?

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I seen this the other day and i was honestly intrested. I was curious why they dont show other years besides the first year int he trailer? I liked the movie tie in games so i think lego will do a good job with the series. My only hope is that they make the game long and cover all the events of each year and not just skip parts to rush the story ahead.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
YES YES YES YES! =D
I love lego games! And Harry Potter!
This can only be awesome. :D

Excuse my childish excitement.

Kiefer13

Wizzard
Jul 31, 2008
I'm actually surprised this didn't happen sooner. The only other recent LEGO game I played was LEGO Star Wars, but that was awesome, so going from that this looks like it could be really fun.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
So it's a Re-Skinned Lego star wars?
Nothing wrong with that, but really, how far can you go with brawling and floating blocks?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
You know, most every Harry Potter game I've seen so far has been a pile of wank.

I wouldn't mind this being the exception, since anything Lego should by definition be awesome.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
I find it funny that that piece of music still gives me goosebumps when hearing it...

This looks kind've interesting, I'll most likely rent it..

Modab

Dec 10, 2009
I have figured it out! The Lego people will only do adventure games featuring music by John Williams! The series will continue to be popular with the releases of Lego Superman and Lego Jurassic Park, but will end after the commercial failures of Lego Home Alone and Lego Schindler's List.

Soxafloppin

Coxa no longer floppin'
Jun 22, 2009
I had one of the first harry potter games for the cube, it sucked.

This however looks like it could be fun. Still not gonna buy it mind.

J a m m y

Apr 14, 2009
Modab said:
I have figured it out! The Lego people will only do adventure games featuring music by John Williams! The series will continue to be popular with the releases of Lego Superman and Lego Jurassic Park, but will end after the commercial failures of Lego Home Alone and Lego Schindler's List.
*Points to this [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lego_Batman_(video_game)]*

DJPirtu

Nov 24, 2008
Is anybody else visioning a future, where Legos, as toys, are nearly all forgotten, lingering in the backs of some old folks and in their tales of the good old times, but Lego videogames live on, continuously parodying any and all popular mass media fanchises.

Nobody's quite sure, why is everything in these games made of these bizzare blocks and where the character get their stange appearances, but it's just the way it's always been.

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
coxafloppin said:
I had one of the first harry potter games for the cube, it sucked.

This however looks like it could be fun. Still not gonna buy it mind.
i had the very first harry potter game for the playstation 1. (fun enough for me to complete it 10 times)

rokkolpo

Aug 29, 2009
i'm happy no one has a monopoly on harry. so it can come out on every console.

with ps2-ps3 same graphics. since it lego.

Apr 17, 2009
Ah, nice to see this coming along. Both me and my sister like this kind of game. She said to me recently when i visited home that she was playing the Indiana Jones and Batman lego games, so this coming out should cheer her up :p

Lego Jurassic Park
That would kick ass. However you look at it, kicking of ass would be done

Billygoat

Keyblade Master
Jul 11, 2009
I wonder are they just going to stick with the newest layout of Hogwarts or will it change in accordance with the films, most notably after Chris Columbus stopped directing them. Should be fun though even if I've found lego games in the past just to be way too easy but I know they're meant to be that way, fun for all.

cleverlymadeup

Mar 7, 2008
i have to say the lego games are pretty fun, there's not much to them but they do have a lot of good humour in them and you can smash the crap out of everything in the level

at least with these games they might not cut out as much from the books as they did in the movies, especially the last one

Mr. Fister

Jun 21, 2008
This is actually pretty interesting, and I've played every LEGO _____ game to date. Definitely checking it out.

And I'd like to see a LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean or LEGO Lord of the Rings someday. You can't deny that they would be awesome.