Remedy Releases a Stellar New Alan Wake Trailer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Remedy Releases a Stellar New Alan Wake Trailer

The release of this awesome-looking trailer for Alan Wake [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76175] drives it home: Dudes, this game is actually coming out in a few weeks. Who would have guessed?

For a long time, Remedy Entertainment's Alan Wake was only slightly behind Duke Nukem Forever in terms of being synonymous with "vaporware." First announced at E3 2005, Alan Wake was initially supposed to be one of the big DirectX10 titles to help sell Windows Vista... but those plans ended up scrapped, with Remedy instead focusing on the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Against all odds, though, the game is actually coming out - next month, as a matter of fact. If the above trailer doesn't get you excited (or at least intrigued) in Remedy's psychological thriller, then... um, it should. So, that's your fault or something. The game looks gorgeous, and hopefully plays as well as it looks.

Alan Wake is out on May 18th in North America and May 14th in Europe. Who's going to get it?

Jul 22, 2009
Still not convinced on this. Definitely not getting it on launch as that moneys saved for Lost Planet 2.

But maybe when it's cheaper I'll pick it up.

Martster

Rated EC-10 Condemned
Mar 17, 2010
I'm sold, then again I was already :D

I pre-ordered the collectors edition back in Feb, so glad its almost here

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Let' see... 3rd-person shooter + spooky horror story + Nathan Drake. I'm kinda perplexed as to why this took so long to make.

I'll pass on this one; the story seems contrived at best. 'Course, my 360 hasn't even been turned on in a few months, so this might be a good chance to use it. Gotta keep my eye on this one.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I dunno. It does look sexy, but it's just not grabbing me. I would guess it's because I was expecting more of a Silent Hill out of it based on the earlier news about it but it looks like it's become more of an action game in the mean time. Definitely not a day 1 pick up for me but I'm interested in seeing what the general consensus is once it's out.

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
Am I the only person completely uninterested in this game?

It really doesn't appeal to me.

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
sooperman said:
Let' see... 3rd-person shooter + spooky horror story + Nathan Drake. I'm kinda perplexed as to why this took so long to make.

I'll pass on this one; the story seems contrived at best. 'Course, my 360 hasn't even been turned on in a few months, so this might be a good chance to use it. Gotta keep my eye on this one.
Where'd you get Nathan Drake from?

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Lots of big things flying at you? Lots of jumping off of massive cliffs dramatically into pools of water below? Weird and freaky horror things? What's not to like?!

I dunno if I'll be getting it, but it looks kind of interesting. I find it amusing that they repeat most of the scenes that are meant to be awe-inspiring in the trailer alone... Who knows how many times they'll repeat stuff in the game itself?

Rhayn

Free of All Weakness
Jul 8, 2008
I would've if they hadn't dropped the PC version. I don't have nor want an XBox, so this one will end up being a forced pass. I would've gladly supported my fellow countrymen, but alas, Microsoft had to pull that little dickmove.

Such a shame. The trailer was very interesting.

Also, unrelated, but don't we already have DirectX 11? I haven't really been keeping track of this stuff.

Metal Brother

Jan 4, 2010
I wish they would release a PC version. I prefer my Xbox for casual games and media, and my PC for real gaming...

Idlemessiah

Zombie Steve Irwin
Feb 22, 2009
I'd never even heard of this until that 'Poll of the Day' a few days ago. Now it looks like an ideal candidate for expanding my games library. Plus it comes out the day after I finish my exams, bonus!

EDIT: I also have an excuse to lord it over the PS3 fanboy I live with cause he can't play it!! Hahahaha!

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
I will probably get this when i get some spare cash, but i'm using my cash at the moment for Red Dead Redemption :p

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Didnt know it was going to be out earlier in EU. Thats cool.

Already pre-ordered so im looking forward to my copy!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Flamezdudes said:
I will probably get this when i get some spare cash, but i'm using my cash at the moment for Red Dead Redemption :p
Heck yeah.
This does look interesting, but coming out the same day as Red Dead Redemption? That sucks.
I can only buy games once and a while, and Red Dead gets my money for sure.

But I'll keep an eye on this for sure. Who knows! It might be one of those 'Critics love it but it doesn't sell well so it goes to the bargain bin early, but it's a really great game' titles! Then I'll totally get it sooner then later!

Dr. Awesome Face

Jan 11, 2010
looks awesome absolutely can't wait. I am even considering getting the special edition, that is not something I usually do for games I have never played. That is of course if there are any left on launch day.

Trailer is freaking awesome, this will be a launch day buy methinks.