Remember Me's Nilin Shows How Memories Get Molded

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Remember Me's Nilin Shows How Memories Get Molded

Just changing the location of a bottle can alter a man's entire, shortened life.

"Every day," says Dontnod's Jean-Maxime Moris, "everything that we see, hear, feel and learn gets stored in real-time, in our brains." But it isn't safely stored in there, not when there's memory hunter Nilin about. This latest trailer from Dontnod shows off some of the tricks you can pull, when a person's memories are as malleable as clay. Just a few misplaced items are all it might take to send someone well off the deep end; but at least it's for a good cause, right?

Nilin's the only thing that stands between Sensen and Memorize's dominance in the brain-bending dystopian future that is Paris, 2084. But she has a few problems of her own; the enemy got to her and wiped her mind, which is why you - as Nilin - have to go around scraping bits of it off the landscape. Remixing your own fight combos is a nice touch, and works well with the premise; but beware the vampiric Leapers, as they want to drain everyone's minds.

This title's due June 2013, for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
I really like the look of this game, especially the setting, but I still can't help but feel the digital thing on the characters necks is not very well designed. It should be noticeable without it being a distraction, but I find my eyes constantly drawn towards it, as it's the only thing that doesn't "fit".

I think it will be worth a buy, but I reckon it'll be a good idea to find out how long the game is before deciding whether to wait for a price drop or not.

havoc33

Jun 26, 2012
Legion said:
I really like the look of this game, especially the setting, but I still can't help but feel the digital thing on the characters necks is not very well designed. It should be noticeable without it being a distraction, but I find my eyes constantly drawn towards it, as it's the only thing that doesn't "fit".

I think it will be worth a buy, but I reckon it'll be a good idea to find out how long the game is before deciding whether to wait for a price drop or not.
You are so right about that neck thing... that's a huge design mistake right there. I can't believe that was not removed during initial work group feedbacks. Having that constant animation going on in their necks actually kills the immersion for me. Too bad, cause the rest looks awesome.

PirateRose

Aug 13, 2008
dunam said:
Soooo... this group is against the power of memorize over people's memories, yet the revolutionary you play as steals memories in order to take them down?

I hope they are aware of the hypocrisy she exhibits, that would help set the stage for an amazing story.
Well you know, it's like any other game. Bad guys use guns to kill people, bad guys use magic to kill people, hero uses the same guns or the same magic to kill the bad guys.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
really looks interesting. just hope that the fighting on the pc version is well optimized. already put my pre order in.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
Okay, I'm interested now. But I am still going to wait a year before I buy this game. I did the same thing with Dragons Dogma and that paid off quite well.

But god damn it. You guys just had to point out that memory thing and now I just can't stop noticing it myself >.<

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
I am looking forward to this game. I like that the enemies that memories you overload will get up but not remember stuff about themselves. I liked how she altered that man's memories. I am hoping she will be able to do that to everyone including random NPCs. I want to alter the memories of some guy walking down the street in the game or a woman sitting down and watching TV.

Shuu

Apr 23, 2013
I look forward to buying this game. Not necessarily playing it, I don't know all that much about it, but I look forward to being able to say "look what I'm doing game's industry! I'm buying a game with a female protagonist! you better stop me before I destroy reality!" then run awat giggling.