Remember that mission in Prypiat on Call of Duty 4? Well take a look at this...

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
http://englishrussia.com/?p=293

there ya go.

I saw these pics years ago.

[small]Oh god, I'm turning into a hipster[/small]

BlueberryMUNCH

Apr 15, 2010
Ah yes, they really did a good job recreating it; remember seeing the comparison pics a while back.

You never heard of Chernobyl, though?! Jeez!

I think, in it's own way, it's a beautiful city. Haunting, eerie, and tragic; but also strangely beautiful. Maybe it's the fusion with nature and the tranquillity of it all...I dunno.

Anyone get what I mean, or do I just sound like a total weirdo?

WaffleGod

Oct 22, 2008
So, how come that some people don't know this? Seriously? It's one of the biggest historical events in the 20th century? It's like not knowing Hiroshima and Nagasaki were nuked...

kidwithxboxlive

Aug 24, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
It's the doggie den!

And the Veteran difficulty camping spot!

Veteran camping spot? NO!
i was in one of the booths near the ferris wheel. i got grenade spammed but i actually only threw out 2 grenades and got hit by lots of flash bangs

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I agree that what happened there is haunting, as my home country wan't too far from it, and some fallout had made it's way there as well.

(slightly) off topic: Whenever Nuclear missiles are brought up, I always think of The Iron Giant, anyone else?

robot slipper

Dec 29, 2010
Wow, very creepy photos, and the shots of the classrooms are particularly chilling.

The whole plants-growing-over-everything situation is very "The Day of the Triffids".

Nannernade

May 18, 2009
Wow that really is bone chilling, the thing that really gave me chills was the amusement park, left to rot while nature reclaims the territory, also the poster of putting on gas masks. >.<

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Aphex Demon said:
"Get out of here, Stalker!"
My god... it's crazy how accurate the game is compared to the actual landmark.
Looking at those photos, i honestly felt like i had already been there and seen all of this before.
I was half hoping for a shot of a rabid dog or a bloodsucker to pop up during that blog, but no such luck. Still, awesome shots. thanks for sharing with us.
-tabs<3-
There's some geographical errors in Shadow of Chernobyl, with relation to where Pripyat is in relation to the plant, but beyond that, remember, GSC is less than 100km from the place, they actually visited Pripyat several times while making Stalker, in order to iron out the accuracy.

Enemy Of The State

May 31, 2010
The Cheezy One said:
Fifty thousand people used to live here, now it's a ghost town (ingrained into my skull - I still play the campaign to relieve myself from the Blops tragedy) - as said by:
Gaz, too awesome to live (come one its been 3 years now. It doesn't count as a spoiler)
MacMillian, too awesome to die!
"Too much radiation... we'll have to go around."

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Thedutchjelle said:
Here's a photograph made of the forest after the accident. You can see why they call it the Red Forest
[http://img339.imageshack.us/i/redforest3.jpg/]
Yeah, it's easy to forget that The Red Forrest, easily one of the most terrifying maps in Clear Sky, is based on a real place.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
The Cheezy One said:
Fifty thousand people used to live here, now it's a ghost town (ingrained into my skull - I still play the campaign to relieve myself from the Blops tragedy) - as said by:
Gaz, too awesome to live (come one its been 3 years now. It doesn't count as a spoiler)
If you haven't yet, STALKER Call of Pripyat also has a chilling rendition of the city.

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
Its very true many think Chernobyl is a fictional place, or never even heard of it!

Those many are my classmates.

May 5, 2010
Ok, apparently people are stupid. I'm pretty sure most people knew that Pripyat was a real place, but they may not have known that Infinity Ward painstaking recreated actual locations from the city.

I think it's pretty damn cool.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Why are people being so negative? Leaving comments like he is claiming to have been a fan of a band before they were popular.

I knew this place exsisted and the little incident they had, just never seen real life pictures of it. It's pretty awesome, I wonder how many other real life places have been used?

Rkiver

High King of Tara
Mar 30, 2010
Mechsoap said:
Its very true many think Chernobyl is a fictional place, or never even heard of it!

Those many are my classmates.
Considering it's the worst nuclear accident ever that's a sad thing that many have no clue of it....basic world history people.

But yes, Prypiat is a haunting looking place, and the TV show people mentioned is Life After People, was on the History Channel and Discovery also.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Starke said:
The Cheezy One said:
If you haven't yet, STALKER Call of Pripyat also has a chilling rendition of the city.
I got a free download with my motherboard that I got for Christmas, but I need to make space on my harddrive before I can download it. Will be awesome! I also enjoyed the SoC Pripyat, but that was less then amazing with the limited graphics