Remembering Adult Swim Classic Harvey Birdman

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
I really loved the intro.

<youtube=n0CmqdivcaY>

Such a good show.

TripleDaddy

Mar 17, 2010
How can you do a column about Harvey Birdman and not mention Judge Mentok the Mindtaker? Bweeeeoooooooop.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
That was my favourite show out of the birth of the Adult Swim era follow second by Sealab 2021. Man I missed that show (you forgot to mention that the final episode they literally killed him off)!

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Sealab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Brak Show, and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law were my favorite of the Adult Swim originals. I really can't pin down parts of it that were "ironic", "meta", "self-commentary", or any other thinky big words like those; I just thought they were just doing what they thought was funny. Aside from The Venture Brothers and Superjail, lots of [as] originals don't have that something extra that extends beyond the one-joke premise. I'm going to sound old for this, but I think Aqua Teen is still being made because its so cheap instead of doing anything clever, Metalocalypse gets repetitive with a massacre every episode, Robot Chicken tried too hard last season, and Morel Orel is just crap.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
The whitefish shtick gets me every time. Any time Mentok is the judge is always a good laugh too.

TripleDaddy

Mar 17, 2010
Darth_Payn said:
Sealab 2021, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Brak Show, and Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law were my favorite of the Adult Swim originals. I really can't pin down parts of it that were "ironic", "meta", "self-commentary", or any other thinky big words like those; I just thought they were just doing what they thought was funny. Aside from The Venture Brothers and Superjail, lots of [as] originals don't have that something extra that extends beyond the one-joke premise. I'm going to sound old for this, but I think Aqua Teen is still being made because its so cheap instead of doing anything clever, Metalocalypse gets repetitive with a massacre every episode, Robot Chicken tried too hard last season, and Morel Orel is just crap.
Throw in Home Movies and Cowboy Bebop and that's the lineup that got me watching Adult Swim.

<youtube=h9CnXYQMTUw>

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
Sealab was the best. Birdman was good. Aquateens is great. But Sealab was so good it made it on Archer.

Clankenbeard

Clerical Error
Mar 29, 2009
Harvey Birdman was great. But not becasue of Birdman--because of the ridiculous lawsuits and crazy cameos. Captain Caveman protesting creationism in public schools. Secret Squirrel flashing. And oh my glob, Stephen Colbert as Phil Ken Sebben. My favorite episodes we the ones with Harvey's arch nemesis "X the Eliminator" and his Death Console. Peanut?--Meh.

"Did you get that thing I sent you?" Yes. Yes, I did.

Mar 26, 2008
I loved Harvey Birdman: AAL! My wife hated it because she thought it was too nonsensical and over the top, but that was it's whole appeal.

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Harvey, Sealab 2021, ATHF, and Brak were the top reasons for me to watch Adult Swim back in the day aside from later Futurama reruns, the ever present Cowboy Bebop and runs of Trigun and Inuyasha as well as the inception of Robot Chicken and Venture Brothers. Aside from those reasons, once the switchover to the horrid live action crap they started greenlighting, and the Tim and Eric era (I really disliked their stuff, sorry), I quit watching AS other than to catch new VB, Robot Chicken and Metalocalypse. I really feel the live action stuff aside from Loiter Squad and Eric Andre Show, were just not funny and so out of sync with what I felt put Adult Swim on the map and made them a driving force of late night adult TV. Hell AS had its hand in getting Futurama and Family Guy back on the air but I haven't watched a block of it since late 2007/early 2008 or so, just snippets here and there.
Oh and I forgot Boondocks... great cartoon there.

FrozenCones

Dec 31, 2009
All time favorite quote

Phil: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe, and from this side only! The flight of a half-man, half-bird. Dinosaurs nuzzling their young in pastures where strip-malls should be. Cookies on dowels. All those moments lost in time; gone like eggs off a hooker's stomach. Time to die."

chaser5000

Sep 11, 2012
Now you brought Birdman up I got to watch it, Sealab 2021 too. ATHF and the Brak show are kind of hit or miss with me, either the whole episode has me laughing or none of it does. Best part of the Brak show "three hams will kill him" my sister and I still quote that episode. Another I miss is Titan Maximum, I can't believe the show was canceled after one season while crap like Squidbillies, Tim and eric, Morel Oral, pretty much anything live action, and that show about that mouse(I can't remember what it was actually called) seemed to go forever.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
BACK OFF! I'll make you teensy!

I loved how distracted Reducto would get in court.

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
I miss Space Ghost. It was the only late night talk show that I gave a shit about. Why can't the show just be back! I miss it so much... oh nostalgia.