Removed

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
Titan quest DOES have loading during play and that's when you teleport. The wait is not very long, but it is there.

I agree Titan Quest is the best Diablo-clone out there and I agree with your reasoning. Still I think you could've said more about the class/skill balance though, since it's your biggest point.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
great review. i love that some actually know of this obscure game, since its my 2nd favorite of all time.

the game has a low amount of loading time, but it is there.

i didnt see anything wrong with the scenario, im a huge mythology geek as well, but i didnt see any typos or something like that, but ill agree its slightly ridicolous to kill a Titan, 3 Telkines and a God.

veloper

Jan 20, 2009
joethekoeller said:
veloper said:
Titan quest DOES have loading during play and that's when you teleport. The wait is not very long, but it is there.

I agree Titan Quest is the best Diablo-clone out there and I agree with your reasoning. Still I think you could've said more about the class/skill balance though, since it's your biggest point.
Oh bugger. You're right of course, it does have that bit of loading.

Also my biggest point is not the skill and class system balance, but the fact that it works. And I really don't know what else I should say about that. Either you take my word for it or you don't. I guess I could explain the tidbits of the skill system and what the process of levelling up entails, but I don't really see the point of it.
I would've said something along the lines of:

the character system has some real depth to it; most skills are useful in some character build, but it does matter alot what combinations you pick. You need to figure out what combinations work optimally, but you can respec in some cities, if you make a mistake.
It's not perfect, since some class combos are alot easier to do well, like spirit or earth with another mage class, opposed to doing something with rogue (though rogue/hunter can be optimised for very high DPS).

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Good review. But Titan's Quest is a obscure game? I never considered it one. :)

Good luck in the Wars!

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
Hm.
Sounds interesting.

Will check it out if I come by a copy.

Nicely written
It's on Steam for (English) £10.00.

OT: nice review, might get it off steam, although not right now.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Too bad Iron Lore Entertainment went under; if Titan Quest was any indication, those guys had great potential. In any case, for what it's worth, Titan Quest was as good an introduction/swansong combo as any.