Removed

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Flatout 2 is one of the few racing games I bothered to complete. For all the above mentioned reasons.

Nice work killer.

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
Another great review. I remember finding this game fun, but never pursuing it past the demo. Maybe I'll have to change that.

Honestly though, I'm a little bit disappointed in you for quoting Yahtzee. Quoting that crazy bastard always detracts a bit of the personality from a review, I believe.

Looking forward to your next one, as always.

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
joethekoeller said:
Pimppeter2 said:
Flatout 2 is one of the few racing games I bothered to complete. For all the above mentioned reasons.

Nice work killer.
Your obligatory response is appreciated, as always.
SniperWolf427 said:
Another great review. I remember finding this game fun, but never pursuing it past the demo. Maybe I'll have to change that.

Honestly though, I'm a little bit disappointed in you for quoting Yahtzee. Quoting that crazy bastard always detracts a bit of the personality from a review, I believe.

Looking forward to your next one, as always.
I agree, the Yahtzee vibe got a bit excessive this time. I'll refrain from repeating that.
By the way, I read your new introductory paragraph on your lack of reviews for the past two weeks. I found the press release funny, but you should break it up a bit more, actually separating the italicized comments and the actual speech from each other. It would make it less confusing at times. Regardless, figured I'd tell you that I did indeed notice your lack of entries in the "Niche" series, but refrained from asking you on the basis that it would seem particularly creepy.

However, after reading this intro, I felt like telling you that your reviews are my favorite ones to read on the entire site. Seriously. I can tell you put a great deal of effort into every single one and it really pays off. Your writing style is killer and there are generally very few problems I notice in your reviews. And believe me, I fucking love nitpicking. You do a excellent fucking job mate and I would definitely continue reading all of yours.

Whether you choose to continue writing them or not, I just wanted to say that you certainly have one fan of "Niche Appeal".

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
joethekoeller said:
SniperWolf427 said:
By the way, I read your new introductory paragraph on your lack of reviews for the past two weeks. I found the press release funny, but you should break it up a bit more, actually separating the italicized comments and the actual speech from each other. It would make it less confusing at times. Regardless, figured I'd tell you that I did indeed notice your lack of entries in the "Niche" series, but refrained from asking you on the basis that it would seem particularly creepy.

However, after reading this intro, I felt like telling you that your reviews are my favorite ones to read on the entire site. Seriously. I can tell you put a great deal of effort into every single one and it really pays off. Your writing style is killer and there are generally very few problems I notice in your reviews. And believe me, I fucking love nitpicking. You do a excellent fucking job mate and I would definitely continue reading all of yours.

Whether you choose to continue writing them or not, I just wanted to say that you certainly have one fan of "Niche Appeal".
That one gave me a fuzzy, warm feeling to the chest. And now I feel the urge to say something manly to sound less gay, here goes: Monster trucks.

I was actually beginning to wonder if anybody ever read those introductions. Comment status is low enough as it is on my actual reviews, but this is actually the first time somebody has even acknowledged the existence of these few paragraphs. Now I can stop doubting my sanity. For the next 30 seconds at least.

As for the future of this series, I do believe that my press release is overly negative in hindsight. I plan on entering the new Review War, so unless my ambitions skyrocket to unknown heights the chances of a new entry this week are pretty slim, but I am fairly confident that I will continue this thing. If not on a predictable weekly basis then at least on a shaky biweekly one. Better than nothing I guess.
I used the word 'killer' a couple times, so that counterbalanced the gay in mine.

As for your lack of comments, I feel that it is indeed your own creation that is dragging you down. People read reviews on games that interest them, and if they've never heard of the game, or if it doesn't appeal to them, they won't read.

Maybe you should do some more popular games as a PR booster and then continue with the obscure ones once you have a solid fanbase. Hell, doing the reviews of Stalker, Metro 2033, and R.U.S.E were the best thing that happened to me. On the other hand, I had several reviews of less popular things that had nary a single comment. It's all in the subject matter I believe.

Also, in a sort of business suit style proposition, maybe we could work together on something in the future. As I've said, I enjoy your writing style a great deal and feel as if we both are a tad under appreciated in the review scene here (Maybe due to heavy hitters like Pimp, Domble, Rahu, and that Saving Princess guy just to name a few), so maybe a collaboration would bring in some much needed attention.

Regardless, as I've said before, try to do a major game release. Or, you could completely trash a well-known game for attention like several other people have done...

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Ha you shouldn't worry about the lack of comments, by the look of things you get a lot more than me, every time one of my reviews gets no comments I die a bit inside...

Oh and the review... great as ever, well done.