Removed

Stranger of Sorts

Individual #472
Aug 23, 2009
Oooo I'm in the intro box, this is good news! Great review as well, how often are you going to be doing these now?

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
I remember this game... it blew my mind at the time (yes, really).

Unfortunately, I lost it and can't find it in stores anymore. :(

Also: Was I the only one who was deeply disturbed by the murder scenes?

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Huh good review and as usual good structure and spelling; I've never heard of this game either but it sounds like it would intrigue me enough to buy if its in the 'niche' pricing net. What platform and what price is this game listed at?

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Forgive me for saying so, but as well constructed as your review is, it feels a bit soulless. It's lacking any real personality or style. Still a good read though.

Also, if I could make a suggestion for you next review, Sacrifice is about as bizarre and "niche" as you're likely to find.

Lost In The Void

When in doubt, curl up and cry
Aug 27, 2008
Well thanks for the link; I'll definately be sure to check it out when I get home from work. As for the whole interest in it; I usually like those games that have something outside the box, proves to me that gaming is always worth defending no matter what. Also I'm a pretencious fuck, as seen in my own recent review.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
Nicely written review, sir. I might actually give this game a look (since I loved Psychonauts so much).

And thanks for the mention of a group dedicated to the obscure, Imma go join.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
joethekoeller said:
lacktheknack said:
Also: Was I the only one who was deeply disturbed by the murder scenes?
Hardly. It starts out innocent enough with each robot being attacked in a rather ironic fashion, then we get a bit of violence and O.K., we get it he's dead. Why does the scene go on? And dear lord, did he just sever the head and chop it to bits?
Or rip that one's arms off in an almost Saw style moment before ripping his head off with them? That game could get dark, man.

Stryc9

Elite Member
Nov 12, 2008
Good review, well written and you captured the gist of the game quite well I think. Almost enough to make me want to dig it out and give it another go, then I remembered where I got stuck the last time and well...I'm still thinking about it.

You're right the game could almost stand up on the setting and visuals alone, but not quite. The screenshots on the back of the box are what prompted me to pick this up out of the bargain bin well, not long after it came out actually, it didn't go over very well unfortunately.

It might be good mention that this game was from American McGee as well. This is what he did after Alice and before Bad Day L.A.