Removing citizenship

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Plenty of people hate other people, very few of them ever plot out complex revenge plans.
VS an I.S. terrorist. They might do. Hell her Brother in Law apparently really isn't a fan of her either.

I doubt very much ISIS will care enough to seek her out, if they wanted to hit a target in the UK then there are better ones than a former breeding bride (or whatever the fuck she was) who is under lock and key.
Well there's two claims.

Her claims that she helped with the religious police enforcement arm of I.S. and her husbands who claims she was sheltered from it all and he only let her look after the house and the kids and she did nothing more.

Reports from others have claimed however she was very active and even helped sew suicide bombers into their suicide vests and other such things along with enforcing religious "police" laws.

They may not want her as head of a cell but they might like her back as a recruiter.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
VS an I.S. terrorist. They might do. Hell her Brother in Law apparently really isn't a fan of her either.

Well there's two claims.

Her claims that she helped with the religious police enforcement arm of I.S. and her husbands who claims she was sheltered from it all and he only let her look after the house and the kids and she did nothing more.

Reports from others have claimed however she was very active and even helped sew suicide bombers into their suicide vests and other such things along with enforcing religious "police" laws.

They may not want her as head of a cell but they might like her back as a recruiter.
Risk vs reward; radical Islam hasn’t had much of an issue recruiting angry young idiots to its cause. Unless this woman has literal powers of suggestion like a super villain, they’ll survive just fine on current recruiting methodology.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Risk vs reward; radical Islam hasn’t had much of an issue recruiting angry young idiots to its cause. Unless this woman has literal powers of suggestion like a super villain, they’ll survive just fine on current recruiting methodology.
Never doubt the allure of a young woman to impressionable foolish teenage boys

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Their recruiting is down the shitter, because they've lost.

If a person has grand fantasies of restoring the Caliphate and it turns out that a) the infidels can crush the nascent Caliphate, b) the Caliphate is a corrupt hellhole and c) all the Muslims ruled over by the Caliphate hated it, it removes a lot of the romantic air and optimism. It means nothing more than pointlessly suffering and dying in dust, blood, chaos and misery.

The motivations people had for joining Al-Qaida / ISIS matter. It was, for some people, an opportunity. For psychopaths, an opportunity to commit violence and get away with it. For some religious, a form of piety. For those troubled, an apparent sense of purpose. For some, it's arguably a rational choice. They look at their life and see it offers a dead-end job and an unhappy marriage, decades of disrespect and poverty, potentially in a country that makes them feel unwelcome with racism and doesn't provide the opportunities claimed: but ISIS, maybe ISIS offered honour, respect, pride, achievment, a chance of advancement. Like Achilles, choose glory over a quiet life of mediocrity. So most of these motivations are hard to support any more.

Realistically, most of what's left are the lone cranks, many of which have struggled through mental health disorders, drug use, petty crime, who stagger into something that seems to give them purpose and that they grasp with fanatacism. And even then they'll probably fade away as the "example" of terrorist outrages fade from the news, because these people (as with gun sprees in the states) follow societally-constructed models of how to act. Once they stop seeing exemplars, they will be less likely to copy them. Incidentally, this is why I am opposed to much of the heavy coverage of terrorism: a lot of what it does is give disturbed people who are potential terrorists ideas.