Rename the game(s) you just played or completed.

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Oh I thought you were pretty positive on this one? Or at least clapping back on harsh critics.
Could be that he's positive on one aspect but not another. Like maybe he thinks the gameplay is good but that the story left much to be desired. Or it could even be a reference to a line or story element in the game.

Reactions: Dalisclock

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Like maybe he thinks the gameplay is good but that the story left much to be desired.
The gameplay falls apart at the halfway point. The problem is that they put in platforming when it's not needed, and they give you a character that's not fun to play and it involves luck more than skill. That is where the platforming fails. Rose Quartz sucks. I got stuck on the section and I was not dealing with it. The game is also far too long than it needs to be. There's all these nice upgrades, but most of the melee ones don't matter. That and it gets to the point where the level just over stuff with enemies too much, and they spawn it almost any corner on the side or behind you. The story is pretty much lackluster. Still, only the first game has the best story.

Last edited:

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
The gameplay falls apart at the halfway point. The problem is that ain't throwing platforming when it's not needed and they give you a character that's not fun to play and it involves luck more than skill. That is where the platforming fails. Rose Quartz sucks. I got stuck on the section and I was not dealing with it. The game is also far too long than it needs to be. There's all these nice upgrades, but most of the melee ones don't matter. That and it gets to the point where the level just over stuff with enemies too much, and they spawn it almost any corner on the side or behind you. The story is pretty much lackluster. Still, only the first game has the best story.
So, mostly the same problems as 2?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
So, mostly the same problems as 2?
Yes. The new Korean developer did not learn the mistakes Red Entertainment made in the past. Why anyone thought this was a good idea is beyond me? They probably ignored the testers complaints and did whatever they thought was best with no regard for anybody else. Shame on them, and shame on Red Entertainment. Nightintow, the new Trigun anime better be good. I have no idea what you were thinking doing the art for this (which is pretty good and have some cool designs) , but letting the gameplay get to that. I know you can't control everything, and it's not exactly his department, but someone should have spoken up and said, "Yeah, let's not do that and remove platforming of any kind and make it shorter!".

Last edited:
Reactions: Dalisclock

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
Secret Hitler the anime - Virtue's Last Reward

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
The First Vampire Hunting Game To Go Full Anime - Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
True Cyber Shinobi - Vengeful Guardian: Moonrider
Duke Lo Pool 3 - Shadow Warrior 3

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Hey what'd you think of it? I'm thinking it will be my next PS5 game, but I dunno if it's worth the $50
Awesome game. A game that is a video gamey ass video game, and nothing more. It's not ashamed of what it is. I got the game as a Christmas gift, so I didn't pay anything. I still would have paid 50 bucks for it, when given the chance. There is not too much bonus content, but the game has 16 chapters and it gets even better on New Game Plus. Whether Evil West is worth the $50 or you want to wait on a sale, I don't blame you either way.

Last edited:

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Why Is a Gender Flip Such a Common Alternate Universation?- Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart

Reactions: BrawlMan