Report: Apple Watch Needs Daily Recharging

Guerilla

Sep 7, 2014
Idlemessiah said:
I've got a smart watch. It tells me the time and the date, its waterproof, scratch proof and I assume shatter proof and dust proof too given what its been through. I've had it for over 6 years now and I've only had to change the battery 3 times. It cost less than half as much as any phone branded smart watch yet it has a satisfying weight and size, usually a good indicator of a quality build, and yes Mr. Wayne, it does come in black.

Accurist over Apple any day.
Yes, but can you use the exact same apps your phone has without the insufferable STRUGGLE of getting your phone out of your pocket? No you can't, sir.

Check. mate.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Sillarra said:
I really don't see a point of this. My normal watch lasts for at least 3 years before needing a battery replacement.
Three years, pah! I use a wrist sundial from The Flintstones so I never need a battery.

Haerthan

Mar 16, 2014
Or you know guys you could just get a normal watch, preferably one that is waterproof, and wear it for months and months before the battery even thinks of dying on you. No need to recharge it.

truckspond

Oct 26, 2013
Stryc9 said:
Mr.Mattress said:
That's not bad actually; where it all day, then when you get home you plug it in and let it charge for tomorrow.

Still, I'm the kind of guy that has his phone nearly plugged in 24/7, so it might not be a problem to me, but I can imagine it might be a bit of a problem for people who are busy all day.

Hopefully they'll increase the battery life soon.
You know that's kind of bad for your battery right? You should let it run down and charge it. I did this once with a Samsung Galaxy mp3 player leaving it plugged in a lot of the time and it really damaged the battery. It swelled up in the middle and wouldn't hold more than 50% charge toward the end.
No, That's a leftover from the days of Nickel-based rechargable batteries. You should always keep a smartphone battery north of 50% as much as possible to ensure long life. http://gizmodo.com/how-to-take-care-of-your-smartphone-battery-the-right-w-513217256

Mezahmay

Dec 11, 2013
Uhh...I'm just...so sick of hearing about this damn product. I bothered to listen to a video by some guy on The Motley Fool hearing how this product would popularize wearable technology, and all I walked away from that was that they haven't finalized the production line to manufacture the necessary microchips for these devices to work, the CEO of The Motley Fool is an infallible tech industry prophet, and the idiot narrating the video actually asked himself why people would bother buying an overpriced watch sight unseen that has a screen surface area the size of approximately two quarters and couldn't come up with a satisfactory answer to not invest in it despite the fact Apple already sells iPod nanos the same size with a watch strap accessory, it's a somewhat niche market with a decent amount of competition already, and Apple is the company that sold the devices that slowly replaced wrist watches back in 2001 (iPod original) or 2007 (iPhone/iPod Touch) assuming phones in general hadn't already removed the need for dedicated wrist watches by then.

Even if this thing does miraculously become a smash hit where several other smart watches really haven't, we'll now get to put up with obnoxious people talking into their watches instead of their phones and hackers will have a very large incentive to develop tricks to crack Apple Pay. Uhh...I really want to stop being so cynical, and then shit like this happens. At least they didn't call it the iWatch, I guess. Little surprised at that now that I think about it. How will people know it's actually an Apple product without the stylized "i" in front of it?