Report: Disney is Eyeing Chris Pratt to be The Next Indiana Jones

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
No.

NO

NOOOOO!!!!

Hollywood needs to stop rebooting everything that was ever popular and focus on trying to make new things to be popular. I'm getting seriously sick of all these reboots and unwarranted sequels.

It was already annoying but now it's just getting downright pathetic.

Tiamat666

Level 80 Legendary Postlord
Dec 4, 2007
webkilla said:
ugh...

Why not just come up with an original dungeon-delving explorer/treasure hunter guy?

I wouldn't mind seeing Pratt in that. Why rehash Indie...
Yes.
Seriously.
Some things need to be left to RIP.

Think of something new, but don't put a new guy into an Indiana Jones costume.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Why not just make a new franchise with a similar premise? Why does it have to be reboots. Do things with previously unknown titles just not do well?

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
This could be fun. From interviews I have seen with Steven Spielberg, he never meant Harrison Ford to be Indy, but for the Hat, Jacket, and Whip to be Indy. it was an homage to the series adventure stories he grew up watching. I could really see Indy being Jame Bond or Dr. Who like character that gets changed up every so often.

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
Seems logical, he basically already played Han Solo.

At the same time I can sort of chime in with everyone who's saying that a reboot feels unnecessary. Indiana Jones doesn't have so much lore tied to it that they couldn't do just as well with a new treasure hunter movie franchise. Possibly even better, since they'd be more free to come up with new cool stuff. Then again it wouldn't draw in half as much money as an Indy reboot, so I guess that's too much to hope for.

Also, as much as I didn't like Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, I actually kind of liked Shia LeBeuf's character in it. I wouldn't have minded seeing him leading an Indiana Jones movie. It be different for sure, but maybe that's why the thought intrigues me ^^

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I could see this. I think Chris would make an excellent Indy. He certainly has the onscreen charisma, good comedic timing, and he proved his action movie chops with GotG. I can easily imagine him in a scene like this.

JPArbiter

Oct 14, 2010
am I the only one who wants to see Sean Patrick Flannery take a shot ant an adult Indy? he did allright as a teenager

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I think that he could actually pull off a pretty good Indy.

And as someone who really liked Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (it wasn't the worst of the bunch IMHO), as well as LeBeouf's character, even I don't think he would have been a great fit for the hat and whip.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
Well, at worst, he's still a better pick than LeBouff for this role.

As for the reboot itself, while I'd prefer they did an original Indy-inspired character, I understand that they want some extra security from brand recognition and I'm fine with that. As long as they make it good...

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
I'd actually like to seen Jensen Ackles as Indy. I think he could pull it off great. He's got the looks, he can be serious, he can be funny and he looks great in leather jackets.
If I were the producers, I'd seriously consider him.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Silentpony said:
I'd actually like to seen Jensen Ackles as Indy. I think he could pull it off great. He's got the looks, he can be serious, he can be funny and he looks great in leather jackets.
This^

This a million times....

or get him for the Uncharted movie :)

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Silentpony said:
Or Bradley Cooper. I know a lot of people dislike him for some reason, but he's basically Harrison Ford of our generation.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Nope.

Cris Pratt is a fine and likeable actor, but he does not have the chops to play Indy. Indiana Jones is a scrappy badass first and foremost with some derpiness sprinkled here and there. It's what makes his exploits engaging eventhough we know he'll eventually power through. Chris Pratt is kind of the opposite. He's a doofus with a dash of ruggedness.

I guess it could make for an entertaining movie, but I wouldn't really want another Indy movie anyway. Certainly not one under Disney's management.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
I feel I have to post this since we are all talking about Shia.

OT: I like Chris Pratt enough that I kinda want to see him as Indy. Crystal Skull sucked ass, but it didn't help that Harrison Ford is ancient, and that the script sucked. I bet you could get the right story to be written for Chris and make a good movie.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Hmm.
Pratt was great in Guardians for the same reasons Dr. Jones was likeable.
But at the same time, I can't help but feel a bit worried about rebooting Indiana Jones.

I'm old fashioned about some things, and one of those was the amazing practical effects in the three Indie movies (there is no Crystal Skull as far as I'm concerned). Those films showcased how great practical effects can be.

That said, Guardians was a CGI romp, and it was pretty great. I just don't know if they can retain the same "grit" of Indie.

Spaceman Spiff

Sep 23, 2013
Signa said:
I feel I have to post this since we are all talking about Shia.

OT: I like Chris Pratt enough that I kinda want to see him as Indy. Crystal Skull sucked ass, but it didn't help that Harrison Ford is ancient, and that the script sucked. I bet you could get the right story to be written for Chris and make a good movie.
Experiencing that video will be the the highlight of my day. So strange, yet oddly entertaining. Very WTF, yet mesmerizing. Thank you for sharing it.

ash12181987

Nov 9, 2010
Chris Pratt would be pretty good, Or Bradley Cooper like someone said before me.

The thing Isn't who plays Indiana Jones though, it's who directs and writes. For Direction: Motherfucking Joe Carnahan. He could make a proper Indiana Jones movie.

That said, lets get a new, and actually sensible (I'm looking at you Crystal Skull) story. I say that... But we're probably just going to get a remake of Raiders. Directed (Again) by Lost boy [J.J. Abrams]

Edit: Also, Indy's new dad? Liam Neeson. Make it happen Disney.