Report: GTA V "Next-Gen" Edition Has New First Person Walking, Driving

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Report: GTA V "Next-Gen" Edition Has New First Person Walking, Driving

Grand Theft Auto V's first-person driving mode is reported to feature a fully functioning car interior.

We all knew that the upcoming Google cache [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/137404-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-PS4-Xbox-One-November-2014-PC-January-2015] of the official Rockstar support website, it seems like we know what at least some of those features will be. Probably the most interesting new change that was leaked was the addition of a new "first person" mode for both driving and walking, with the driving variant featuring a fully-fledged car interior, that shows working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more.

In addition, the support post stated that the next-gen release will contain "All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations."

For those of you already playing the game on PS3 or Xbox 360, you'll be glad to know that "In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC."

The support post was initially dated September 12, 2014, but has been pulled from the live version of the Rockstar website. Since it's an official Google cache, it does mean that this post was live at some point, if only for a moment, meaning that while it is still a "rumor" until confirmed by Rockstar, you can pretty much be assured that these new features are legit.

Source: [a href="http://tinyurl.com/pht9bhe"]Google cache[/a] via reddit [http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2h1lix/google_cache_of_rockstar_webpage_reveals_gta_v/]

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
GTA 4 already has a (little janky) first person driving/shooting mod.

<youtube=hEf7dq_jDR0>

Working dash would be great, though.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
Oh hey, happy about the transfering of characters.

Cool news, I always like rockstar. They tend to do whatever the heck they like. Perks of self publishing I suppose?

Grumman

Sep 11, 2008
That's a nice addition. I'm still not going to buy it, since I don't want to play as any of the protagonists of GTA5, let alone all of them, but hopefully this feature will stick for enough games for a better protagonist to show up.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Charcharo said:
Jinjer said:
Does anyone still care about GTAV..?
Well yes. Many people still havent played it, and some of those eagerly await to see what mods it can spawn.

Besides... forgetting games is what Activision/EA wants you to do. Kill the old and buy the new and its DLC. Everything old is shit, everything new is better and shinier.
They try to do that all the time.

Dont forget the older games people. Dont. You are harming yourself that way.
Yup, I hate this new attitude that yearly game releases spawned where a year after release no one cares about a game anymore.

Supreme Commander never stopped being fun, the Orginal Crysis never stopped being fun.

AnthrSolidSnake

Jun 2, 2011
Well that's neat I guess. I quite enjoyed the first person mod that GTAIV and San Andreas had, though it was also available in the combat. First Person is a much better perspective to get an appreciation of a games graphical detail, and it gives you a better sense of depth and scale that's easier for you to understand.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Jinjer said:
Yes

More on topic though, cool since the mod for GTA IV did wonders to the game (when it wasnt spazzing out).

Flammablezeus

Dec 19, 2013
Traveling in taxis in first-person is one of the touches I absolutely loved with GTA IV. This will make things even better when GTA V comes out on PC.

Dec 16, 2009
Jinjer said:
my thoughts exactly. whats with all the HD remakes for this gen?

It'll be a year since the initial release for it to get to current gen, and even longer for PC. I highly doubt I'll be buying until a heavy price drop/steam sale.

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
Charcharo said:
Jinjer said:
Well yes. Many people still havent played it, and some of those eagerly await to see what mods it can spawn.

Besides... forgetting games is what Activision/EA wants you to do. Kill the old and buy the new and its DLC. Everything old is shit, everything new is better and shinier.

I'm not forgetting about old games, hell I almost exclusively play older titles. But since I'm a PC gamer GTAV basically shot itself in the foot by not being available for me in time to garner any interest, and in the year since it came out nothing has been said about GTAV that really made me want to play it. I'm good replaying San Andreas with all it's jetpack flying fuckabouty fun, thanks.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Jinjer said:
All the PC gamers who haven't got to play it yet. I'd say quite a lot of people still care.

I'll enjoy playing it for the first time with better graphics, less bugs, and possibly mods.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Jinjer said:
Yes, for me personally too. Looking forward to playing it as the game it could/should have been, the graphics where not just "bad" they actually affected gameplay too. Item pop in would get you killed when moving fast and the world often felt empty and pixelated faces and scenery took a lot of the experience, having a more populated world and no killer trees/lamp posts/buoys will improve the game.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Jinjer said:

It'll be a year since the initial release for it to get to current gen, and even longer for PC. I highly doubt I'll be buying until a heavy price drop/steam sale.
Jinjer said:
Charcharo said:
Jinjer said:

I'm not forgetting about old games, hell I almost exclusively play older titles. But since I'm a PC gamer GTAV basically shot itself in the foot by not being available for me in time to garner any interest, and in the year since it came out nothing has been said about GTAV that really made me want to play it. I'm good replaying San Andreas with all it's jetpack flying fuckabouty fun, thanks.
I really dont get this mentality, I dont like or care about Final Fantasy games but I am not going to post saying "Why do they keep making them? If I dont care that means no ones does, right?"

Also to the last poster that I quoted, if there is nothing there that interests you then there was nothing there at all in the first place meaning that the delay has nothing to do with it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Oh, thank God. The one thing this game was missing was first person walking.

Jinjer said:
Ask the PC gamers flipping tables because it's coming out two months later than on Xbone and PS4.

Jinjer

Jun 16, 2012
josemlopes said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Jinjer said:

Jinjer said:
Charcharo said:
Jinjer said:

I really dont get this mentality, I dont like or care about Final Fantasy games but I am not going to post saying "Why do they keep making them? If I dont care that means no ones does, right?"

Also to the last poster that I quoted, if there is nothing there that interests you then there was nothing there at all in the first place meaning that the delay has nothing to do with it.
Actually, when it was first released I was mildly interested in getting it, but it's been a year and reviewers and gamers have already turned over every rock and made it abundantly clear that there really isn't anything to make it more interesting than it's predecessors

Dec 16, 2009
josemlopes said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Jinjer said:

Jinjer said:
Charcharo said:
Jinjer said:

i just don't see why a HD remake of a year old last gen game is news worthy. ratio wise there seems to be more HD remakes on this gen than on any other

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Mr Ink 5000 said:
josemlopes said:
Mr Ink 5000 said:
Jinjer said:

Jinjer said:
Charcharo said:
Jinjer said:

i just don't see why a HD remake of a year old last gen game is news worthy. ratio wise there seems to be more HD remakes on this gen than on any other
I would guess that its because of multiple things, the 7th generation came when HD TVs were being introduced and they overall couldnt keep their games running the 1080p definition for most of the time meaning that most of its games werent as good as they could have been. Since now everyone seems more interested in those things with the whole "The Xbox One cant run 1080p" stuff I guess publishers saw their chance to re-release their profitable releases with the promise that this is as good as they can be for now.

This will probably happen again once 4k TVs become the norm, in the 7th gen we had games from previous gens made compatible with HD TVs because of the HD jump too (and money of course).

Older games probably didnt earn much visual quality when it was still 480p so that is probably why there werent many re-releases but even with the Xbox Live Arcade there were a ton of really old games being released again like Pacman, Galaga and some others.

Dec 16, 2009
josemlopes said:
I would guess that its because of multiple things, the 7th generation came when HD TVs were being introduced and they overall couldnt keep their games running the 1080p definition for most of the time meaning that most of its games werent as good as they could have been. Since now everyone seems more interested in those things with the whole "The Xbox One cant run 1080p" stuff I guess publishers saw their chance to re-release their profitable releases with the promise that this is as good as they can be for now.

This will probably happen again once 4k TVs become the norm, in the 7th gen we had games from previous gens made compatible with HD TVs because of the HD jump too (and money of course).

Older games probably didnt earn much visual quality when it was still 480p so that is probably why there werent many re-releases but even with the Xbox Live Arcade there were a ton of really old games being released again like Pacman, Galaga and some others.
I'm not anti re-releasing games. i have tetris on my phone. old games arent dead to me.
the way I see it, it is like The Terminator I've bought it on VHS, DVD and BluRay, and I'll most likely get it on the next format, but it aint newsworthy. that just my POV, obvious others get excited for it