Report: Han Solo Spin-Off Pushed Back to Christmas, 2018

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
If I remember correct, this year will be Episode 9? So I guess we still got a epic film for Christmas then.

Nov 28, 2007
Scarim Coral said:
If I remember correct, this year will be Episode 9? So I guess we still got a epic film for Christmas then.
This year is episode 8. The way it's set to go for the foreseeable future is main movie, spin-off, main movie, spin-off, and so on in alternating years.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
RaikuFA said:
Worgen said:
I can't wait till they make a movie about the droid that Luke's family almost got before it broke down.
It ties in to the Blue Elephant from Jabba's palace film, who fought alcoholism and racism and got the Tatooine Sarlaccs the winning touchdown.
NO, the blue elephant is an undercover cop sent by the Detroit pd to infiltrate jabbas gang. Then the rebels showed up and ruined the whole investigation and his movie is about his alcoholism in dealing with the aftermath of 10 years wasted.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
thebobmaster said:
Scarim Coral said:
This year is episode 8. The way it's set to go for the foreseeable future is main movie, spin-off, main movie, spin-off, and so on in alternating years.
My bad, got the number mixed up.

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
I really don't see why people are against this movie. So far the new movies have been decent and all starred new main characters with old characters as background roles. Now we're getting a Han Solo movie, a good way to test the waters and see how far they can go from the main story they've been telling so far.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
MCerberus said:
OH HELL NO!

Disney do not get to cut loose with the best character from the best part of the expanded universe.

It's basically unfilmable anyway. Revan is a different character to everyone who played KotOR and voiceless, so whatever they do it won't look, behave or sound like Revan does to the people already familiar with him/her. To people who didn't play KotOR Revan in his/her armour looks like a rip off of Kylo Ren, sacrilege as that may be.

It's one of those things I would rather didn't happen at all than happened badly.

enginieri

Apr 1, 2015
So according to wookiepedia Han is born 30 years before Death Star goes kaboom, Alden will be 28-29 at end of 2018, so big chunk of the movie by logic must be 3-10 years before Rogue 1- New Hope, so close that Han already (probably) would have the Falcon, be friend with chewie, be a smuggler... I wonder what will be the interesting nucleus of the movie, what do yhou think?

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
enginieri said:
shinyelf said:
test the waters and see how far they can go
You can do both things in the same movie?
Yes? The two can pretty much be taken to mean the same thing depending on how you use language.