Report - Images of NX Controller Leaked

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Zontar said:
Plus can the WiiU really be called a failure? I mean sure, it underperformed, but it's only 6 million units behind the Xbox One world wide. Sure that's 30% more Xbox Ones then WiiUs, but that's nothing compared to the 140% difference between the Dreamcast (the last true failure of a console) and both the Gamecube and Xbox, or the 425% difference between both of them and the PS2.

Hell, unless things change all three consoles are set to be outsold by their predecessors.
That's what happens when you don't try to expand the gaming audience as a whole and cater exclusively to the "hardcore."

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Yeah this is a load of bs, even nintendo wouldn't design a controller to look that uncomfortable and impractical in this day and age. Damn thing doesn't even have face buttons, how could you possibly use it to play a game without those.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Zontar said:
Plus can the WiiU really be called a failure? I mean sure, it underperformed, but it's only 6 million units behind the Xbox One world wide. Sure that's 30% more Xbox Ones then WiiUs, but that's nothing compared to the 140% difference between the Dreamcast (the last true failure of a console) and both the Gamecube and Xbox, or the 425% difference between both of them and the PS2.
Well, considering the Wii-U launched a year earlier and that the Xbox One is sorta semi floundering... Yeah, that's not too good. And apparently the Wii-U cost about as much to produce as the PS4 because of the touch screen controller.

Nintendo isn't launching the NX this quick because they're happy or even okay with the performance of the Wii-U. They want to bury this console as fast as they can.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Fulbert said:
Laggyteabag said:
[...] having 2 console failures in a row can't mean good things for the company.
Whoa, wait a second! Two console failures in a row? Which is the other one? The Wii that sold over 100M units worldwide and became the third best-selling home console in the world? Or the 3DS that sold 53M units? Neither seems like much of a failure to me. In fact, both sold better than the current gen darling, PS4, which did 35M units.

So what do you mean by two console failures in a row?
I was talking about the failure of the Wii U, and the theoretical failure of the NX.

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
Laggyteabag said:
Fulbert said:
Laggyteabag said:
[...] having 2 console failures in a row can't mean good things for the company.
Whoa, wait a second! Two console failures in a row? Which is the other one? The Wii that sold over 100M units worldwide and became the third best-selling home console in the world? Or the 3DS that sold 53M units? Neither seems like much of a failure to me. In fact, both sold better than the current gen darling, PS4, which did 35M units.

So what do you mean by two console failures in a row?
I was talking about the failure of the Wii U, and the theoretical failure of the NX.
Oh. That makes sense, actually. Sorry. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
Thank sweet Baby Mario. That would have been terrible.

And Nintendo... think long and hard about the fact that such a series of bad decisions was considered plausible.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Travis Fischer said:

And Nintendo... think long and hard about the fact that such a series of bad decisions was considered plausible.
Except they are not responsible for gamers being pathetically gullible. And all these reveals have done (one being very clever photoshop and the other 3D-printed) is show that rumors now more than ever are now guilty until proven innocent. Their viability as sources of info has now been rendered null and void. Plus I find it funny how these displays were too obvious in their trolling. If anything it shows just how predictable and easy to read gamers are because those mock-ups pandered to the shallow prejudices of the public. The mock-ups are too safe to be something Nintendo would do due to how unpredictable the company is.

Travis Fischer

Feb 1, 2012
Aiddon said:
Travis Fischer said:

Except they are not responsible for gamers being pathetically gullible. And all these reveals have done (one being very clever photoshop and the other 3D-printed) is show that rumors now more than ever are now guilty until proven innocent. Their viability as sources of info has now been rendered null and void. Plus I find it funny how these displays were too obvious in their trolling. If anything it shows just how predictable and easy to read gamers are because those mock-ups pandered to the shallow prejudices of the public. The mock-ups are too safe to be something Nintendo would do due to how unpredictable the company is.
You've missed my point entirely.