Report: iPhone 6 Images Leak Out, Shows 4.7 and 5.5-inch Models

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Report: iPhone 6 Images Leak Out, Shows 4.7 and 5.5-inch Models

Pictures of what the iPhone 6 would allegedly look like has made its way into the wild, and shows the rumored 5.5-inch variant.

Just this April, an over on Twitter [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/133394-Reported-iPhone-6-Leaks-Point-to-Thinner-Body-Bulging-Camera], reputable Apple leaker Sonny Dickson has posted what he says are pictures of Apple's next iPhone models. In the image, we can clearly see a standard-sized model that's sized at 4.7, and a bigger variant that's 5.5-inches.

While fake images are almost always a possibility, Dickson has correctly leaked images of the iPhone 5C that turned out to be the real deal. Before you assume that Dickson has units on hand, he confirmed that the iPhones pictured are dummy phones. Keep in mind that even if Dickson has been right in the past, there's still a very good possibility that the final design could change.

If history is any indication, Apple should be revealing the latest iteration of the iPhone very soon for an expected late summer or early fall release window.

What do you make of the new iPhone so far based on the leak? Should Apple forsake copying its competition with a 5.5-inch model and instead focus on new innovations?

Source: Forbes [https://twitter.com/SonnyDickson/status/477695793667645440/photo/1]

ExtraDebit

Jul 16, 2011
Honestly, I bought iphone because of the games and software, there're yet to have an infinity blade quality game on android yet, but when they do I would switch without a second thought. Iphones for me personally are almost unusable without jailbreak, the customization really sucks.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
So Apple might finally be releasing their phones in a size meant to be used by actual human hands?

About time.

AstaresPanda

Nov 5, 2009
wow.....just...arrrgghhh and ppl are still going to line up and buy this, a new one not long came out ffs. Does not NEED to be a yearly slight update

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Nope, waiting for my Galaxy Note 4 with the curved display, Snapdragon processor and 5.9 inch (I think) display. And expandable memory, unlike the iPhone.

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
5.5 inch. Thats to big. 4.7 is pushing it. Simple reason why? (Disclaimer: based on personal experience). Women. A lot of women in my vicinity already thought the iphone 5 was getting too big. You are about to alienate a lot of costumers apple. Also: I have e nexus 5. That screen is just big enough for me. Anything over 5inch is just too much. Even now there are some things that I need both hands for to do comfortably.

Chefsbrian

Jun 25, 2012
As an owner of a 5 inch device, I find it just within usable range with one hand, so I'm curious to see how a 5.5 plays out.

As a retailer who deals in phones and phone accessories, dear god no not another Iphone. I get far too many instances of someone coming in to get a case, who neglected to actually bring the phone. The 5c was already bad enough, a significant volume of the people I serve have no idea what model they actually have, they just assumed, like all Iphones beforehand, that just saying "The new one" Is enough. Now we are going to have two different sized flagship ones, and possibly an update to the C line too? Not a fault of Apple, of course, just a fault of human OS v1.0 I suppose.

Still won't touch it, I'm directly opposed to the idea of devices being that proprietary. I can tolerate the unique charger because you do have some defined benefits with it, and you can even get away with not being able to change the battery as your one freebie, but no expandable memory? I'm not paying an extra hundred or so dollars to add an extra 16 gigs when I can get a class ten 16 gig card on sale for twenty bucks? Not happening.

I suppose thats my obligatory "I don't like the Iphone" Rant. Nothing really "Wrong" With the device, per say, it just works against everything I want in a device.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
iseko said:
5.5 inch. Thats to big. 4.7 is pushing it. Simple reason why? (Disclaimer: based on personal experience). Women. A lot of women in my vicinity already thought the iphone 5 was getting too big. You are about to alienate a lot of costumers apple. Also: I have e nexus 5. That screen is just big enough for me. Anything over 5inch is just too much. Even now there are some things that I need both hands for to do comfortably.
Nobody's saying you have to buy the 5.5 model, you could just buy the 4.7 one.

iseko

Dec 4, 2008
Aeshi said:
iseko said:
Nobody's saying you have to buy the 5.5 model, you could just buy the 4.7 one.
True, I'm saying 5.5 is to big for me. I'm saying 4.7inch is to big for a lot of other people. Then again, I will never buy an iphone so for me it doesn't really matter.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012
Speaking as someone who sells Mobile/cell phones for a living:

If they do only have 2 models, in these sizes, they are throwing away a lot of their customers.

When the iPhone 5 came out I had hundreds of customers tossing up between it and an android alternative and the only thing that kept them iPhone was it's smaller size - The Motorola RAZR M was the closest thing Android had at the time in a comparable size but it was essentially a mid-tier phone.

If Apple are going to go straight to Android sizes they are going to lose a lot of upgrades.

People are going to hold in 1 hand the new iPhone, which will feel like Apple's first attempt at a phone all over again, and in the other, hold a Note 4 who's manufacturer has been making these types of phones for the last 4-5 years that will likely have a significantly better camera, processor, screen, battery, more RAM, expandable memory and be water and dust proof.

It has been no contest for a long time now, hardware wise, I think Apple totally lost their way at the iPhone 5 - Specs wise it was the same as a Galaxy SII 4G which had already been on the market for a year before the 5 was released.

I'd bet my own life that the new iPhones will be significantly more expensive then their Android counter parts that significantly out-spec and out-feature them too.

I remember when the Note 3 and iPhone 5S were launched in Australia:
Note 3 32gb - $799 + 32gb class 10 Micro SD card - $35 = $834
iPhone 5S 64gb = $1214

Their pricing is a complete joke, when you consider the sheer differences in hardware between the 2 phones, to be priced nearly $400 higher (with the note 3 having the option to add a 64gb micro SD to give it even more memory) is just insanity.

The Hungry Samurai

Hungry for Truth
Apr 1, 2004
I've been an iphone user since the 3g launched, and I"m probably gonna go with a G5 (or whatever the next coolest waterproof phone will be at the time) next time unless Apple can come out with a real game changer with its next iteration.

I like gadgets but I have no need for a thumbprint scanner.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
I think it's a good move on apple's part that will pay off in the end. Now people who like apple, but want a bigger phone can get one from them. I personally wont be getting anything from apple until their prices start making sense and i'm still perfectly fine with my galaxy s3, so whats the point in upgrading if the only new features are a bit better specs.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Vivi22 said:
So Apple might finally be releasing their phones in a size meant to be used by actual human hands?

About time.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. More likely we see the iPhone Nano.

snowfi6916 said:
And expandable memory, unlike the iPhone.
Which Google has been slowly rendering worthless.

Whatislove said:

If they do only have 2 models, in these sizes, they are throwing away a lot of their customers.
It's Apple. I'd be surprised at two choices that weren't colour oriented.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
Zachary Amaranth said:
Vivi22 said:

About time.
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for that one. More likely we see the iPhone Nano.

snowfi6916 said:
And expandable memory, unlike the iPhone.
Which Google has been slowly rendering worthless.

Whatislove said:

It's Apple. I'd be surprised at two choices that weren't colour oriented.
How is Google making expandable memory worthless? I can still tell my phone where to save stuff, like for Google Music I can tell it to save to either my phone or the microSD card.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
Sheesh....5.5 inches? My LG G2 is 5.2 and it's pretty much too big. I have a hard time reaching the top left corner with my right thumb. Admittedly, part of that is because I broke my wrist a while back and stretching that far sorta hurts but still. Even if my hand/wrist was perfectly fine just reaching it for easy one handed operation would be a little tough.