Report: Red Dead Redemption Remastered Coming to PC, PS4

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Report: Red Dead Redemption Remastered Coming to PC, PS4

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1334/1334206.jpg
A Korean website has apparently spilled the beans on a HD remaster of Red Dead Redemption.

Korean gaming magazine [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/tag/view/red%20dead%20redemption?os=red+dead+redemption] is now reporting that western is next in line for the HD remaster treatment, and may be finally gracing the PC with its presence.

The website mentions that their source confirms a PC and PS4 release, but says that the Xbox One version may be skipping Korean shelves. We don't have any reason to believe that this will be the same for US shelves, however, given the original's success on Xbox 360.

Either way, we will find out for sure on September 7, as the source claims Sony will officially unveil the game during it's PlayStation 4 Neo reveal event [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/168133-Sony-Confirms-September-PlayStation-Event].

Source: Destructoid [http://gamefocus.co.kr/detail.php?number=62952&thread=22r02]

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
I've been silently looking at this article for 5 minutes. I'm kind of speechless. If this is true then HOLY FUCK! I want it so much I wanna cry.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Steven Bogos said:
The website mentions that their source confirms a PC and PS4 release, but says that the Xbox One version may be skipping Korean shelves. We don't have any reason to believe that this will be the same for US shelves, however, given the original's success on Xbox 360.
It's kind of a dick move to not release it for the Xbox One, but at the same time it would make sense. The recent backwards compatible release runs as great as it could on the X1, with a mostly solid 30fps with V-sync, compared to the 360 and especially the worse PS3 version. Sure, a bump from 720p30 to 1080p60 would be nice, but would it be worth the full retail price?

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
NLS said:
Steven Bogos said:
It's kind of a dick move to not release it for the Xbox One, but at the same time it would make sense. The recent backwards compatible release runs as great as it could on the X1, with a mostly solid 30fps with V-sync, compared to the 360 and especially the worse PS3 version. Sure, a bump from 720p30 to 1080p60 would be nice, but would it be worth the full retail price?
Asia doesnt care for the Xbox, so maybe it just will be a western exclusive.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
It will probably be released for the Xbox One as well if this rumor is true. It doesn't make sense for Sony to pay for exclusive/half-exclusive/timed exclusive deal for a remaster of a 2010 game. And it doesn't make sense for Rockstar not to release it on one of the big three systems.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
if its stated officially and if the price is right, i certainly would give it a try. it sure was a title i wanted to try out but sorry, pc gamer only. the port better be good.

PG

Apr 2, 2008
Screenshots or it didn't happen. There have been dozens of "reports" of a remaster for this game, all unsubstantiated.

Ncrdrg

Sep 12, 2014
That'd be nice, I was disappointed this never got a PC port. Never got around to playing it. Let's hope this news bit comes true!

Rommel102

Oct 8, 2014
"HD Remaster" of a game that was already in HD just means a resolution bump. Not worth it for consoles, though it is nice to see it finally on PC.

Xbox One has the full game on backwards comparability and it works great. The way it should be done.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Rommel102 said:
"HD Remaster" of a game that was already in HD just means a resolution bump. Not worth it for consoles, though it is nice to see it finally on PC.

Xbox One has the full game on backwards comparability and it works great. The way it should be done.
It was 720p back in 2010 when even 1080p on the PC was staring to get old. And we don't really know what the extent of the remaster is. Or if it's even real. It's only a rumor for now.

Royas

Apr 25, 2008
This is one game I'd like to see a remaster of, if only so that I can play it on my current console. In my opinion, this was one of the best games ever made, much less the best game on the PS3, and if any game deserves a remaster to current gen consoles, this is the one.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
*excited yelling noises*

Finally. This was one of the few games I never got around to playing on my old ps3. Glad to see it's coming to PC (if this is true).

thewatergamer

Aug 4, 2012
Took them fucking long enough if you ask me, I will NEVER understand the logic of deliberately limiting your potential customer base just for the sake of cuddling up to some big corporation that will throw you under the bus the instant its convenient for them (Xbox One Kinect anyone?)

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
PC community just exploded with joy!

This will likely be the title that convinces Rockstar to always do a PC port if GTAV sales didn't already.