Report: Skyrim: Legendary Edition Compiles All DLC Packs

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Report: Skyrim: Legendary Edition Compiles All DLC Packs

Dawnguard, Hearthfire and the recently released Dragonborn are reported to be included in the new legendary edition of Skyrim.

Its not uncommon for publishers to release "Game of the Year" editions of games with DLC, compiling all of a game's DLC into a discounted package. Borderlands and Fallout 3 are just two examples of this. So it should come as no surprise that Eurogamer Poland [http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2013-04-18-skyrim-legendary-edition-w-czerwcu] has spotted a "Legendary Editon" of Bethesda's dragon slaying simulator Skyrim at a Polish retailer. The new edition will compile the full Skyrim game, along with Dawnguard, Hearthfire and the recently released Dragonborn into a single package.

The retailer had given the collection a June 7 tentative release date. The Xbox 360 and PS3 versions were priced at 169.90 zł (roughly $54 USD), while the PC version was listed at 139.90 zł (about $44 USD). Bethesda have given no official word on the Legendary Edition of the game, but given the fact that it recently announced it was "done with Skyrim" [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123296-Bethesda-Claims-Its-Done-With-Skyrim], and the fact that it has done this kind of thing before with Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, it makes a lot of sense.

Bethesda claims that while no more DLC is due for Skyrim, it will continue to support the game, issuing bug fixes and patches for the various versions of Skyrim as necessary. "We've invested so much of ourselves into Skyrim and will never truly say goodbye to it," the company claims.

Dragonborn [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/120492-Bethesda-Unveils-Dragonborn-Trailer] was the most recent, and final DLC to be released for Skyrim, and saw the player venture to the lands of Morrowind to find out that he is not the only Dragonborn in existence.

Buying the DLC separately on Steam costs around $45 USD, so this new Legendary Edition offers a pretty big discount.

Source & Image: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-04-18-skyrim-legendary-edition-to-contain-all-dlc-report]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Why'd they break tradition like that? Call it GotY Edition like you did for Morrowind and Oblivion! >:O

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I've waited so long for this news, and finally my wallet is going to let me get Skyrim.

I better book off a couple of months post June 7th.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
CardinalPiggles said:
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I've waited so long for this news, and finally my wallet is going to let me get Skyrim.

I better book off a couple of months post June 7th.
Ninja'd. Though in my case, I've simply been waiting for Skyrim to drop in price, period. Took forever for the Steam version to finally be reduced in price to $40, at which point I had vague aspirations about snagging it whenever it might next go on sale. But with this news, that possibility just turned into a certainty.

ritchards

Non-gamer in a gaming world
Nov 20, 2009
And this is why I'm waiting for a GOTY edition of Tomb Raider (and for it to be on sale).

KoudelkaMorgan

Jul 31, 2009
This is why I didn't get any of the DLC, apart from not wanting them in the first place.

Random NPC massacres by vampires? nty

Getting to build yet more homes I never spend any time in? nty

Allowing dragons to spawn in order to get to go to Solstheim? tough decision ._.

Having a broken TV so I can't play it regardless...saves me a lot of $ lol

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Man looking at it really reminds you how little DLC came out for Skyrim.

Makes me sad.

Voulan

Jul 18, 2011
I'm still really disappointed about no more DLC. There are so many potential story lines that they could have done - the Snow Prince of the Falmer, the civil war and the Thalmor - but instead we get two terribly short campaigns and a build-your-own-house simulator. Whatever happened to those promised DLCs like Shivering Isles, Bethesda? And I thought 5 were planned?

Sep 14, 2009
i don't have any of the DLC yet, and considering how expensive it is, i'll probably just wait for the inevitable steam sale (especially during summer/winter sale), buy the legendary edition, and just sell/trade the regular part of the copy, unless bethesda are chodes and group the DLC into one tight package so i can't pawn off the extra copy i'll have.

MrPeanut

Jun 18, 2011
It's kinda shame they only made 2 proper dlc.

Although, considering how bethesda always makes them half assed, buggy as hell and usually overpriced for their content, MAYBE it's good.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Be nice if they released all of the DLC on a physical disc. Be a real welcome for those of us who want it, but have neither the speed nor capacity on our internet plans to make downloading it viable.

Link XL1

Apr 6, 2010
Voulan said:
I'm still really disappointed about no more DLC. There are so many potential story lines that they could have done - the Snow Prince of the Falmer, the civil war and the Thalmor - but instead we get two terribly short campaigns and a build-your-own-house simulator. Whatever happened to those promised DLCs like Shivering Isles, Bethesda? And I thought 5 were planned?
yeah, what happened? i thought i read somewhere that dragonborn was an expansion (whereas dawngaurd and crappy house builder were just dlc) and that there were gonna be 2 more big huge expansions after it?

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Good news for me- I'm yet to get Skyrim, and I'll have to get it on a 360 without internet access, as much as I'd rather play the PC version as I did with Oblivion.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
SageRuffin said:
Question: did that huge-ass patch ever drop for Skyrim?
yeah the 8th of April, but no one likes it cause it fixes the "Oghma Infinium" glitch.

I just gave my pc copy of Skyrim to a mate, so I'll pick this up when it's dropped in price/dirt cheap on Steam.
Then I can play Skyrim how it was ment to be played... with ten ton of mods!

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
I still wonder why they dont release a modded version of the game? Would make the legendary version truly epic.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Wasn't the Legendary Edition what they called the version of Skyrim that comes with the dragon statue? Anyway, I'm going to keep my fingers crossed up until release that a Wii U version will surface. I know it likely won't but I'm going to hope against hope. Even though it likely won't drop on the Wii U I'll still probably grab it on the PS3 since I only have the basic 360 version...because I can't download shit on my 360. *sigh*