Report: Star Wars: Battlefront Will Launch This November

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
9,354
0
0
Report: Star Wars: Battlefront Will Launch This November


The official Star Wars: Battlefront website [http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/news] has a release date for the game hidden in its code.

Super sleuths over at official website [http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/nextgen_battlefront/news/star_wars_battlefront_releases_november_17_2015_on_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html] for the game doesn't overtly mention any dates, hidden within its code is a very damming statement: "Star Wars: Battlefront - Available November 17, 2015 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC."

You can probably expect the date to be officially announced tomorrow, when EA will stream an official preview of the game at Star Wars.com [http://www.starwars.com/]. As a quick FYI, the Battlefront stream will begin on Friday April 17 at 10.30am PDT/1.30pm EDT.

Additionally, the website has also revealed the first official in-game screenshot of the game, showing off a scout trooper riding a speederbike through the iconic Endor forest. You can check it out to the right.

If the leaked date is true, it means that Battlefront will likely ship a couple of weeks Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - one of its major competitors - which typically releases on the first or second Tuesday of November. It also means it'll come ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens December release date.

We've reached out to EA for confirmation, but your best bet is to probably just check out the stream tomorrow morning.

Source: Video Gamer [http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/nextgen_battlefront/news/star_wars_battlefront_releases_november_17_2015_on_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html]

Permalink
 

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
2,918
0
0
Already bought it for my original xbox in 2004 when it was released, great game though the heroes were done better in the sequel, Battlefront 2.
 

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
4,267
0
0
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
 

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
2,871
0
0
I thought this would be the case too, The Forece Awakens releases around the same time so it makes sense to cash in on all the Star Wars hype.

OH MY GOD I'M SO F*CKING EXCITED FOR BATTLEFRONT!
 

Saulkar

Regular Member
Legacy
Sep 18, 2020
3,142
2
13
Country
Canuckistan
Aerosteam said:
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
I would not doubt they do it intentionally to make it difficult to search up the older ones while making sure that someone on a nostalgia trip happens across the newer stuff more readily. Almost a slightly less malicious version of nonpersoning a.... game instead of a person.
 

Godhead

Dib dib dib, dob dob dob.
May 25, 2009
1,692
0
0
This is the last time I'm letting myself get excited for a DICE game.
 

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
16,509
0
1
If the release date is true and doesn't end up getting pushed back, then it look like I will finally have a reason to get one of the new consoles.
 

008Zulu_v1legacy

New member
Sep 6, 2009
6,019
0
0
I want to see actual in game footage before I decide. All these tech demo clips are just wasting peoples time.
 

sumanoskae

New member
Dec 7, 2007
1,526
0
0
Aerosteam said:
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
I cannot fathom why they made this decision. People are just going to call it Battlefront 3 because not doing so would be fucking confusing!
 

P-89 Scorpion

New member
Sep 25, 2014
466
0
0
Aerosteam said:
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
Because Battlefront 2 came out 10 years ago and to anyone under 20 that name is irrelevant.

This way they get the older audience who do remember and the younger audience who think it's a new game.

Sequels only get good sales off of there name within 4 years on average after all.
 

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
2,918
0
0
P-89 Scorpion said:
Aerosteam said:
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
Because Battlefront 2 came out 10 years ago and to anyone under 20 that name is irrelevant.

This way they get the older audience who do remember and the younger audience who think it's a new game.

Sequels only get good sales off of there name within 4 years on average after all.
Thanks for making me feel old at 25. This just confuses people when we compare Star Wars Battlefront to Star Wars Battlefront and talk about what Battlefront did better than Battlefront and worse than it.
 

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
3,815
615
118
Country
Philippines
P-89 Scorpion said:
Because Battlefront 2 came out 10 years ago and to anyone under 20 that name is irrelevant.

This way they get the older audience who do remember and the younger audience who think it's a new game.

Sequels only get good sales off of there name within 4 years on average after all.
I'm 16, my friends are 13-16 as well, and Battlefront 2 was easily our favorite game. We were all so disappointed in Grade 6 when we learned Battlefront 3 was officially cancelled.

Aerosteam said:
They're actually calling it "Battlefront"? As in, not "Battlefront 3"?

I swear to Christ the game industry sucks at naming anything nowadays.
They claim it's a "reboot". In other words, its their excuse to not include a third person mode.

OT: HOLY TIT MUFFINS I CAN'T WAIT! Especially when after I watched that amazing Force Awakens teaser. I hope I won't miss the gameplay stream tomorrow.
 

dangoball

New member
Jun 20, 2011
555
0
0
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:
to not include a third person mode.
Wut? No 3rd person? I haven't been following the news at all so I have no idea what's going to be in the game and what's not. Is that a fact? Please tell me that's not a fact.
 

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
3,815
615
118
Country
Philippines
dangoball said:
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:
to not include a third person mode.
Wut? No 3rd person? I haven't been following the news at all so I have no idea what's going to be in the game and what's not. Is that a fact? Please tell me that's not a fact.
Not a fact no, but a highly supported guess. DICE has never made a non-FPS game before. In all the interviews and articles I have read, the call both the new game and the old Battlefronts FPS games, even though third person was default. A DICE dev even said that Battlefront will be a "revolutionary FPS".They claim there will be "third person elements", though that could easily be just a third person mode for vehicles, or similar to what they have in Destiny, or just for the Heroes and Villains.

Here's hoping though, I love seeing sexy stormtrooper armor in 3rd person.
 

Recusant

New member
Nov 4, 2014
699
0
0
I'm starting to think that EA's feeling jealous- they lost out to Comcast for Consumerist's Worst Company of the Year last year, and I think they've figured out that pissing off gamers isn't enough; now they've going after the notably larger target demographic of "people who understand how numbers work".

P-89 Scorpion said:
Sequels only get good sales off of there name within 4 years on average after all.
That... that doesn't make any sense at all. Name recognition is a huge part of the industry; why do you think we saw horrific PPS versions of Syndicate, Thief, and X-Com ten or more years after the last installment of each? More to the point, how on Earth could you quantify that? Even if you're somehow surveying every customer, and you somehow know that each of them is being entirely honest, who is ever motivated to buy a game for one single reason? At the very least, can you give us a cite for that statistic?
 

Fappy

\[T]/
May 1, 2020
12,010
0
0
Country
United States
I hope you guys are ready for tons of micro transactions and map packs!

I really hope I am wrong, but this EA we're talking about :/
 

P-89 Scorpion

New member
Sep 25, 2014
466
0
0
Recusant said:
I'm starting to think that EA's feeling jealous- they lost out to Comcast for Consumerist's Worst Company of the Year last year, and I think they've figured out that pissing off gamers isn't enough; now they've going after the notably larger target demographic of "people who understand how numbers work".

P-89 Scorpion said:
Sequels only get good sales off of there name within 4 years on average after all.
That... that doesn't make any sense at all. Name recognition is a huge part of the industry; why do you think we saw horrific PPS versions of Syndicate, Thief, and X-Com ten or more years after the last installment of each? More to the point, how on Earth could you quantify that? Even if you're somehow surveying every customer, and you somehow know that each of them is being entirely honest, who is ever motivated to buy a game for one single reason? At the very least, can you give us a cite for that statistic?

Syndicate and X-com were reboot's not numbered sequels with one successful and one a failure.

Meanwhile Thief while only in the barest sense was a sequel it bombed, while game sales are harder to find look at film sequels and you see that less than 4 years is the sweet spot for increasing profit from a sequel.
 

dangoball

New member
Jun 20, 2011
555
0
0
Bob_McMillan said:
dangoball said:
Yay! I can't wai-

Bob_McMillan said:
to not include a third person mode.
Wut? No 3rd person? I haven't been following the news at all so I have no idea what's going to be in the game and what's not. Is that a fact? Please tell me that's not a fact.
Not a fact no, but a highly supported guess. DICE has never made a non-FPS game before. In all the interviews and articles I have read, the call both the new game and the old Battlefronts FPS games, even though third person was default. A DICE dev even said that Battlefront will be a "revolutionary FPS".They claim there will be "third person elements", though that could easily be just a third person mode for vehicles, or similar to what they have in Destiny, or just for the Heroes and Villains.

Here's hoping though, I love seeing sexy stormtrooper armor in 3rd person.
That makes me sad but at least there is still hope.

Fappy said:
I hope you guys are ready for tons of micro transactions and map packs!

I really hope I am wrong, but this EA we're talking about :/
Sigh... A fools hope, I guess.

Why are there so many caveats to something I want to be exited about? Damn you, gaming industry!
 

Often

New member
Apr 18, 2010
36
0
0
If the leaked date is true, it means that Battlefront will likely ship a couple of weeks Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Missed a word there between weeks and Call.
 

Dominic Crossman

New member
Apr 15, 2013
399
0
0
I'm calling it now the special units such as jedi, chewie, boba fett, etc.
Will cost real money to play as every match. Something like £0.59/$0.79 to spawn as XXX.