Report: The Last Guardian Will Finally Be Shown at E3 This Year

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
9,354
0
0
Report: The Last Guardian Will Finally Be Shown at E3 This Year

Yet another rumor that The Last Guardian will finally show its head after all these years.

Read Full Article
 

Objectable

New member
Oct 31, 2013
867
0
0
Hey, Mr. Sandow. Can I borrow your old entrance music?
Thank you!
<youtube=C5dlzbD7iMc>
 

Sniper Team 4

New member
Apr 28, 2010
5,433
0
0
Nope. I'm taking that Half-Life 3 example a step further:

I won't believe either of these games exist until I hold a PHYSICAL COPY in my hands. Until then, forget it. Which is a pity, because this game has looked amazing since it first appeared years ago.
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
16,751
812
118
Country
Argentina
"We'll have it when we have it, if and when we ever have it" is the only honest answer to this.
 

Infernai

New member
Apr 14, 2009
2,605
0
0
You know, at-least Final Fantasy 15 devs gave the excuse (Albeit, still not a very good one) for why the game wasn't out or why they held back on showing it off. And even then, they've released a demo of the damned thing...

The Last Guardian has been skulking around with nary a word for over 6 years, I think it's about time we just let it go and wrote it off guys. Just like Half Life 3, you'll be better off when you just give up on it ever coming out.
 

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
15,489
0
0
Silentpony said:
Why do I get the feeling DLCs and micro-transactions are going to plague this game?
Assuming the same developers who APOLOGIZED for the PS2 versions of their games not being good-looking enough have anything to do with this, I wouldn't agree with that statement. When a developer feels they owe you a better game and delivers, they're not just in it for the money.
 

dragongit

New member
Feb 22, 2011
1,075
0
0
We have a week now to see if any rumors are true. I'm going to just go ahead and try and forget this post ever happened so I don't give my hopes up if it's false.
 

mysecondlife

New member
Feb 24, 2011
2,142
0
0
I remember last year that Uncharted 4 got a lot of crap for not being The Last Guardian.

If the rumor is false, I wonder what will be the lucky game to take Uncharted 4's place this year?
 

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
4,419
0
0
mysecondlife said:
I remember last year that Uncharted 4 got a lot of crap for not being The Last Guardian.

If the rumor is false, I wonder what will be the lucky game to take Uncharted 4's place this year?
My moneys on a new InFamous or a new Sly Cooper.
 

Vlado

Independent Game Journalist
Feb 21, 2015
97
0
0
This is interesting. I hope the game is still alive, but even with this report, I find it hard to believe.
 

Dead Metal

New member
Feb 7, 2010
131
0
0
Why the comparison to Half Life 3? The Last Guardian has at least been officially announced as being actually made, we even have footage and screenshots. Half Life 3 doesn't even have that, it's just a meme people splurt out because they wish Valve would make it. Kinda like people have been talking about a return of Crash Bandicoot as a Playstation mascot to the PS4.

As for if we'll get something at E3, not getting my hopes up.
 

StatusNil

New member
Oct 5, 2014
534
0
0
Got my hopes up. Saw the source was the Guardian. D'oh!

"Good authority", eh? I thought the only one they recognized was Leigh Alexander.
 

Raggedstar

New member
Jul 5, 2011
753
0
0
gigastar said:
mysecondlife said:
I remember last year that Uncharted 4 got a lot of crap for not being The Last Guardian.

If the rumor is false, I wonder what will be the lucky game to take Uncharted 4's place this year?
My moneys on a new InFamous or a new Sly Cooper.
Infamous is possible, but I doubt Sly Cooper would take it's place. Today, it's not a hugely popular series, and even the reveal of the 4th game was put in the middle of the show. Hell, Sony barely marketed the finished product despite being fairly solid. So far, no one has announced anyone working on the IP. Seems like Sanzaru Games is working on another 3DS Sonic Boom game, and months ago they commented how they no longer have the IP of Sly.

OT:

 

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
4,419
0
0
Raggedstar said:
gigastar said:
mysecondlife said:
I remember last year that Uncharted 4 got a lot of crap for not being The Last Guardian.

If the rumor is false, I wonder what will be the lucky game to take Uncharted 4's place this year?
My moneys on a new InFamous or a new Sly Cooper.
Infamous is possible, but I doubt Sly Cooper would take it's place. Today, it's not a hugely popular series, and even the reveal of the 4th game was put in the middle of the show. Hell, Sony barely marketed the finished product despite being fairly solid. So far, no one has announced anyone working on the IP. Seems like Sanzaru Games is working on another 3DS Sonic Boom game, and months ago they commented how they no longer have the IP of Sly.
Well i agree that it probably wont be Sly, but if its not TLG then its probably something from Sucker Punch.

Actually that would be living up to the studios name...
 

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
3,057
0
0

I'll believe it when I see it. And even then, unless they also announce a release date, we have no clue when the game's going to come out. Final Fantasy XV anyone?
 

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
9,354
0
0
bartholen said:

I'll believe it when I see it. And even then, unless they also announce a release date, we have no clue when the game's going to come out. Final Fantasy XV anyone?
Pretty much this, we seen some games go into development for more then 5 years and never hear a peep out of them aside from small tidbits of information, at least with FF XV we finally got a demo, and they appear to be pouring more effort into it.

Honestly I wouldn't expect much of The Last Guardian at this year's E3, aside from maybe a trailer for it, but without a solid release date, I think it's meh to most people at this point though.